Clearwater Communications

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Clearwater Communications.

Interview Details – I applied for this job in hopes of obtaining a management job out of college. When I was contacted I was told the position paid between 37,000 and 47,00 during the training period. When I arrived for the interview the next day, they told me I would be learning and lots of different aspects of the business and undergo one year of training before becoming a Manager. I was invited back for an all day interview to live the day in the life of an employee so that I would be able to make a more informed decision. Definitely not what I expected. I was out working in the field all day, going from business to business trying to get people to switch their current phone plan to t-mobile. I decided to go another route with my college degree. So really, you are working your way up the company with no management position promised, and the compensation is a little tricky as well. Not 100% honest.

Interview Question – If you could open any business, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I can do better

Interviewed at Clearwater Communications

Interview Details – It was very quick and easy. I applied one day and they called me the next to schedule an initial interview for the following day, and by the end of the interview they invited by back for a second interview.

Interview Question – What would be one word to describe yourself?

It is hard to describe yourself in just one word. But I thought of something quick on the spot. I will think hard of a good word to describe myself for the next time.
  Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearwater Communications in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was called in for a 1 on 1 interview with Stephen. They make the job sound very appealing but in reality it's a multi level marketing scheme. If you don't know what that is you are probably a new grad..so google it and educate yourself. Also please google the company! I didn't do this until after the interview and found some very very very unpleasant things. I was offered a second interview but cancelled because of what I found online about this company and multi level marketing scams.

Interview Question – if you could open up any business what would it be?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't want get accept the low base and spend my days walking from door to door selling phones, with the false hope that in 6 months I would be promoted to manager in a different office. When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Clearwater Communications

Interview Details – I did not go in for the interview because when I called the Human Resources department for scheduling, they did not answer my questions and they would not tell me what the company did. When I asked what products I would be selling she got aggressive with me for asking questions.

Interview Question – What is your sales experience?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clearwater Communications.

Interview Details – I had applied through CareerBuilder for an open position, after applying I was contacted by one of the HR Managers. Over the phone I was given a position description and I set up an initial interview. The first interview was 1:1 and lasted 30 minutes. The secondary and third interview followed.

Interview Question – I came from a teaching background so I did not have experience in sales and marketing or management. Some of the questions asked how I would motivate a team of individuals as a manager, this was new for me to think the answer through.   Answer Question

Aventura, FL

I interviewed at Clearwater Communications in March 2013.

Interview Details – Speaks about the company and there sales goals, and doing sales with business owners but in fact it's walking up and down streets hoping to make contact with a business owner in your route.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job duties are different from what is stated in the job posting and told in the interview.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Clearwater Communications.

Interview Details – I had applied for a position via Careerbuilder. After submitting my resumes through Careerbuilder I was contacted and given some information over the phone. After that I had an appointment for a first interview.

Interview Question – Unexpected question I was asked was- What is the biggest risk I took personal or professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do negotiate if currently employed as well as compensation

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed at Clearwater Communications in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initially after submitting my resume, i was contacted by a woman who scheduled me for a first round interview. When i arrived i was greeted, and seen shortly after for about a 30 minute sit down interview. The questions were unique, not just the standard, "Tell me about yourself..". After the interview, the told me if i was to be asked back for a second interview i would be receiving a call later that day.

When called for the second round interview, i found out that it was a full day shadow of one of their employees to observe the entry level. I enjoyed the face to face interactions i had on the interview, however, i would say the candidate needs to have an outgoing personality for sure- no introverts! I do wish that they had advised me to wear comfortable shoes, my current employer i sit throughout the day, so the activeness throughout the day, while a nice change of pace took a toll on my toes.

Interview Question – If i could open any business, what would it be?
What was my most challenging leadership moment
  Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Clearwater Communications in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through Careerbuilder for a management training position. After my resume was reviewed I interviewed with the firm. I was offered and secondary and third interview. The process was very in-depth and I was able to learn the ins and outs of the firm.

Interview Question – Most questions were based upon my previous leadership experience. I also needed to showcase my communication skills and management ability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, compensation is negotiable.

Account Executive

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Clearwater Communications.

Interview Details – I applied online to an advertisement on my collegiate job board. After submitting my resume I was contacted by one of the HR Managers who asked me a few questions and reviewed the position with me. I then went onto a three part interview process before accepting employment.

Interview Question – How would I motivate a team of individuals and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The firm is open to negotiations and worked with me 1:1.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Clearwater Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Clearwater Communications Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clearwater Communications interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Clearwater Communications employees and interview candidates.