Clearwire

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clearwire in November 2010.

Interview Details – Round table interview with sr executive team and hiring manager

Interview Question – If you were running a company that produces something and the market was tanking for that product, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate a large annual bonus

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Clearwire in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very nice. The interview took about 30 mins

Interview Question – Questions about testing   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview over the phone, and it took a little over an hour. Basic Java questions (algorithms, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, keywords, data types), as well as some questions about web services, ORM, dependency injection, Linux, and SQL. I was honest about my experience and knowledge, and my interviewer kept his questions in-line with my knowledge boundaries.

The interview was going well, so he told me about the technology stack and goal of the project (what to expect - both good and bad).

Interview Questions

• What command would you use to determine if any Tomcat instances are running on a machine?   View Answer
  • What is the minimum number of tables required to perform a SQL join?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was at the upper end of the range I provided.

For those considering an offer: During and after my tenure there, I witnessed folks who had accepted offers only to discover their contract had been terminated the morning they showed up for work. Some of the salaries were very high. My point: Aim high, but don't commit fully until several butt-in-seat days have passed.

Field Engineering Interview

Field Engineering
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview set up by HR and Salary for the position was upfront with a standard hourly rate for all new hires.
The job requirements was previous experience in the support and insatallation of Telco equipment, wireless and wireline. RF and Microwave technologies.

Interview Question – What is a Pico Cell?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard offer for all new hires for the position.

Business Systems Data Analyst Interview

Business Systems Data Analyst
Kirkland, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clearwire in August 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a phone screen with HR. The first time he forgot to call me or even contact me to let me know that he wouldn't be able to make it. The second time he said he would call me, he again did not call. Finally, the third time he actually called me. It was a short and quick phone call.

The next interviews were in person with a 1 on 1 with 4 other people. The first two people I interviewed with asked me the usual interview questions. They were friendly, but it didn't seem like their head was in the interview. The third person I met with was a developer/database administrator. He was all over the place, not too friendly, and not clear as to what he was asking. The last person I was suppose to meet was a VP, but apparently they were too busy too meet. I was left in a conference room for about 10-15 minutes while they figured out what to do. They ended up sending me home and told me that I would have a call with the VP. This never happened.

I followed up with HR several times to find out the next steps and when I would have the phone interview with the VP, but they did not respond.

Overall I got a really bad vibe from HR and the people I had interviews with. I'm glad that I did not get a job offer from Clearwire.

Interview Question – Describe your experience with databases?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Oracle Applications Database Administrator Interview

Oracle Applications Database Administrator
Kirkland, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in August 2010.

Interview Details – They called me out to interview. I was interviewed by a manager. He asked a really dumb question about creating table-spaces from a sheet he held.

I gave his a brief description and also presented a number of task I perform for the Oracle applications database position. He had no idea what he was being shown and when he asked me what it is I not like in a job I told him working for a manager the does not know the technical part of the systems. He inquired further and I told him its difficult to work for a manager in IT when they make decisions on direction that make no sense when they should be delegating to one that knows what best in that specific technology
- database - applications - servers - etc.

That was the end of the interview - he did not want to deal with anyone who would present that type of challenge.

Interview Question – how do you create a tablespace   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Oracle Database Administrator
Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in June 2010.

Interview Details – Three different people interacted for 1 hours each. It was very good experience.They asked the questions related to the processes and real scenarios

Interview Questions

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearwire in May 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiters seem to be overwhelmed by volume of applicants, took 2-3 days of phone interviews to get in person interview. In person interview took 5 hours, basic questions, yet never did tell me which of 3 positions that I was being considered nor gave me insight to job descriptions.

Interview Question – Can you work between divisions and how do you priorities demands from multiple managers?   Answer Question

Training Interview

Training
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearwire in October 2009.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me after receiving my application online. Simple phone screening. Unfortunately I didn't have the direct experience they were looking for.

Interview Question – Please describe your experience managing conferences.   Answer Question

Project Manager - Sales Interview

Project Manager - Sales
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clearwire in January 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the HR/Recruiter. Always great communication with her and she was very responsive. Interviewed with the hiring manager and a field sales director. Lastly I interviewed with the Executive VP. I didn't end up getting the job but was given great feedback on why they made the decision. (She had certifications and I didnt).

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Clearwire? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clearwire interview questions and advice in Seattle, WA. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Clearwire employees and interview candidates.