Clemson University

www.clemson.edu

Clemson University Interview Questions

2.4

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interviews programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel. Reads previous documentation and design notes, and uses computers. Must have strong communication skills, to include the abilities to: Translate requirements from customer to developer, Translate feedback from superiors.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clemson University.

Different departments run their own hiring. So, the process varies widely from one dept to another. In some cases, the GTA's are stuck to a certain supervisor, some have the opportunity to move. A phone interview is sometimes taken, sometimes hiring is based on email conversations. A good background in teaching is helpful in getting hired.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Clemson University in February 2014.

Everyone was very professional and was very organized. I met with all the professors in the department, staff, and students. It was a 1.5 day interview process, starting with breakfast-dinner on day one and breakfast-lunch on day two. I also gave a presentation on my research before lunch on the first day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a statistics question on something I learned during undergrad.   Answer Question
    Through email.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Clemson University.

Online application and phone interview as initial screening, face to face interview was not technical

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Most focused on basics of my undergraduate major   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation was permitted

Linux Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Clemson University in May 2013.

phone first, then on site.

Interview Questions
    • no, just simply linux service. if you have rhce, you will be fine   Answer Question

Sergeant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clemson University.

A very informal interview process. Not difficult at all. If you get an interview, you are almost guaranteed a job. The interview process varies according to the person incharge of hiring.
    It involves couple of behavioral and situational questions and as long as you you're not stupid, you'll get the job.

Fixed salary

Graduate Grading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clemson University in December 2012.

Nothing difficult, requires a professors referral, must be doing a thesis

Graduate Web Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clemson University in May 2012.

It was a 3 step hiring process.
    1. A phone interview where i was asked about my experiance with web development and things in my resume.
    2. Was a one on one interview with the manager. Same questions about wed development and
    browser testing.
    3. Sample web application desiging.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

interviewed at Clemson University in September 2010.

This position is provided by the department. So no formal interview is required. Basically, if the department wants to give you financial support based on your performance, you will get the job.

No Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clemson University in January 2010.

I applied for the position and was offered the position without an interview.

None