Clearwire Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clearwire (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. The interview took about 30 mins

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Round table interview with sr executive team and hiring manager

Interview Questions

• If you were running a company that produces something and the market was tanking for that product, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate a large annual bonus

Oracle Applications Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

They called me out to interview. I was interviewed by a manager. He asked a really dumb question about creating table-spaces from a sheet he held.

I gave his a brief description and also presented a number of task I perform for the Oracle applications database position. He had no idea what he was being shown and when he asked me what it is I not like in a job I told him working for a manager the does not know the technical part of the systems. He inquired further and I told him its difficult to work for a manager in IT when they make decisions on direction that make no sense when they should be delegating to one that knows what best in that specific technology
    - database - applications - servers - etc.

That was the end of the interview - he did not want to deal with anyone who would present that type of challenge.

Interview Questions

• how do you create a tablespace   1 Answer

Field Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview set up by HR and Salary for the position was upfront with a standard hourly rate for all new hires.
    The job requirements was previous experience in the support and insatallation of Telco equipment, wireless and wireline. RF and Microwave technologies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard offer for all new hires for the position.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Clearwire (Bellevue, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Three different people interacted for 1 hours each. It was very good experience.They asked the questions related to the processes and real scenarios

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Recruiters seem to be overwhelmed by volume of applicants, took 2-3 days of phone interviews to get in person interview. In person interview took 5 hours, basic questions, yet never did tell me which of 3 positions that I was being considered nor gave me insight to job descriptions.

Interview Questions

• Can you work between divisions and how do you priorities demands from multiple managers?   Answer Question

Project Manager - Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with the HR/Recruiter. Always great communication with her and she was very responsive. Interviewed with the hiring manager and a field sales director. Lastly I interviewed with the Executive VP. I didn't end up getting the job but was given great feedback on why they made the decision. (She had certifications and I didnt).

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Clearwire (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

I had one interview over the phone, and it took a little over an hour. Basic Java questions (algorithms, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, keywords, data types), as well as some questions about web services, ORM, dependency injection, Linux, and SQL. I was honest about my experience and knowledge, and my interviewer kept his questions in-line with my knowledge boundaries.

The interview was going well, so he told me about the technology stack and goal of the project (what to expect - both good and bad).

Interview Questions

• What command would you use to determine if any Tomcat instances are running on a machine?   1 Answer
    • What is the minimum number of tables required to perform a SQL join?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was at the upper end of the range I provided.

For those considering an offer: During and after my tenure there, I witnessed folks who had accepted offers only to discover their contract had been terminated the morning they showed up for work. Some of the salaries were very high. My point: Aim high, but don't commit fully until several butt-in-seat days have passed.

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Clearwire (Redmond, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me after receiving my application online. Simple phone screening. Unfortunately I didn't have the direct experience they were looking for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

My first "interveiw" was a phone interveiw with the hiring manager after I reached out to her directly. She was very respnsive to my email and we had a good discussion the day she replied to me. The next step was an in-person with her the next day.

It took about a week for her to get back to me becasue she was finalizing her "short list" for the final interviews. I then had 6 in person interviews that took most of the morning.

The interviews were pretty standard stuff with nothing out of the ordinary. I interviewed with fairly high up people and they mostly just seemed to be interested in how I would fit with the company and if I was really interested in the company/role. This may have been becasue the hiring manager was alreay sold on my experience and ability and wanted to get others involved from a culture and fit perspective.

Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired, what would you do during your first week to contribute to the team quickly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good, not great and I tried to negotiate a little but didn't really come from a position of power given that I was unemployed at the time. Plus I'm not good at negotiating offers because I haven't done it very often in my career.