Cleary Gottlieb Litigation Paralegal Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cleary Gottlieb in March 2012.

I attended a paralegal recruiting event at the firm's NYC office. It was the first such event that the firm had coordinated. It consisted of a series of 20 minute interviews, with each person taken through one by one. There were approximately 20 applicants, meaning some people had to wait around until 5 (the process began at 1) to even begin. Luckily, I was one of the first taken through. The first interview was with the two paralegal recruitment coordinaters from HR, both of which asked questions toward my willingness to give my 24/7 focus to the firm - no questions were ever asked about my personality, interests, strengths, etc. The next interview was with two of the current paralegals, who asked me if I had any questions about the position. For the next interview, I was taken to speak with a current associate. However, he either forget about the interview or simply didnt care, and after waiting in a conference room for 30 minutes, the paralegal who escorted me went to get him. He barely said hello. The entire thing was completely unprofessional. Ironically, I found him the most interesting person I had met with all day. The last portion was a language skills test, which consisted on translating a document from French to English. It was not difficult. Upon completion, I was presented with a rainbow slinky, custom printed with the firm's logo on the side. I could not make this up. I was not extended an offer, which is all the same, because I would not have accepted. I recently accepted at an equally prestigious NYC firm that was much more welcoming and professional.

Interview Questions
  • Why C&G? Are you willing to work overtime (be prepared with examples of strong work ethic)? How did [insert colleg or university here] prepare you for the qualifications necessary for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cleary Gottlieb

Litigation Paralegal Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cleary Gottlieb in March 2011.

I sent in a resume and cover letter and received an interview. I was interviewed first by the litigation paralegal supervisor and her assistant, then by a couple of current paralegals, then by an attorney. The whole process took about 2 hours. They didn't contact me about a job until about a month later.

Interview Questions