Clearwire

Very Easy Interview

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in June 2010.

Interview Details – Went to an open Clearwire Job Fair. Was asked some basic network questions. Why do I want to work for Clearwire? Give example of a problem you solved and the steps you took. Offered job on the spot pending drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Training Interview

Training
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in October 2009.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me after receiving my application online. Simple phone screening. Unfortunately I didn't have the direct experience they were looking for.

Interview Question – Please describe your experience managing conferences.   Answer Question

Account Services Interview

Account Services
Las Vegas, NV

Interview Details – I received a call from a manager to go in for an interview...They asked questions pertaining to work history and different scenarios. I interviewed with two separate people, and they had me listen to some phone calls to get a feel of the atmosphere...I had to take a drug test. I was given a offer contingent upon my background and drug test results. You have to go through 4 weeks of paid training.

Negotiation Details – I did not have to negotiate I was offered $12 hr plus bonus up to $900 plus money for upselling. The payouts and checks are very nice. They do offer medical dental vision and life. The great part about this is that homosexuals can have their life partners added on to the their benefits...$0.25 brand name soda and water is a plus also!!

Software Development Interview

Software Development
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Clearwire in February 2010.

Interview Details – There was a phone screen, pretty typical, including a manager and a resident specialist. During this part of the interview the specialist took the opportunity to show off his skills. I kept up fine. The onsite interview was really non-technical and VERY poorly planned. The manager in charge of hiring was in a poor mood because of scheduling conflicts and took it out by insulting me and my skill set.

Interview Question – How do you work through distractions?   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

RF Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearwire in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had to go through two interviews; phone and panel. The phone interview was done by a recruiter just to see if it was worthwhile for the actual hiring manager to interview me. After I passed the phone interview I was interviewed by three people. Consisted of general questions such as "Tell us about yourself", "What do you currently do", "Do yo have any experience in this field", etc. The process wasa little disjointed since they seemed extremely busy and distracted. The hiring manager was actually eating lunch during the interview process. I didn't have all the requirements they were looking for. It was nice in the fact I got a call from them the next day indicating I wasn't a good fit.

Interview Question – How do you select the microwave sites for the point-to-point radios your company sells and installs?   View Answer

Deployment Engineer Interview

Deployment Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearwire in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was a different interview process. The 1st telephone interview was with the Regional Manager. After answering a battery of highly technical questions, a 2nd telephone interview was set up with the local manager for the next day. The interview process with the local manager went very well, and I was told that I would be called in for a personal interview in the next 7-10 days when they had a larger pool of candidates. I did a follow up 7 days later with no response from the manager. Three days later I contacted the manager by phone and was told that they decided not to fill the position at this time. The continued to list the job on both their website and national job boards for the following 6 months.

Interview Question – What is your salary requirement?   View Answer

Project Manager - Sales Interview

Project Manager - Sales
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clearwire in January 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the HR/Recruiter. Always great communication with her and she was very responsive. Interviewed with the hiring manager and a field sales director. Lastly I interviewed with the Executive VP. I didn't end up getting the job but was given great feedback on why they made the decision. (She had certifications and I didnt).

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in December 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR rep after several months or applying for every position I was remotely qualified for. The interview was fairly short and pertained to info on my resume and questions pertaining to specific job needs. I had researched this company and found a lot of people complaining about management and how the employees are treated. It's difficult to determine if most were just complainers or valid. Most companies with lots of money and little time to ramp up have problems so nothing new.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem having a dotted line to sales management?   Answer Question
  • Would you have a problem being called into work at 2am if one of the techs couldn't go?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Portland, OR

Interview Details – It was basically a discussion about what type of person you are along with qualitys that you possess and how you would fit with the rest of the teams. Felt more like a group of friends then a professional business. They were just really eager to hire .

Interview Question – Why do you want to make money?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Kirkland, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Clearwire in June 2009.

Interview Details – Staffing agency review of resume
Resume submission and initial background screening
Series of 5 1:1 interviews
Reference check
Offer presented
Offer accepted

Interview Question – What are the greatest challenges, in your experience, facing a company trying to implement a billing system of this complexity in this short a timeframe?   Answer Question