Clemson University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.5

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Clemson University (Clemson, SC).

Interview

Two interviews via Skype were conducted online, asking about my previous experience, career goals and research interests, and later on I have been inveted to join the professors in a campus visit to know the buildings and offices

Interview Questions

• About my previous experience, research interests, goals   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Clemson University.

Interview

there was friendly talking. nice people. good opportunity. nice lakes and trees surrounding the working place.there was friendly talking. nice people. good opportunity. nice lakes and trees surrounding the working place.there was friendly talking. nice people. good opportunity. nice lakes and trees surrounding the working place.there was friendly talking. nice people. good opportunity. nice lakes and trees surrounding the working place.

Scholarship Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clemson University (Clemson, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to come to campus and interview. I had to prepare a 15-minute presentation on Clemson scholarships and give it to most of the Student Financial Aid staff. I also interviewed with the financial aid selection committee. Then, I interviewed with the director.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about my skills pertaining to the position.   Answer Question

UPIC(Fabrication Specialist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Clemson University (Clemson, SC) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through Clemson's career development department and was offered an interview soon after. The interview itself was set up differently than other interviews I've had. I had three interviewers and they had brought some of the apparatus they were using and asked how I would improve upon the designs and what benefits my design would offer. They also asked about my fabrication experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve these designs? (they brought apparatus they had designed and were using)   1 Answer

Interview

Interviews programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel. Reads previous documentation and design notes, and uses computers. Must have strong communication skills, to include the abilities to: Translate requirements from customer to developer, Translate feedback from superiors.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clemson University.

Interview

Different departments run their own hiring. So, the process varies widely from one dept to another. In some cases, the GTA's are stuck to a certain supervisor, some have the opportunity to move. A phone interview is sometimes taken, sometimes hiring is based on email conversations. A good background in teaching is helpful in getting hired.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Clemson University (Clemson, SC) in February 2014.

Interview

Everyone was very professional and was very organized. I met with all the professors in the department, staff, and students. It was a 1.5 day interview process, starting with breakfast-dinner on day one and breakfast-lunch on day two. I also gave a presentation on my research before lunch on the first day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a statistics question on something I learned during undergrad.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Through email.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Clemson University (Clemson, SC).

Interview

Online application and phone interview as initial screening, face to face interview was not technical

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Most focused on basics of my undergraduate major   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation was permitted

Systems Programmer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Clemson University (Clemson, SC) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very bureaucratic, much like everything is with state agencies. Each department is different but must still adhere to the checks and balances. Sometimes, the people in the room ask you questions that they do not know the answer to, which can be very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between rights and permissions?   Answer Question

Linux Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Clemson University (Central, SC) in May 2013.

Interview

phone first, then on site.

Interview Questions

• no, just simply linux service. if you have rhce, you will be fine   Answer Question