ClearSlide Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ClearSlide.

The process took 3 weeks.I applied online via glassdoor, and then first received a call from the recruiter. The recruiter was nice and gave a thorough introduction to their business and program.The followed up by a coding challenge, which consists 2 simple questions, however, one needs to take care of the overflow problem.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ClearSlide in January 2015.

The interview went smoothly. I thought it went well. The recruiter was nice and positive. Maybe it was all "fake acting an interview" since I ended up not even getting an in person interview to further discuss my qualifications. I can't see what I may have said wrong in the phone conversation. I was well qualified for the job. I was sure the recruiter would have spoke well of me to move forward. That's what I left feeling afterwards. But I ended up not moving forward.

There was something disconcerting about this whole interview process, and it was that I had to interact with a third party recruiter who acted as an assistant to this recruiter I ended up talking on the phone with. Since when did recruiters now have assistants?
    After my phone interview, I wrote a positive followup, but I was only able to email this assistant recruiter. Who knows if the actual hiring recruiter ever got my message?

Beware of this now folks.... Interviews are starting to drag out as long as it can by making more interviews than necessary and having you speak to people who may be unnecessary and a waste of your interview time with the company.

The job is still up by the way. And it has been up at least since November 2014 as recorded on Glassdoor Interview Reviews.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions that I couldn't answer about having similar previous experiences related to the job.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ClearSlide.

I just had my first phone interview with Clearslide this morning. The process from beginning to end was seamless. Scheduling of the call was effortless and the scheduler was very responsive and friendly. The recruiter I spoke with was articulate, warm and answered all my questions graciously. She asked me great questions about my job experience and what I was looking for in my next role. Hands down this was the best interview process I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all very appropriate and pertained to my experience and were I saw myself long term.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ClearSlide in November 2014.

Contacted the recruiter through email.
    Pre: 20-minute phone screen with recruiter.
    First round: 1-hour long technical interview with software engineer

The recruiter hasn't contacted me since setting up the interview, even after a follow-up email. I doubt I will ever hear back.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ClearSlide in November 2014.

1) Within a week from application: Call from Recruiter
    2) Two weeks after application: Phone call with hiring manager
    3) Four weeks after application: Interview with team members and leadership from different departments (about 4 hours total)
    4) 1 month after application: Given an assignment and data in order to build a presentation deck relevant to the role and using ClearSlide

Interview Questions
    • General questions about how experience and skills are relevant to the role.
      A couple of basic and intermediate Excel and Salesforce tests.
      Questions on career goals and culture fit.

Answer Question

Technology Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and honest. The company was extremely small at the time and their growth potential looked awesome. I met with their two founders, both great guys, and I enjoyed our conversations. Ultimately the commute would have been too difficult for me, so I did not accept the offer. However the company itself seemed like it had amazing potential for success and would be a great place to work. They since have grown to be a market leader in their space so it looks like I was right.

Interview Questions

The commute would have been too difficult.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ClearSlide in July 2014.

Applied via the website--got a response the same day for a phone screen. Interviewer was friendly, impressed by how I presented myself, and gave me a little demo of the product. Asked me to come in a few days later along with 10 other candidates for a interviewing session. There were two one on one interviews, one of which was about me and why I chose sales, and the other was a role playing scenario. All of it went well and I felt I made a good connection with each interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Given 15 minutes to prepare for role play--had to give a sales pitch to the interviewer who acted as a employer at a startup company looking for a new service.   Answer Question

Corporate Account Executive Interview

1 phone interview 3 on site F2F interviews with team managers. 1 role play selling clearslide using clearslide that took place a week later and over the phone. Job offer the next day took 2 weeks. I was complimented on the fact that I sent relevant and individual thank you notes to each interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Name three company's you could sell clearslide? Why and how would they use it?   View Answer
    • How do you sell value to a customer?   View Answer

Wasn't for me

Corporate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ClearSlide in March 2014.

I was connected through a recruiter, first had an phone call with the internal recruiter and then the director of sales, went very well. The invited me in for an in person interview and I nailed it, they loved me, so they decided to have me present an online demo explaining there product, I spend days working on the pitch and studying the product. After I did the demo, being good at what I do, I realized he was a little turned off so I asked him what he thinks and then he said I didn't add a key slide and he showed it to me which made no sense given that I had no idea what there demo look like. based on the way they presented it, it seems that you have to go and study the product intensively on your own, they clearly have no training and want people to sell from day one which make no sense, you have to provide some sort of training.

Interview Questions
    • product questions felt that I needed to be a veteran about their product which didn't make a lot of sense given that I was interviewing at other companies   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ClearSlide in February 2014.

worse company ever. scheduled an interview but was a no show, with no notification whatsoever.