Cleveland Clinic Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

RN Resident I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brook Park, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brook Park, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in September 2014.

Phone interview is the initial step of the hiring process. After I applied I received an email to schedule a phone interview. They called me on scheduled day and asked me basic questions about my resume. The they asked me general questions that were more behavioral based. Once you pass phone interview they close out the position you applied for and your resume gets put in a resume bank. If any floor is looking to hire your resume gets pulled and they call you for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an ethical dilemma you encountered while taking care of a patient during clinical   View Answer

Account Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Independence, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in June 2014.

Completed online application submitted it with resume and two days later i received a call from a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with me. I completed the phone interview and I am waiting to hear from them for my first in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at your previous employer (s)?
      Name two skills that make you perfect for this position.
      Describe a stressful situation at a previous job and how you handled it.
      Describe a situation in which you turned a bad situation with a customer into a good one.
      Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?
        Answer Question

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

For internal candidates it is an awful and misleading process. There is no follow up and they leave employees in limbo while waiting on the decision.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a stressful or difficult situation at work   View Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in April 2014.

Online app with a personality-type test. Then a phone interview with a recruiter, then in-person panel-style interview with the clinical manager and 3 others. I received an offer the same day as the in-person interview, then some more back and forth with the recruiter on final details. They are very serious about only hiring the best and they *will* make you work for it. Be prepared to jump through a lot of hoops.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. This is the pay rate for the position, take it or leave it.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

have to be able to lift >100 lb. for clinic to hire you

IT Asset Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Technical recruiter performs a telephone interview with standard questions looking to knock you off the list. Next interview was with the hiring manager and 2 departmental staff with very standard questions. Next interviews were with many of the departments you would interface with. There was a breakdown in the number of people who were scheduled versus who actually came to the interview.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in November 2013.

Initially contacted by Human Resources for a phone screening. Made it through to first round where I met with two department managers who were very nice. We talked a lot about projects they had going on and I commented on how my experience and qualifications would fit their projects. We had a very good rapport.
    Made it to the next round, meeting with the department's director. She was friendly, smart and approachable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. I did my homework on the department, their mission, their most recent projects and the employees that work there.   View Answer

Web Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

After the online application, I was invited to meet with the hiring supervisor for a one-on-one interview which gave me a good impression of the job responsibilities. Then I met with the rest of the team who asked more technical questions. It gave me a good overview of the department and a positive impression of the work environment. The interviews lasted approximately 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The team grilled me on detailed database theory issues, which wasn't easy at first but it gave me a good impression of their engagement.   Answer Question

The salary was not competitive enough.

Post Doc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

it was in person interview, I met PI for the project to discuss my research experience and scientific achievements. I was offerered a position at the end of the interview.

Residency Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

A lengthy process for any professional level administrative job or any clinical job. Online pre-testing to tease out personality, management style and attitudes. Must pass the online test to get a further look so take it seriously. Multiple full-day interviews often set-up with very little lead time or preparation time for the interviewee. One on one and group interviews with all the relevant people. Social media -- better have a squeaky clean history if you want a job here. Integrity is the name of the game. Once you are invited for an interview on-site the process may move quickly depending upon how many other candidates are interviewing and where you are in the line-up and then it will slow again before you'll hear news as they check out your references and your background check. It is an intense selection process -- not for the faint of heart or anyone in a hurry. They are discerning and you'll know it by the process! Zero information about salary range or benefits until an offer is made so you go with the flow and then assess the package when you get an offer -- apparently this is the CCF way of doing things. A bit of going with the flow in blind faith that the compensation package will match your expectations and your needs. You'll feel you've earned an offer if you get one! For me the process was long but a good experience. Must pass an employee drug and nicotine screening or your offer will be withdrawn. Don't let all of this scare you -- you want to work for an organization that this particular about who they hire to represent them!

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much what you would expect. No surprises. The online testing was the most surprising because you go into it without a clear idea how intense it is, how lengthy the test really is and that there would be so many seemingly irrelevant questions and timed activities you have to complete. But apparently this must tell them a great deal since it is the first filter for moving forward. I can bet it does separate out candidates since some probably quit or don't take it seriously only to find they do not advance. So, put on your thinking cap but realize you can't study up for this test!   Answer Question
    I did negotiate and they met what I asked. I think I could have negotiated more than I did and probably should have but that was my choice. I did not get some things promised in writing and they failed to honor the verbal commitment of the recruiter and this isn't something that was caught until on the job. Most recruiters will convey urgency but don't rush because you could miss important details if you don't get everything down in writing. Find out about start date (do you need some down time between jobs to move or find housing? Remember, you may not have time once you start your new job), your time off (holiday and additional time and if you come if with a bank of days or earn as you go), when can you take time off and when can you not (do you have to be there for a year?) educational benefits (how long do you have to be there and does it have to be in your current field? is this for a college degree or a course here or there?), will they cover the cost of licensing and give you time away to take your boards, what about annual continuing education (will you have paid time off and funding?), inquire about cost of living increases, evaluations and merit increases,retirement benefits, advancement opportunities in the department or organization, etc, Bottom line best advice is get everything in writing even if they convey that you are inconveniencing them or asking for too much. It is the employer's job to provide these details and to give them in writing, after all they are recruiting you. This will also avoid any and all miscommunications or mistakes on either the candidate's or the employer's part. Just remember to keep your questions about the compensation package general during the interview stage. The big questions and details are for after their offer is on the table, not before. And relax, enjoy the process -- the hard work of getting an offer is over and the ball is in your court.

Worked for Cleveland Clinic? Contribute to the Community!