Clearwire

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearwire in October 2010.

Applied online. A couple weeks later I received an email invitation to a group interview. Went and they had an informal get to know each other session, followed by a couple of sales pitches, trying to sell them on why they should hire another person at the table and then why they should hire ourselves. Played a puzzle game to see how well we worked as part of a team, then picked a random item from a bucket and gave a sales pitch in private to the recruiters. The following day I got a call to meet with a store manager.

Interview Questions

The company culture wasn't in line with what I was looking for.

Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearwire in September 2010.

it was a job fair at a hotel.. there were lots of people there, some one eventually call you and just ask u a list of questions on a sheet of paper.. the interview is less than 5 minutes and they say will be making a decision tommorrow morning which i know is a lie because they normally offer employment on the spot at a hiring fair

Indirect Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Clearwire in September 2010.

Step 1: A phone interview with the recruiter,
    Step 2: 1:1 interview with the hiring manager, and if all goes well you meet with the director.
    Step 3: Interview with Director

I thought the interview process is well organized and scheduled. I felt the organization was very informal since both manager and director were in jeans and sneakers. I did not feel it was a very professional environment based on the attitudes of the recruiter, manager and director.

Interview Questions

The base pay (45K) is very low for the time commitment that you are asked to work (70 hours, nights + weekends). When the recruiter called me she rushed through the commission and benefits and then got annoyed when I asked questions to understand how the commission worked.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearwire in September 2010.

Interview was pretty standard as far as interviews go. The location was not bad but I got interesting vibes from, they had a training class starting the same day, which when I went looking at the other candidates kind of made me worry a little on what exactly the kind of company I will be working for. The sales end kind of worries me slightly.

Oracle Applications Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearwire in August 2010.

They called me out to interview. I was interviewed by a manager. He asked a really dumb question about creating table-spaces from a sheet he held.

I gave his a brief description and also presented a number of task I perform for the Oracle applications database position. He had no idea what he was being shown and when he asked me what it is I not like in a job I told him working for a manager the does not know the technical part of the systems. He inquired further and I told him its difficult to work for a manager in IT when they make decisions on direction that make no sense when they should be delegating to one that knows what best in that specific technology
    - database - applications - servers - etc.

That was the end of the interview - he did not want to deal with anyone who would present that type of challenge.

Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearwire in August 2010.

Mass job fair type of hiring process. First spoke with hiring manager, did phone test, got call back, interviewed more, offer accepted.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation process.

Field Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearwire in June 2010.

Interview set up by HR and Salary for the position was upfront with a standard hourly rate for all new hires.
    The job requirements was previous experience in the support and insatallation of Telco equipment, wireless and wireline. RF and Microwave technologies.

Interview Questions
    Standard offer for all new hires for the position.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearwire in June 2010.

Three different people interacted for 1 hours each. It was very good experience.They asked the questions related to the processes and real scenarios

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearwire in June 2010.

Went to an open Clearwire Job Fair. Was asked some basic network questions. Why do I want to work for Clearwire? Give example of a problem you solved and the steps you took. Offered job on the spot pending drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for clearwire?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a problem you solved and the steps you took to solve it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearwire in May 2010.

Recruiters seem to be overwhelmed by volume of applicants, took 2-3 days of phone interviews to get in person interview. In person interview took 5 hours, basic questions, yet never did tell me which of 3 positions that I was being considered nor gave me insight to job descriptions.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work between divisions and how do you priorities demands from multiple managers?   Answer Question