ClearView Healthcare Partners

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners

Interview Details – Submitted cover letter and resume then heard back within a few days about interview. First round Interview was only 30minutes and consisted of about 5-10 minutes of fit/behavioral questions, 15-20 minutes of a case, and 3-5 minutes of questions for the interviewer. The case wasn't too difficult and the interview was more of a discussion. It dealt with moving forward with a new treatment for a rare disease. Heard back the following day about final round interview in their office. The final round interview started with a lunch with current analysts and then a mini-presentation on the firm. Everyone was nice. Following this, there were four interviews with two analysts, an engagement manager, and a principal. Each were about 30-45 min with fit, case, and time for questions. The senior members' were definitely more difficult (one number heavy and one more conceptual). Talking with everyone was enjoyable and they all loved the firm. Received a call with an offer about an hour and a half after leaving the interview.

Interview Question – Be familiar with drug development process.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners.

Interview Details – on campus interview for PhDs only. Was one of 15 interviewed that day and did not receive an offer. Interveiw was a mix of fit and background and a case. The case was basically a market size case and there were a few questions about healthcare strategy for pharma companies that are losing their patents

Interview Question – If you were a company losing its patent on a drug what would you do   Answer Question

Analyst

Interview Details – I received an interview through on-campus recruiting. The interview was 45 minutes long, and consisted of first basic fit questions, and then a simple 20 minute case (market sizing for a potential new drug). The case shouldn't be too difficult, if you know what you're doing. The interviewer was nice enough, and I was able to ask questions at the end. All in all I had a very pleasant and relaxed interview experience.

Interview Question – The questions were ones you can expect in any consulting interview. Be ready to answer why Clearview and not any other consulting firm.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting and was called in for a 45-minute on-campus interview. The interview started out with some standard questions about my background and interest in consulting. The interviewer also asked a couple of questions specifically about issues facing the pharma/biotech industry, which was unique among the boutique firms that I interviewed with. There was also a case, which was fairly straightforward - a market size estimation for a new drug, if I remember correctly.

I thought that most phases of the interview went fine, but didn't feel a great vibe with the interviewer, who struck me as kind of cocky (though nice enough). Sure enough, I got a rejection notice a few days later.

Interview Question – Describe your perfect Saturday.   Answer Question

Consultant (Life Sciences) Interview

Newton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners in November 2012.

Interview Details – On-campus interview, then final round in Clearview office. I was completing a PhD in life sciences.

Interviewed on my university campus with a current Clearview consultant with a bunch of fit questions and a basic market sizing question. Made it to in-office round, which was apparently no small feat, since they apparently only invited 10-20% of first-round interviewees.

In-office was intense: 4 one-on-one interviews with mid-level and senior partners, and also given 40 or so minutes to trim and rearrange some Powerpoint slides then give a 20-minute presentation to some of the current consultants on those slides. There was also a lunch with current newer consultants and candidates, which was probably evaluative, but at least felt like a break.

Most of the interviews involved drug market types of cases, and there were lots of experience questions. Not many of those McKinsey-style "tell me about a time you worked on a team" questions. At least 2 of the interviewers picked apart my resume line-by-line and asked me specific things about it, which was unexpected but refreshing, since in my experience they don't usually even read it.

All in all, the in-office interviews felt like they went well, but I didn't end up getting this on - I think that the market for entry-level PhD consulting positions is so competitive this year that there is room for firms of all sizes to turn down people who might have made it through in previous years.

It was about 5 days in between interviewing on-campus and being invited to the office, and just over a week in between when I interviewed in-office and when I heard back saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Most surprising was probably the Powerpoint presentation. Did not see that one coming at all, and the timing is extremely stressful.   Answer Question

Newton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners in October 2012.

Interview Details – Recruited through on-campus interviewing program. First round was a 30-minute market sizing question about diabetic macular edema. Final round was in office and included lunch with part of the team, 45 minutes with an analyst (market sizing and some fit), 45 minutes with a senior analyst (marketing a drug and some fit), 45 minutes with a principle (mostly free-form case about a current project), and 45 minutes with a partner (totally amorphous questions with lots of pushback).

Interview Question – Why did Lipitor, the fourth or fifth entrant into the statin market, become the best selling drug of all time? What are some strategies they may have used? Which of these could have actually attributed to their success?   View Answer

Associate Summer Intern Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners in February 2012.

Interview Details – I found out about this position from my school's Job Board and applied/set up my interview through there. I had a 1:1 interview at my school's career center. The interview went smoothly; it consisted of a general interview (what do you know about the company), a case and 5 minutes at the end for questions.

Interview Question – Medical condition: Severe Diabetic Edema
Calculate the market size, first year profits and qualitative factors that would affect whether or not our new injectable drug would be effective.
  Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners in March 2011.

Interview Details – Case: A company is deciding whether to develop an HPV vaccine? Predict the market and profits.

Interview Questions

Boston, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus recruitment. The interview consisted of a 30-minute phone interview, with a fit portion, as well as a quick case. The case was not difficult. Thought I did well, and connected with the interviewer, however was not asked to continue to the office round. When I emailed my interviewer for feedback, he never replied.

Interview Questions

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ClearView Healthcare Partners.

Interview Details – 1st round was a 30 minute interview with case and extensive background interview, then chance to ask questions. For the final round, went to the office. There were 6 general case and fit interviews. Everyone was extremely nice and professional. They also provided lunch. Whole process was smooth.

Interview Question – Why life sciences consulting?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ClearView Healthcare Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ClearView Healthcare Partners interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by ClearView Healthcare Partners employees and interview candidates.