Clearwire

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearwire in January 2010.

I had one interview over the phone, and it took a little over an hour. Basic Java questions (algorithms, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, keywords, data types), as well as some questions about web services, ORM, dependency injection, Linux, and SQL. I was honest about my experience and knowledge, and my interviewer kept his questions in-line with my knowledge boundaries.

The interview was going well, so he told me about the technology stack and goal of the project (what to expect - both good and bad).

Interview Questions
  • What command would you use to determine if any Tomcat instances are running on a machine?   View Answer
  • What is the minimum number of tables required to perform a SQL join?   View Answer
I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was at the upper end of the range I provided.

For those considering an offer: During and after my tenure there, I witnessed folks who had accepted offers only to discover their contract had been terminated the morning they showed up for work. Some of the salaries were very high. My point: Aim high, but don't commit fully until several butt-in-seat days have passed.