Clearlink

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearlink.

Interview Details – They just asked about previous work experience and asked me to start on Monday. Not very professional and not very in-depth. My case was somewhat extraordinary though, because I showed up unannounced and they made time for me because they were hiring so aggressively at the time.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay is set.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearlink in September 2013.

Interview Details – They really don't look at sales experience because they will train you on the griffin hill sales process. They main thing they want to see is that you are hungry for money and that you are trainable. I was asked what motivated me, and I said money. Then he asked me what motivated me to make money. They want to know why you want to make money. For example, to buy a new car, or that you have a family at home that you need to make as much money a possible for. They also might ask you what makes a good salesman.

Interview Question – What motivates you to work hard besides money?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation with pay.

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clearlink in December 2013.

Interview Details – Current employee gave my info to appropriate party for the position. Then HR coordinated a phone interview that lasted about a half hour to an hour on a Thursday. Set up 2nd interview for the following Monday where I met one on one with the director, then one on one with another manager, then went into another room and met with 2 fellow designers that I would be working with. Then on that Friday was offered the position.

Interview Question – I struggled with the question, "What websites do you follow for inspiration?" I froze only because I don't frequent many sites often and I tried to remember the ones that I have checked out, just couldn't remember. I know I like certain sites, but I should've been more prepared or even discussed sites are maybe a good resource for well-designed websites.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation wasn't necessary, I felt they are very competitive with pay.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Clearlink.

Interview Details – Hired via a job fair. Showed up with a resume and interviewed with a bunch of people

Interview Question – If I didn't hire you, but gave you one chance to persuade me otherwise, what would you say?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Hired at $11/HR + Commission

PHP Programmer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearlink in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was a bit rushed, but that was understandable as I was a late entrant in the process. Interview went well and I was made to feel comfortable. The questions mostly surrounded background and experience. The environment seemed to be full on energy, a place where I would like to work.

Interview Question – How did I get started on software development.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearlink in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview

Interview Question – Honestly there wasn't any unexpected questions it felt like we were all friends.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clearlink in May 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR to set up a time to do a prescreening interview. At the end of this introductory interview, I was invited to their office to meet with a few additional people. I first met with the same HR rep who called me to get a few more questions answered. After that interview, I was introduced to a person whom I would be working with as a peer. That conversation ended and I was introduced to the VP of the department and met with him for a little while. Unfortunately, after I spent the time with them, I was informed the next steps I would be contacted by HR within 2 weeks. I did some of the normal stuff like sending thank you cards to the hiring manager and the others who interviewed me. At 2 weeks I sent a follow up email and left a voicemail for HR. She did not respond. I waited another week and I called the hiring manager and sent an email. Zero response. I never even received a templated HR email stating I was not chosen for the position. This left a very sour taste in my mouth for this company. I was excited about the position at first, but was very disappointed in the lack of communication.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a time where you failed to deliver your results on time.   Answer Question

Corporate Staff Member Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clearlink in December 2012.

Interview Details – hiring process was very thorough and precise, great recruiter reached out to me, scheduled innovative personality survey and scheduled interview, after meeting with managers of the department I received a job offer a few hours later, their hiring process was easy and they emailed me all documents and checklist information that I need in order to start and meet criteria for their hiring policies.

Interview Question – How would you hire 50 people in a short period of time and make sure all hiring processes were completed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation of salary and benefits were discussed during 2nd interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Clearlink in June 2012.

Interview Details – After you apply online, someone will call you and do a phone interview (really a phone screen). If they like you, or if you pass, they will invite you to come meet in person for a face-to-face interview. If they don't like you, they'll tell you that they will thank you and say they will contact you later with a final decision.
They do multi-person interviews, also called "blitz interviews," where they take you into a room with 5-15 other candidates for the position, and they ask everyone the same 3 questions. Then, everyone takes turns responding. Then they ask a couple open-ended questions and let people respond on a voluntary basis. After that, they hire the top 25% (including all the female candidates present) who stand out of the crowd as leaders to them, who would fit into the young early 20's - late 30's hipster culture. In my interview that included 12 candidates, I was hired with 3 others. In a coworkers interview of 15, there were 4 people hired, (both female candidates). This seemed to be the case universally among our coworkers. After that, you are all taken into a waiting room, and they call your names one at a time. The first ones they call in are offered a position. The rest are told that they will be contacted later on a final decision.

Interview Question – Voluntary question: "Who in this room do you see as your biggest competitor?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – "We would like to offer you a position here at Clearlink starting on (date). What schedule works best for you?"

Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Clearlink in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was really nervous with the phone interview because the interviewer asked a lot of questions but didn't give much feedback as far as how well I did. She said I would be contacted if they wanted to interview me further so I wasn't sure how I did, but afterwords I realized I answered the questions perfectly. Their main goal is to know they you are coachable and trainable and that you would approach sales opportunities as consultation opportunities rather than doing what it takes to get the sale. They want people who really understand that the main component to selling has more to do with connecting with the customer and understanding their needs than selling the customer. If you can answer that you're golden.
The in-person interview was a panel and about 1/3 of the people in the room got hired from what I remember. I think some are in different departments so I don't really know for sure as I don't see everyone all the time and there are 2 different buildings anyway. I think the panel was the most effective interview process because it gave everyone a chance to shine but didn't take much of your day. It also was taken serious enough, but the interviewers were wearing jeans-so the rumors were true- they really didn't care if you dressed casual or not. The people that interviewed me I still see all the time and are some of the people I respect most in the company to this day. They care more if you're dependable (ie on time for your interview, training, shifts, etc.).

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They start everyone out at the same base rate with the same stint raises. Their main point is that you can make as much as you want with the commission structure. That was attractive to me because the better job you do the more money you make and they always have incentives for those who do well, like movie with your team, golfing, skiing, spas dates, free TV's, iPads, etc. Benefits are good and after a year they pay 100%. They value their employees health and have a fitness incentive program.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Clearlink? Contribute to the Community!

Clearlink Videos

Clearlink – Why Work for Us?

At CLEARLINK, we are committed to creating a positive impact on our people, our partners, and the communities in which we do business. We measure success in multiple ways, with our consistently strong bottom-line… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clearlink interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Clearlink employees and interview candidates.