ClearCall Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Systems Administrator (ShoreTel) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ClearCall Solutions (Chandler, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

just to point out.. I felt i needed to come back and leave this review to put anyone else on alert that might want to consider employment here.. I applied online and within 24-48 hours, got a response back. Did an online interview, which is fine with me, because most companies dont take the time to go through initial resumes and so this made me at least LIKE the fact they would take the time to check me out as a candidate. I dressed appropriately during the online interview, answered about 5-10 questions and got the call for in-person interview. For the In-person interview, I was being asked Networking questions which seemed weird to me as this had NOTHING to do with networking. Then I started getting weird questions about my certifications as if they were trying to look down on me or be spiteful that i earned them (CCNA, VCP, MCSE) I was asked nothing about ShoreTel, Active Directory, SCCM, Hyper V, VMware Esxi, Exchange, and etc.. Finally, I pointed out to them on their job description that they listed 2 competencies that makes it appear they want the candidate to be a MANAGER. All 3 individuals denied it. I opened my Tablet (at the end of the interview) to show them the bullet points as: 1) Solid relationship management and performance management skills 2) Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates They still denied as saying, " Hmm.. we should probably talk to HR about this.. " well after receiving a typical " can-email response, " that i didnt get the job 3-4 days later I see the same company posting a new job title " IT Manager, " virtually all with the same description/duties/competencies. So either these guys wanted to blow smoke, they wanted to get a Sys Admin (but use them as a manger), or both. If i were anyone reading my review, and I was in IT these are MAJOR.. MAJOR.. MAJOR red flags about the department and the company in general.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ClearCall Solutions (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email the morning of (ironically) April 1 from a recruiter stating Clearcall wanted me to provide 2-3 options of availability for a phone interview. I replied within an hour with the requested information. I became slightly concerned that day when I didn't hear back but I figured the recruiter was most likely tied up. Unfortunately things took a turn for the worst when I still hadn't heard back the following day in the afternoon. I figured my email wasn't received so I sent a duplicate message with the same results. I finally sent a 3rd and final message asking if any of my emails had been received. I heard nothing then I saw that the same recruiter looked at my LinkedIn profile. The only thing I can surmise is that she saw something she didn't like and decided not return my email. The problem with judging me on my LinkedIn is that there is nothing unprofessional there and it matches my resume. As a matter of fact I had recently started a profile before applying with Clearcall and didn't even have a photo. After this experience I'd probably say many of the negative reviews from current and past employees are valid. In some ways I should feel grateful since I accepted a Sr. IT Engineer position with a reputable company a month later. However Clearcall is a very unprofessional company and I would trend carefully if you happen to receive an offer of employment.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ClearCall Solutions (Chandler, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

If you know how to smile and be hype you'll get the job. Also if you read their core values and recite how you use those values on a day to day basis you'll get the job.

Negotiation

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ClearCall Solutions (Chandler, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

A series of interviews, for the most part very impersonal - Started with a 30 minute 1:1 with a recruiter, which went well. Jennifer was great to deal with. The second part of the interview was a very impersonal, and strange Online video interview where your responses are recorded (It's not the same to respond to a pinhole camera on a laptop guys), once past that portion of the interview I was invited to interview with the Director of IT as well as 2 other IT staff members (Whom would be managed by this position) It was strange to have employees who would report to the position interviewing their future manager, I appreciate the collaborative culture however. The team boasted about how many hours they've been working lately and seemed generally burnt out/unhappy. I enter the doors of clearcall excited but left the building not even wanting the job if offered. I am used to being worked hard in IT but I did not get a sense of excitement for the company from their IT staff, outside of the nearly cult-ish references to sayings their CEO have that everyone seems to live by. After not being a fit for the role or their needs, I received what looked to be an automated email from a donotreply email address. I understand you have many roles/positions to fill but after spending at least 5-8 hours to accomodate the phone screening/video recording interview/personality test/in person that you can at least send a personal email to a candidate. I wish your company well, but after this growth spurt this company will have serious growing pains.

Interview Questions

• What core values apply to you on our webste   2 Answers

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ClearCall Solutions (Chandler, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I received an email from the recruiter who asked if I was interested in pursuing the position. This was followed by a phone screen by the recruiter. She then sent me an online DISC assessment (personality assessment) to be completed by the time my in person interview was to take place. I interviewed at the Chandler, AZ office with two directors. After the interview, I was sent a take home marketing analysis simulation to be completed in three business days. After I submitted the simulation, i was asked in for another in person interview at the Chandler office with two different directors.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question

I received an offer 35% less than what I had stated my salary expectations were at the beginning of the interview process. The offer was also considerably less than the market rate a Senior Business Analyst should expect to be paid. When I countered with a well reasoned basis for my counter offer, Clear Call Solutions said that they "could not accept my counter and were moving on to other candidates". This is the first time I've heard of a company not willing to negotiate a counter offer and instead essentially saying 'your counter offer hurt our feelings and we are not considering you anymore'. I'm astonished by their lack of professionalism in handling this matter. I think the recruiting process displays a lot of qualities of an organization. If my experience is the norm for Clear Call Solutions, then i imagine the organization treats the majority of it's employees quite poorly.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ClearCall Solutions (Chandler, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for it and got a call back in a day. Went in a few days later and had a good interview. Interviewed with the recruiter and a sales manager since the hiring manager was busy. Had to do a mock call but it was easy.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ClearCall Solutions (Chandler, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview that went well and an in-person interview that was average but that had very few in depth questions. In hindsight, I'm wondering if it was more of an obligatory interview since it was an internal employee who had recommended me. Though I was fully qualified for several open positions, some even below the position I'd appplied for, I never received a response either way and was never offered any positions. I took a personality test and I completed a time consuming analytical project that was not pertinent to the position I had applied for. After following up several times for over two months, I was repeatedly told I was definitely being considered but that they were still in the process of interviewing other candidates. I kept hoping they'd let me know either way; I'd even turned down another position while waiting on an answer. In my 20 years of professional positions, I've not been through such a frustrating and unprofessional interview process. I accepted an executive position with another company but have still not received a rejection or offer after almost 3 months of them continuing with interviews. I can only assume this is indicative of their internal operations, so perhaps it is good that I did not receive an offer. I wish them the best as I know they are in a growth phase and I hope for future applicants' sake that they take the feedback on this site, to heart.

Interview Questions

• What core values do you most identify with from our website?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ClearCall Solutions.

Interview

The junior level interviewers for this position did not know how to correctly interview a senior person. They treated the interview as if it was an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• They asked inane questions and not really delving into the nitty gritty.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ClearCall Solutions (Chandler, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

Really easy. You apply, they call you, you come in for an interview, you read a script in a separate room, they try to play he whole "you call me if you would like to work here", they give up on waiting, they call you, they hire you. This company will hire anyone

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ClearCall Solutions (Chandler, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

This is one of the strangest interviews I have had in my life. When I came in, I was interviewed by two very very young directors who thought I was there for another position.It was a strange confusing interview from beginning to end. I hoped I would not be called back. The rejection letter was a blessing to me. I was contacted again a few days ago so I am writing this review to say no thanks.