Clearwire Interview Questions

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

Staffing agency review of resume Resume submission and initial background screening Series of 5 1:1 interviews Reference check Offer presented Offer accepted

Interview Questions

• What are the greatest challenges, in your experience, facing a company trying to implement a billing system of this complexity in this short a timeframe?   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearwire (Atlanta, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via my profile on linkedin. A phone screen was done. I was sent in for a face to face. The company was in the start up and launch mode. It was madness. I met with a very high energy member of management, had about a 30 minute interview, nad recieved a call the next day from the original recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are you willing to do to come in and make an imact?   Answer Question

Regional Retail Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, WA) in May 2009.

Interview

Wow, where do I begin? Interview process was horrid, to say the least. I had heard Clearwire was a disorganized and quickly sinking ship, and if the way candidates are interviewed is any indication, this must be true. I had my interview rescheduled 4 times in two weeks. Finally rec'd the panel/final interview and was told by the hiring manager that I would be a great fit for the job. I then get a call from the recruiter that an internal candidate was chosen. This is the 3rd time I have interviewed w/ Clearwire (three diff positions). I will NEVER recommend, do business with or solicit them again. Hiring manager was 60 min late to interview and recruiter asked me "do you really wanna work for this company?" a very unprofessional question if you ask me AVOID CLEARWIRE!

Sales Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Clearwire (Seattle, WA) in April 2009.

Interview

This compnay continues to spin out of control. recruiters are overworked and throw candidates into a pool in hopes that senior mgt will be happy. inside and outside recruiters overlap - no coordination. common to get three different contacts on the same job. Very unclear on job functions, changes daily. Multiple cancelled interviews, poor follow up, etc. In short, their current interview process matches to the comments you'll read from former employees elsewhere on this web site.

Interview Questions

• Ambiguity over future direction - "are you ok with change"?   1 Answer
    • work 7 days a week, everyone is out in the field every day.   1 Answer

Deployment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearwire (Dallas, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

It was a different interview process. The 1st telephone interview was with the Regional Manager. After answering a battery of highly technical questions, a 2nd telephone interview was set up with the local manager for the next day. The interview process with the local manager went very well, and I was told that I would be called in for a personal interview in the next 7-10 days when they had a larger pool of candidates. I did a follow up 7 days later with no response from the manager. Three days later I contacted the manager by phone and was told that they decided not to fill the position at this time. The continued to list the job on both their website and national job boards for the following 6 months.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary requirement?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview. just asked basic java and sql questions

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clearwire.

Interview

The interview was quick but they took forever to get back to me. It was a super generic interview none of the questions were particularly challenging. I would recommend you study up on your basic selling techniques for the interview, but other than that there is no real challenge. The phone interview was just as easy and they basically just ask you career goals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they give a contract and you sign

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Clearwire in August 2010.

Interview

Consisted of three rounds with three different people First person concentrated on coding on whiteboard and testing of the same by providing test cases Second person concentrated on SQL and asked to write SQL query to remove duplicates from table Third person delved more into testing and scenario based questions,Also asked to write c# program on whiteboard and asked to test it by providing test cases

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Clearwire in August 2010.

Interview

The meeting was pretty informal.

Interview Questions

• What about you makes you manager material for our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on anything. Either you take the job as it is, or you don't.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearwire in August 2010.

Interview

Got a phone call from a recruiter who found my resume on Careerbuilder. She went over some basics with me on the phone and asked a few questions on my background. Then she moved forward to setting up a face to face the next day with the market manager. The f2f was easy. A few behavioral questions and a lot of info on the job/company. I got a phone call that evening with an initial offer and the next day we came to an agreement on the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate a higher base salary, higher car allowance, and benefits on the first day. I didn't ask for a ridiculous amount over the original offer, and it was accepted fairly quickly. Never accept an initial offer, there is always room to work.