Clearwire Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

2.6

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Clearwire in November 2010.

Round table interview with sr executive team and hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • If you were running a company that produces something and the market was tanking for that product, what would you do?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate a large annual bonus

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Clearwire in April 2012.

The interviewer was very nice. The interview took about 30 mins

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in January 2010.

I had one interview over the phone, and it took a little over an hour. Basic Java questions (algorithms, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, keywords, data types), as well as some questions about web services, ORM, dependency injection, Linux, and SQL. I was honest about my experience and knowledge, and my interviewer kept his questions in-line with my knowledge boundaries.

The interview was going well, so he told me about the technology stack and goal of the project (what to expect - both good and bad).

Interview Questions
    • What command would you use to determine if any Tomcat instances are running on a machine?   View Answer
    • What is the minimum number of tables required to perform a SQL join?   View Answer
    I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was at the upper end of the range I provided.

For those considering an offer: During and after my tenure there, I witnessed folks who had accepted offers only to discover their contract had been terminated the morning they showed up for work. Some of the salaries were very high. My point: Aim high, but don't commit fully until several butt-in-seat days have passed.

Field Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in June 2010.

Interview set up by HR and Salary for the position was upfront with a standard hourly rate for all new hires.
    The job requirements was previous experience in the support and insatallation of Telco equipment, wireless and wireline. RF and Microwave technologies.

Interview Questions
    Standard offer for all new hires for the position.

Business Systems Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clearwire in August 2009.

I first had a phone screen with HR. The first time he forgot to call me or even contact me to let me know that he wouldn't be able to make it. The second time he said he would call me, he again did not call. Finally, the third time he actually called me. It was a short and quick phone call.

The next interviews were in person with a 1 on 1 with 4 other people. The first two people I interviewed with asked me the usual interview questions. They were friendly, but it didn't seem like their head was in the interview. The third person I met with was a developer/database administrator. He was all over the place, not too friendly, and not clear as to what he was asking. The last person I was suppose to meet was a VP, but apparently they were too busy too meet. I was left in a conference room for about 10-15 minutes while they figured out what to do. They ended up sending me home and told me that I would have a call with the VP. This never happened.

I followed up with HR several times to find out the next steps and when I would have the phone interview with the VP, but they did not respond.

Overall I got a really bad vibe from HR and the people I had interviews with. I'm glad that I did not get a job offer from Clearwire.

Oracle Applications Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in August 2010.

They called me out to interview. I was interviewed by a manager. He asked a really dumb question about creating table-spaces from a sheet he held.

I gave his a brief description and also presented a number of task I perform for the Oracle applications database position. He had no idea what he was being shown and when he asked me what it is I not like in a job I told him working for a manager the does not know the technical part of the systems. He inquired further and I told him its difficult to work for a manager in IT when they make decisions on direction that make no sense when they should be delegating to one that knows what best in that specific technology
    - database - applications - servers - etc.

That was the end of the interview - he did not want to deal with anyone who would present that type of challenge.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in June 2010.

Three different people interacted for 1 hours each. It was very good experience.They asked the questions related to the processes and real scenarios

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearwire in May 2010.

Recruiters seem to be overwhelmed by volume of applicants, took 2-3 days of phone interviews to get in person interview. In person interview took 5 hours, basic questions, yet never did tell me which of 3 positions that I was being considered nor gave me insight to job descriptions.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work between divisions and how do you priorities demands from multiple managers?   Answer Question

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in October 2009.

A recruiter contacted me after receiving my application online. Simple phone screening. Unfortunately I didn't have the direct experience they were looking for.

Project Manager - Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clearwire in January 2010.

I interviewed with the HR/Recruiter. Always great communication with her and she was very responsive. Interviewed with the hiring manager and a field sales director. Lastly I interviewed with the Executive VP. I didn't end up getting the job but was given great feedback on why they made the decision. (She had certifications and I didnt).

Interview Questions

Worked for Clearwire? Contribute to the Community!