Clearwire

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Clearwire in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very nice. The interview took about 30 mins

Interview Question – Questions about testing   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview over the phone, and it took a little over an hour. Basic Java questions (algorithms, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, keywords, data types), as well as some questions about web services, ORM, dependency injection, Linux, and SQL. I was honest about my experience and knowledge, and my interviewer kept his questions in-line with my knowledge boundaries.

The interview was going well, so he told me about the technology stack and goal of the project (what to expect - both good and bad).

Interview Questions

• What command would you use to determine if any Tomcat instances are running on a machine?   View Answer
  • What is the minimum number of tables required to perform a SQL join?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was at the upper end of the range I provided.

For those considering an offer: During and after my tenure there, I witnessed folks who had accepted offers only to discover their contract had been terminated the morning they showed up for work. Some of the salaries were very high. My point: Aim high, but don't commit fully until several butt-in-seat days have passed.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Rosemont, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very Easy job to get they are desperate for people, they asked if you have sales experience, i got interveiwed at a panera bread, they ask for a high quota that seems impossible because the product sucks

Interview Question – Why do you think your the best canidate for this job??   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotations they give you a crap pay of $9.50

RF Engineer - Intern Interview

RF Engineer - Intern
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in May 2010.

Interview Details – The gave me a quiz with multiple questions about fundamentals of wireless communications, RF engineering. After the quiz, I interviewed with a panel of senior engineers and they asked me questions about my experience, what I hoped to get out of the internship and what I could offer to the team. i received the offer two days after the interview.

Interview Question – IQ constellations, smith charts, antenna and EM propagation fundamentals, modulation schemes.   Answer Question

Retention Representative Interview

Retention Representative
Milton, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearwire in August 2010.

Interview Details – Mass job fair type of hiring process. First spoke with hiring manager, did phone test, got call back, interviewed more, offer accepted.

Interview Question – There were not difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Field Sales Representative
Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearwire in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via my profile on linkedin. A phone screen was done. I was sent in for a face to face. The company was in the start up and launch mode. It was madness. I met with a very high energy member of management, had about a 30 minute interview, nad recieved a call the next day from the original recruiter with an offer.

Interview Question – What are you willing to do to come in and make an imact?   Answer Question

Field Engineering Interview

Field Engineering
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview set up by HR and Salary for the position was upfront with a standard hourly rate for all new hires.
The job requirements was previous experience in the support and insatallation of Telco equipment, wireless and wireline. RF and Microwave technologies.

Interview Question – What is a Pico Cell?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard offer for all new hires for the position.

National Retail Account Executive Interview

National Retail Account Executive
Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview and scheduled one as soon as my schedule permitted. The interview was early in the morning and I actually had to wait a bit in the lobby for my interviewer to arrive (about 10 min late). The situation was laid back from the start and that's when I analyzed what kind of tone I needed to use (not too serious). No typical interview questions were asked but I was asked to present a mock situation of selling Clear to a customer in a retail situation (role-play) which was easy for me, and then I told the days I was available for work. My advice would be to bring a copy of your resume and schedule. The rest is cake.

Interview Question – (not really hard but I didnt prepare for) Lets do a role play situation where I am a customer shopping for a computer in Best Buy. What would you say?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not necessarily able to negotiate because my lack of selling experience. The job includes commission however.

Business Systems Data Analyst Interview

Business Systems Data Analyst
Kirkland, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clearwire in August 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a phone screen with HR. The first time he forgot to call me or even contact me to let me know that he wouldn't be able to make it. The second time he said he would call me, he again did not call. Finally, the third time he actually called me. It was a short and quick phone call.

The next interviews were in person with a 1 on 1 with 4 other people. The first two people I interviewed with asked me the usual interview questions. They were friendly, but it didn't seem like their head was in the interview. The third person I met with was a developer/database administrator. He was all over the place, not too friendly, and not clear as to what he was asking. The last person I was suppose to meet was a VP, but apparently they were too busy too meet. I was left in a conference room for about 10-15 minutes while they figured out what to do. They ended up sending me home and told me that I would have a call with the VP. This never happened.

I followed up with HR several times to find out the next steps and when I would have the phone interview with the VP, but they did not respond.

Overall I got a really bad vibe from HR and the people I had interviews with. I'm glad that I did not get a job offer from Clearwire.

Interview Question – Describe your experience with databases?   Answer Question

Oracle Applications Database Administrator Interview

Oracle Applications Database Administrator
Kirkland, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in August 2010.

Interview Details – They called me out to interview. I was interviewed by a manager. He asked a really dumb question about creating table-spaces from a sheet he held.

I gave his a brief description and also presented a number of task I perform for the Oracle applications database position. He had no idea what he was being shown and when he asked me what it is I not like in a job I told him working for a manager the does not know the technical part of the systems. He inquired further and I told him its difficult to work for a manager in IT when they make decisions on direction that make no sense when they should be delegating to one that knows what best in that specific technology
- database - applications - servers - etc.

That was the end of the interview - he did not want to deal with anyone who would present that type of challenge.

Interview Question – how do you create a tablespace   View Answer