Clearwire

www.clearwire.com

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clearwire in September 2009.

I had only 2 to 3 minutes with the person giving the interview. No follow up whatsoever, not even a rejection letter or email.

Other Interview Reviews for Clearwire

General Manager Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clearwire in February 2010.

Absolutely insane process or lack of process. First was contacted by a recruiter, a 10 minute interview, he really knew nothing about the position, but pushed that I take a phone interview with the hiring manager. He was a nice guy but manic and arrogant. Next we moved on to a face to face interview, for which they required you come prepared with a business plan (nice strategy to get free advice on local markets from desperate candidates). Had a good interview with the guy and then radio silence for a month. I figured another lame informal company that did not follow up with people they did not hire, and let it go. Finally I pinged the hiring manager, and the next day I get an email saying that I was on the short list for the final interview with senior management. One hour later I get an email from the hiring manager saying he was leaving, and that the position was being filled internally.

So I asked HR for an explanation and they say, uhh, well, you know its just crazy, we are growing so fast and recruiting is hard. Long story short, a new regional GM comes on the picture and starts the process all over again, with phone interview. Again the radio silence for 3 weeks. I call, write the hiring manager again nothing. Finally I ping HR and they say, oops they went a different direction, which is fine, I have my own company and we are doing fine.

So if you want inconsistent communication, managers without the fortitude to tell you your not the person, a painful drawn out process, this is definitely the company for you.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you are too old for this position?   View Answer

General Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clearwire in February 2010.

Very long and arduous process. Too many steps, and these people drag their feet as no one can make their own decision.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your team was not selling?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when someone quit and you had no replacement.   Answer Question
    There was none. offer, accept or decline.