Cleveland Clinic Interview Questions & Reviews in Cleveland, OH

2.8

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in March 2012.

The pre-hire test that everyone has to complete prior to your resume being passed along was almost impossible (or so it seemed). I received a call for an interview about 2 months after I applied. My second interview was about 2 months after that. The whole process took about 5 months total. Don't get discouraged - it's a long process!

Account Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Independence, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in June 2014.

Completed online application submitted it with resume and two days later i received a call from a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with me. I completed the phone interview and I am waiting to hear from them for my first in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at your previous employer (s)?
      Name two skills that make you perfect for this position.
      Describe a stressful situation at a previous job and how you handled it.
      Describe a situation in which you turned a bad situation with a customer into a good one.
      Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?
        Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in April 2014.

Online app with a personality-type test. Then a phone interview with a recruiter, then in-person panel-style interview with the clinical manager and 3 others. I received an offer the same day as the in-person interview, then some more back and forth with the recruiter on final details. They are very serious about only hiring the best and they *will* make you work for it. Be prepared to jump through a lot of hoops.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. This is the pay rate for the position, take it or leave it.

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

For internal candidates it is an awful and misleading process. There is no follow up and they leave employees in limbo while waiting on the decision.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a stressful or difficult situation at work   View Answer

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in April 2011.

The interview process was updated in 2011 to a recruiter screening and then a computer based problem solving, reasoning skills and multi-tasking test administered by CEB before meeting the hiring manager and team. The panel was the hiring manager initially and then a panel of my future coworkers. The questions were behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions
    • The multi-tasking test was ridiculous where one was tasked with reasoning skills while opening and reading from a mock email system.   Answer Question
    The negotiations were conducted by the hiring manager that had to live within a budget. A low-ball offer that I was able to negotiate a 2% increase on.

Research Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in May 2010.

1 behavior and technical interview with the professor at Lerner Research Institute. The whole process took about 1 hour and I got the offer at the end. It was a summer research position.

OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in April 2013.

The hiring process is incredibly slow and delayed. First you submit the online application which is forward to the HR department. Next you would have a brief phone interview with the HR rep. If you apply for multiple jobs, you do the phone interview for each job even though the questions are similar if not identical. If they think you are qualified for the position you applied for, they forward it to the department supervisor, who states whether or not they want to interview you. If they want you, the HR person sets up an interview. You interview with the department supervisor and then they will tell the HR if they are interested in you or not and what the offer is. (After my interview, the manager emailed HR right away to express interest and they did not contact me for 3 weeks! I ended up emailing her and she had to put a second request for me to be contacted) Then you go back and forth with the HR person on the offer and once you accept your training starts about a week after you get your paperwork and health clearance done at Main Campus.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to describe a few of your flaws, which is always a Catch 22 at an interview. You don't want to tell them how you can be a poor employee, but you don't want to appear as if you can't criticize yourself.   View Answer
    They were able to go up a little, but refused to go higher than what the current employees were making despite the fact that I was way more qualified than the current employees. I had the same years of experience as them (including the time they worked here) and was the only one with a college degree but they would not pay me more than they were paid. I found that disappointing especially because after a few months of being here I was put at the point position and expected to do more.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in February 2010.

I was contacted by email informing me of a graduate program available at the Cleveland Clinic through Case Western Reserve University. I applied to the program. I was then offered to interview with the program. I was given a series of three interviews over the course of a weekend, as well as was introduced to present graduate students within the program, given a brief tour of our facilities, and was briefly taken around Cleveland to experience Cleveland. I was then accepted as one of ten for the incoming class out of thirty-some interviewees. I very quickly got the impression it is an exceedingly professional environment (which has certain downsides, especially when compared to other realms of academic science), where most people were working exceedingly hard and long with relatively little compensation, but that their needs were well-provided for and that this was a top-tier institution to work for.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how I would address certain specific problems in making a transgenic model organism and asked about my technical knowledge regarding how to make such an organism. I was also asked about my future plans, which at the time I was unaware of   View Answer
    There was no negotiation at all. I was either to accept the offer or I could accept an offer with a different program.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in November 2013.

Initially contacted by Human Resources for a phone screening. Made it through to first round where I met with two department managers who were very nice. We talked a lot about projects they had going on and I commented on how my experience and qualifications would fit their projects. We had a very good rapport.
    Made it to the next round, meeting with the department's director. She was friendly, smart and approachable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. I did my homework on the department, their mission, their most recent projects and the employees that work there.   View Answer

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

have to be able to lift >100 lb. for clinic to hire you

Interview Questions

Worked for Cleveland Clinic? Contribute to the Community!