Clearwire

2.5

RF Engineer - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearwire in May 2010.

The gave me a quiz with multiple questions about fundamentals of wireless communications, RF engineering. After the quiz, I interviewed with a panel of senior engineers and they asked me questions about my experience, what I hoped to get out of the internship and what I could offer to the team. i received the offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • IQ constellations, smith charts, antenna and EM propagation fundamentals, modulation schemes.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearwire in March 2010.

Brought into a room, where there were about 20 other interviewees, then one at a time went to the front and basically had to sell ourselves.

Interview Questions
    • What tasks do you believe you may be overwhelmed by?   View Answer

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clearwire in February 2010.

I first went into a job fair for military personnel and met with the Interviewer, I expressed how I would love to work at the company and gave them my resume. A week later I received a call from the hiring dept. and had an interview over the phone. After I was sent to do a drug test, and background check and was set an appointment for the 1:1 interview. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clearwire in February 2010.

There was a phone screen, pretty typical, including a manager and a resident specialist. During this part of the interview the specialist took the opportunity to show off his skills. I kept up fine. The onsite interview was really non-technical and VERY poorly planned. The manager in charge of hiring was in a poor mood because of scheduling conflicts and took it out by insulting me and my skill set.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearwire in February 2010.

Very Easy job to get they are desperate for people, they asked if you have sales experience, i got interveiwed at a panera bread, they ask for a high quota that seems impossible because the product sucks

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think your the best canidate for this job??   View Answer
    no negotations they give you a crap pay of $9.50

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clearwire in February 2010.

1. Submitted resume at a job fair and submitted name of referrer.
    2. Received a call to report for interview.
    3. Was interviewed about my desire to work for the company.
    4. Was given an opportunity to listen in on a live call.
    5. Was asked if I could do the job. Was hired on the spot and was told to come back for training.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the company?   View Answer
    No salary negotiation at all.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearwire in January 2010.

I had one interview over the phone, and it took a little over an hour. Basic Java questions (algorithms, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, keywords, data types), as well as some questions about web services, ORM, dependency injection, Linux, and SQL. I was honest about my experience and knowledge, and my interviewer kept his questions in-line with my knowledge boundaries.

The interview was going well, so he told me about the technology stack and goal of the project (what to expect - both good and bad).

Interview Questions
    • What command would you use to determine if any Tomcat instances are running on a machine?   View Answer
    • What is the minimum number of tables required to perform a SQL join?   View Answer
    I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was at the upper end of the range I provided.

For those considering an offer: During and after my tenure there, I witnessed folks who had accepted offers only to discover their contract had been terminated the morning they showed up for work. Some of the salaries were very high. My point: Aim high, but don't commit fully until several butt-in-seat days have passed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Clearwire in January 2010.

Initially it was a walk-in that turned into an interview, the process was pretty typical from a retailer standpoint. Expected experience, sales knowledge was a plus.
    Typical drug test
    First day of employment was approximately 5 days later

Project Manager - Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clearwire in January 2010.

I interviewed with the HR/Recruiter. Always great communication with her and she was very responsive. Interviewed with the hiring manager and a field sales director. Lastly I interviewed with the Executive VP. I didn't end up getting the job but was given great feedback on why they made the decision. (She had certifications and I didnt).

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearwire in December 2009.

I had to go through two interviews; phone and panel. The phone interview was done by a recruiter just to see if it was worthwhile for the actual hiring manager to interview me. After I passed the phone interview I was interviewed by three people. Consisted of general questions such as "Tell us about yourself", "What do you currently do", "Do yo have any experience in this field", etc. The process wasa little disjointed since they seemed extremely busy and distracted. The hiring manager was actually eating lunch during the interview process. I didn't have all the requirements they were looking for. It was nice in the fact I got a call from them the next day indicating I wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • How do you select the microwave sites for the point-to-point radios your company sells and installs?   View Answer