Clearlink

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Clearlink.

Interview Details – Hired via a job fair. Showed up with a resume and interviewed with a bunch of people

Interview Question – If I didn't hire you, but gave you one chance to persuade me otherwise, what would you say?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Hired at $11/HR + Commission

Very Easy Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearlink in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview

Interview Question – Honestly there wasn't any unexpected questions it felt like we were all friends.   Answer Question

PHP Programmer Interview

PHP Programmer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearlink in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was a bit rushed, but that was understandable as I was a late entrant in the process. Interview went well and I was made to feel comfortable. The questions mostly surrounded background and experience. The environment seemed to be full on energy, a place where I would like to work.

Interview Question – How did I get started on software development.   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clearlink in December 2013.

Interview Details – Current employee gave my info to appropriate party for the position. Then HR coordinated a phone interview that lasted about a half hour to an hour on a Thursday. Set up 2nd interview for the following Monday where I met one on one with the director, then one on one with another manager, then went into another room and met with 2 fellow designers that I would be working with. Then on that Friday was offered the position.

Interview Question – I struggled with the question, "What websites do you follow for inspiration?" I froze only because I don't frequent many sites often and I tried to remember the ones that I have checked out, just couldn't remember. I know I like certain sites, but I should've been more prepared or even discussed sites are maybe a good resource for well-designed websites.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation wasn't necessary, I felt they are very competitive with pay.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearlink in September 2013.

Interview Details – They really don't look at sales experience because they will train you on the griffin hill sales process. They main thing they want to see is that you are hungry for money and that you are trainable. I was asked what motivated me, and I said money. Then he asked me what motivated me to make money. They want to know why you want to make money. For example, to buy a new car, or that you have a family at home that you need to make as much money a possible for. They also might ask you what makes a good salesman.

Interview Question – What motivates you to work hard besides money?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation with pay.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearlink.

Interview Details – They just asked about previous work experience and asked me to start on Monday. Not very professional and not very in-depth. My case was somewhat extraordinary though, because I showed up unannounced and they made time for me because they were hiring so aggressively at the time.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay is set.

Orem, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Clearlink in May 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview format. Two company / HR reps and small group (4-5) interviewees. Pretty casual / comfortable. Format: introductions made around the room; company / position overview provided; followed by questions thrown out to the group with expectation that all interviewees would have something to contribute.

Interview Question – Which of the following motivates you the most: compensation, competition, or recognition?   Answer Question

Vice President Marketing Interview

Vice President Marketing

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Clearlink in July 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and two weeks later I received an email requesting a telephone interview. On the agreed day and time, Clearlink did not call. After emailing asking if they wanted to reschedule, another day and time was set, only to not receive a phone call, again.

Clearlink apologized profusely thru an email and set another day/time for the phone interview. This time they called. The interview was fairly basic and most of the questions were about my marketing background and the results of various marketing strategies.

Following that interview, I was told Clearlink would arrange for me speak to another senior company executive. Like the first interview, various days and times were set and no phone call was received.

When I finally did have the telephone interview, it was obvious the person was reading from a list of prepared questions and never seemed interested in what my plan would be to run the marketing department.

After that interview, I was told I would interview with a member of the executive team and I would get an email with a day/time. After one week, I sent an email asking about the status. I did not receive an answer for four days. Then I was told it was the busy season and there would be a delay, but I would get the meeting info in the next three days. After five days I sent another email. Again, no response.

Finally, after another request for a status update I was told they would talk to the executive team and get a day/time. The next day I get a generic "thank you for your time, but we've decided to pursue other candidates" email.

Overall the interview process was unprofessional. Appointments were not respected and Clearlink did not respond when they said they would.

Interview Question – Tell how you manage your team.   Answer Question

Clearlink Response

Aug 20, 2014Recruiting Director

We are very sorry to hear that you did not feel positive about your interviews with CLEARLINK for the marketing role. Your feedback to this experience is helpful, and we take it seriously. We have ... More

Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Clearlink in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was really nervous with the phone interview because the interviewer asked a lot of questions but didn't give much feedback as far as how well I did. She said I would be contacted if they wanted to interview me further so I wasn't sure how I did, but afterwords I realized I answered the questions perfectly. Their main goal is to know they you are coachable and trainable and that you would approach sales opportunities as consultation opportunities rather than doing what it takes to get the sale. They want people who really understand that the main component to selling has more to do with connecting with the customer and understanding their needs than selling the customer. If you can answer that you're golden.
The in-person interview was a panel and about 1/3 of the people in the room got hired from what I remember. I think some are in different departments so I don't really know for sure as I don't see everyone all the time and there are 2 different buildings anyway. I think the panel was the most effective interview process because it gave everyone a chance to shine but didn't take much of your day. It also was taken serious enough, but the interviewers were wearing jeans-so the rumors were true- they really didn't care if you dressed casual or not. The people that interviewed me I still see all the time and are some of the people I respect most in the company to this day. They care more if you're dependable (ie on time for your interview, training, shifts, etc.).

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They start everyone out at the same base rate with the same stint raises. Their main point is that you can make as much as you want with the commission structure. That was attractive to me because the better job you do the more money you make and they always have incentives for those who do well, like movie with your team, golfing, skiing, spas dates, free TV's, iPads, etc. Benefits are good and after a year they pay 100%. They value their employees health and have a fitness incentive program.

Corporate Staff Member Interview

Corporate Staff Member
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clearlink in December 2012.

Interview Details – hiring process was very thorough and precise, great recruiter reached out to me, scheduled innovative personality survey and scheduled interview, after meeting with managers of the department I received a job offer a few hours later, their hiring process was easy and they emailed me all documents and checklist information that I need in order to start and meet criteria for their hiring policies.

Interview Question – How would you hire 50 people in a short period of time and make sure all hiring processes were completed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation of salary and benefits were discussed during 2nd interview

Worked for Clearlink? Contribute to the Community!