ClearView Healthcare Partners Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Life Sciences Summer Analyst () Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners.

30 minute interview, with half devoted to some general interview questions (tell me about yourself, etc.) and the other half a case study. The interviewer was friendly and even gave me feedback at the end. 2 days later I was emailed to come in for an on-site interview, which is upcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a research project you have worked on in 2 minutes, pretending that the audience is 10th graders. Then do it again pretending the audience is grad students in your field.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. First round was easy. 15 min of fit followed by 15 min of a case interview. Very straight forward. Mirrored the case interview found on the website. Be prepared with a good answer for "Why Clearview". They are looking for more than just "because I like healthcare, and because I like the culture of a small firm." Final Round is held in their Boston Office. Starts with a lunch with a presentation about company culture. Be prepared to have other potential candidates be at the lunch and use this time to network wisely. Next were 5, 40 min interviews each with a case as part of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was given 20+ pages of information about a client and then asked very detailed questions regarding potential strategy after only 15 min time to prepare.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The entire hiring process was very efficient. Got invited to an interview shortly after sending in resume through university. Interviewer was nice, and asked standard interview questions, followed by a short case study. The firm seems to have a great culture and friendly people who really enjoy working there. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer was quite standard and there were no difficult questions. Some behavioral questions followed by short case study.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners.

I applied online through my schools on campus recruiting process process. This interviewer was a graduate of my school and was very friendly and sociable.

I had a second round interview a week later in the office. I had 5 30 minute interviews and lunch with other prospective candidates. 2 were with newer employers and 3 were with upper management.
    I heard back within a few days.

Overall the process went very smoothly and they were very accomodating. The office culture is very friendly. There is a large focus on drinking that seemed present.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of typical healthcare cases: should we buyout a small company making this drug or a small company making this drug, how much should we price this antibiotic at?   Answer Question
    Very fluid and easy - I talked with someone at the company directly over the phone.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners in November 2014.

Quick turn around between phone interview and full day in-office interview. All cases seemed relatively straight forward and I enjoyed my interview. After no receiving an offer, I was unable to get any feedback, even though the rejection email stated something like "please let us know if you would like to schedule a time to receive specific feedback." Frustrating, because I felt like I did very well and would have liked to know where I need to improve.

Life Sciences Analyst Interview

Resume drop through school's recruiting website, followed by phone interview with current analyst consisting of a couple of "fit" questions (why pharma? why consulting? why clearview?) followed by a short case question which involved evaluating the market for a new drug launch both quantitatively and qualitatively; hear back the following week and received a final on site interview to be completed in a couple of weeks

Interview Questions
    • estimating the market for a new diabetic macular edema drug   Answer Question
    got an offer to the next round of interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners in October 2014.

Saw them at a university career fair. Presenter was very energetic and bubbly and emphasized that this company is different from other consulting companies because they do "real science". I liked that. Sent in resume and cover letter to email provided; heard back later than others but perhaps they did interviews in waves. Had a first-round interview the day after someone else had second-round interviews, but we both got the same case. It was a medical condition-related case. The first-round interview was over the phone and it was very difficult to communicate since my earphones volume were uncontrollable and it was to the max. Prior to the case, we had a fit interview - went over resume in detail. Asked a behavioral question.

Interview Questions
    • Why did it take this long to complete your PhD (also he counted incorrectly.. added a few years)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners in October 2014.

Submitted resume through university career website. Heard back about interviews on campus after three days. Interviewed several days later on campus. I was informed that I had a second roun interview at the Clearview office the following week. I traveled to Newton, MA for the final rounds. Had 6 45 minute interviews at the office, with 5 cases and one fit interview. I received a call 1 hour after leaving the office, and I was told I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Know what information is needed to calculate peak sales and know the factors that would affect the pricing or value of a drug.   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Phone based interview screening then invitation to office (transportation paid for). Interviews lasted a whole afternoon (about 5 interviews about 30 minutes each for questions not too difficult and all related to healthcare and pharmaceuticals). They provided lunch and a table to ask questions. Short 10 minutes for each interview segment was spent on resume and experience, and the rest was a case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners.

The interview process started with an on-campus interview, one-on-one with a current analyst. The analyst I interviewed with was very nice and polite, and the interview consisted of a few behavioral questions followed by a case study with both quantitative and qualitative questions. The focus of the interview was definitely on the case study.

After the first round interview, I had a superday at the ClearView offices where I met with multiple analysts and two of the partners. Everyone was very nice, and what I liked the best was that the partners tried to teach you something during the interview. The case studies were definitely to test your skills and you want to get those questions right, but the more qualitative questions asked by the partners seemed to be centered around probing your thought process and seeing how receptive you are to learning new things when your initial answer was wrong.

Interview Questions
    • The cases were all pretty standard and involved market sizing for different drugs where you have to take into account number of patients, incidence/prevalence, how many times a year the drug is taken, etc.   Answer Question