Clearlink

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orem, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Clearlink in May 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview format. Two company / HR reps and small group (4-5) interviewees. Pretty casual / comfortable. Format: introductions made around the room; company / position overview provided; followed by questions thrown out to the group with expectation that all interviewees would have something to contribute.

Interview Question – Which of the following motivates you the most: compensation, competition, or recognition?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Clearlink.

Interview Details – Hired via a job fair. Showed up with a resume and interviewed with a bunch of people

Interview Question – If I didn't hire you, but gave you one chance to persuade me otherwise, what would you say?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Hired at $11/HR + Commission

Very Easy Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearlink in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview

Interview Question – Honestly there wasn't any unexpected questions it felt like we were all friends.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Clearlink in June 2012.

Interview Details – After you apply online, someone will call you and do a phone interview (really a phone screen). If they like you, or if you pass, they will invite you to come meet in person for a face-to-face interview. If they don't like you, they'll tell you that they will thank you and say they will contact you later with a final decision.
They do multi-person interviews, also called "blitz interviews," where they take you into a room with 5-15 other candidates for the position, and they ask everyone the same 3 questions. Then, everyone takes turns responding. Then they ask a couple open-ended questions and let people respond on a voluntary basis. After that, they hire the top 25% (including all the female candidates present) who stand out of the crowd as leaders to them, who would fit into the young early 20's - late 30's hipster culture. In my interview that included 12 candidates, I was hired with 3 others. In a coworkers interview of 15, there were 4 people hired, (both female candidates). This seemed to be the case universally among our coworkers. After that, you are all taken into a waiting room, and they call your names one at a time. The first ones they call in are offered a position. The rest are told that they will be contacted later on a final decision.

Interview Question – Voluntary question: "Who in this room do you see as your biggest competitor?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – "We would like to offer you a position here at Clearlink starting on (date). What schedule works best for you?"

Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Clearlink in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was really nervous with the phone interview because the interviewer asked a lot of questions but didn't give much feedback as far as how well I did. She said I would be contacted if they wanted to interview me further so I wasn't sure how I did, but afterwords I realized I answered the questions perfectly. Their main goal is to know they you are coachable and trainable and that you would approach sales opportunities as consultation opportunities rather than doing what it takes to get the sale. They want people who really understand that the main component to selling has more to do with connecting with the customer and understanding their needs than selling the customer. If you can answer that you're golden.
The in-person interview was a panel and about 1/3 of the people in the room got hired from what I remember. I think some are in different departments so I don't really know for sure as I don't see everyone all the time and there are 2 different buildings anyway. I think the panel was the most effective interview process because it gave everyone a chance to shine but didn't take much of your day. It also was taken serious enough, but the interviewers were wearing jeans-so the rumors were true- they really didn't care if you dressed casual or not. The people that interviewed me I still see all the time and are some of the people I respect most in the company to this day. They care more if you're dependable (ie on time for your interview, training, shifts, etc.).

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They start everyone out at the same base rate with the same stint raises. Their main point is that you can make as much as you want with the commission structure. That was attractive to me because the better job you do the more money you make and they always have incentives for those who do well, like movie with your team, golfing, skiing, spas dates, free TV's, iPads, etc. Benefits are good and after a year they pay 100%. They value their employees health and have a fitness incentive program.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Clearlink? Contribute to the Community!

Clearlink Videos

Clearlink – Why Work for Us?

At CLEARLINK, we are committed to creating a positive impact on our people, our partners, and the communities in which we do business. We measure success in multiple ways, with our consistently strong bottom-line… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clearlink Inside Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Clearlink employees and interview candidates.