Clearlink Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clearlink (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

You apply online, they schedule you in for a scenario testing, typing test, and see if you know some Window application keys like what keys do you use to copy/paste etc. They then do a group interview, it was easy questions if you've ever done sales. The interviewer was personable and fun to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What's your purpose that'll keep you motivated at this job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Clearlink

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I sent in an application online and was contacted in 3 or 4 days. I went in for an interview which i was unaware would be a group interview which can always seem a little impersonal but the recruiter made it feel natural and did well at identifying who would make good employees and who would not

Interview Questions

• How i will handle the i have to talk to my spouse objections when closing the sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Clearlink (Orem, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

Group interview format. Two company / HR reps and small group (4-5) interviewees. Pretty casual / comfortable. Format: introductions made around the room; company / position overview provided; followed by questions thrown out to the group with expectation that all interviewees would have something to contribute.

Interview Questions

• Which of the following motivates you the most: compensation, competition, or recognition?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Clearlink.

Interview

Hired via a job fair. Showed up with a resume and interviewed with a bunch of people

Interview Questions

• If I didn't hire you, but gave you one chance to persuade me otherwise, what would you say?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Hired at $11/HR + Commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearlink (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview

Interview Questions

• Honestly there wasn't any unexpected questions it felt like we were all friends.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clearlink (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

After you apply online, someone will call you and do a phone interview (really a phone screen). If they like you, or if you pass, they will invite you to come meet in person for a face-to-face interview. If they don't like you, they'll tell you that they will thank you and say they will contact you later with a final decision.
    They do multi-person interviews, also called "blitz interviews," where they take you into a room with 5-15 other candidates for the position, and they ask everyone the same 3 questions. Then, everyone takes turns responding. Then they ask a couple open-ended questions and let people respond on a voluntary basis. After that, they hire the top 25% (including all the female candidates present) who stand out of the crowd as leaders to them, who would fit into the young early 20's - late 30's hipster culture. In my interview that included 12 candidates, I was hired with 3 others. In a coworkers interview of 15, there were 4 people hired, (both female candidates). This seemed to be the case universally among our coworkers. After that, you are all taken into a waiting room, and they call your names one at a time. The first ones they call in are offered a position. The rest are told that they will be contacted later on a final decision.

Interview Questions

• Voluntary question: "Who in this room do you see as your biggest competitor?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

"We would like to offer you a position here at Clearlink starting on (date). What schedule works best for you?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Clearlink (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

I was really nervous with the phone interview because the interviewer asked a lot of questions but didn't give much feedback as far as how well I did. She said I would be contacted if they wanted to interview me further so I wasn't sure how I did, but afterwords I realized I answered the questions perfectly. Their main goal is to know they you are coachable and trainable and that you would approach sales opportunities as consultation opportunities rather than doing what it takes to get the sale. They want people who really understand that the main component to selling has more to do with connecting with the customer and understanding their needs than selling the customer. If you can answer that you're golden.
    The in-person interview was a panel and about 1/3 of the people in the room got hired from what I remember. I think some are in different departments so I don't really know for sure as I don't see everyone all the time and there are 2 different buildings anyway. I think the panel was the most effective interview process because it gave everyone a chance to shine but didn't take much of your day. It also was taken serious enough, but the interviewers were wearing jeans-so the rumors were true- they really didn't care if you dressed casual or not. The people that interviewed me I still see all the time and are some of the people I respect most in the company to this day. They care more if you're dependable (ie on time for your interview, training, shifts, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • What is the most important part of the sales process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They start everyone out at the same base rate with the same stint raises. Their main point is that you can make as much as you want with the commission structure. That was attractive to me because the better job you do the more money you make and they always have incentives for those who do well, like movie with your team, golfing, skiing, spas dates, free TV's, iPads, etc. Benefits are good and after a year they pay 100%. They value their employees health and have a fitness incentive program.