Clearlink Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.6

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Clearlink.

I was hired for this position as a sales rep. My performance and education made me a candidate in the eyes of a concerned and intelligent boss and the interview was more of a conversation and discussion than a grilling. Once in a management position, opportunities were presented for additional responsibilities based off of the needs for the business rather than specific positions coming available

Interview Questions
    • "Do believe you can be the right man for this job?"   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clearlink in October 2014.

I was called by the VP of Talent Acquisition after I had sent in my resume and applied for a marketing position. She set up a date and time for an interview with her. She would call me at the appointed time. The call never came.

I called and left a message on her phone after waiting for about twenty minutes. I also sent an email asking what happened. Later that day she emailed me back saying she had mistakenly put the appointment on her calendar for the next week. We made another appointment for a few days later.

The interview was about 45 minutes, appropriate questions, and was a pleasant experience. The VP of Talent Acquisition said she would set up a phone interview with the CMO, which she did.

The CMO called at the agreed upon day and time, informed me that he was driving, that he did not have my resume in front of him, and "what position are you applying for?" The call disconnected three times during the 45 minute interview. Apparently he couldn't be bothered to take the time to interview candidates in his office or home. I believe at one point I finally knew when he reached home because I could hear him disarming his home alarm system.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions had nothing to do with what was actually listed in the job description, and seemed to be pet projects or loves of the CMO.   View Answer

Vice President Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clearlink in July 2014.

I submitted my resume online and two weeks later I received an email requesting a telephone interview. On the agreed day and time, Clearlink did not call. After emailing asking if they wanted to reschedule, another day and time was set, only to not receive a phone call, again.

Clearlink apologized profusely thru an email and set another day/time for the phone interview. This time they called. The interview was fairly basic and most of the questions were about my marketing background and the results of various marketing strategies.

Following that interview, I was told Clearlink would arrange for me speak to another senior company executive. Like the first interview, various days and times were set and no phone call was received.

When I finally did have the telephone interview, it was obvious the person was reading from a list of prepared questions and never seemed interested in what my plan would be to run the marketing department.

After that interview, I was told I would interview with a member of the executive team and I would get an email with a day/time. After one week, I sent an email asking about the status. I did not receive an answer for four days. Then I was told it was the busy season and there would be a delay, but I would get the meeting info in the next three days. After five days I sent another email. Again, no response.

Finally, after another request for a status update I was told they would talk to the executive team and get a day/time. The next day I get a generic "thank you for your time, but we've decided to pursue other candidates" email.

Overall the interview process was unprofessional. Appointments were not respected and Clearlink did not respond when they said they would.

Clearlink Response

Aug 20, 2014Recruiting Director

We are very sorry to hear that you did not feel positive about your interviews with CLEARLINK for the marketing role. Your feedback to this experience is helpful, and we take it seriously. We have ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Clearlink in May 2014.

Group interview format. Two company / HR reps and small group (4-5) interviewees. Pretty casual / comfortable. Format: introductions made around the room; company / position overview provided; followed by questions thrown out to the group with expectation that all interviewees would have something to contribute.

Interview Questions
    • Which of the following motivates you the most: compensation, competition, or recognition?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearlink.

They just asked about previous work experience and asked me to start on Monday. Not very professional and not very in-depth. My case was somewhat extraordinary though, because I showed up unannounced and they made time for me because they were hiring so aggressively at the time.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay is set.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Clearlink.

Hired via a job fair. Showed up with a resume and interviewed with a bunch of people

Interview Questions
    • If I didn't hire you, but gave you one chance to persuade me otherwise, what would you say?   Answer Question
    None. Hired at $11/HR + Commission

Web Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clearlink in December 2013.

Current employee gave my info to appropriate party for the position. Then HR coordinated a phone interview that lasted about a half hour to an hour on a Thursday. Set up 2nd interview for the following Monday where I met one on one with the director, then one on one with another manager, then went into another room and met with 2 fellow designers that I would be working with. Then on that Friday was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I struggled with the question, "What websites do you follow for inspiration?" I froze only because I don't frequent many sites often and I tried to remember the ones that I have checked out, just couldn't remember. I know I like certain sites, but I should've been more prepared or even discussed sites are maybe a good resource for well-designed websites.   View Answer
    Negotiation wasn't necessary, I felt they are very competitive with pay.

PHP Programmer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearlink in October 2013.

Initial contact was a bit rushed, but that was understandable as I was a late entrant in the process. Interview went well and I was made to feel comfortable. The questions mostly surrounded background and experience. The environment seemed to be full on energy, a place where I would like to work.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearlink in September 2013.

They really don't look at sales experience because they will train you on the griffin hill sales process. They main thing they want to see is that you are hungry for money and that you are trainable. I was asked what motivated me, and I said money. Then he asked me what motivated me to make money. They want to know why you want to make money. For example, to buy a new car, or that you have a family at home that you need to make as much money a possible for. They also might ask you what makes a good salesman.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you to work hard besides money?   View Answer
    No negotiation with pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearlink in June 2013.

It was a group interview

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there wasn't any unexpected questions it felt like we were all friends.   Answer Question