Cleveland Clinic

98 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internist Interview

Internist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Details – Applied on their website and passed the pre-hire assessment. Got the hiring manager's call couple days later and was scheduled an on-site interview. The process went pretty well, no unexpected questions were asked. Got the offer the day.

Interview Question – All common interview questions.   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewing process was lengthy with multiple tiers of management to interview with. Each person I met and interviewed with from human resources to team leaders to directors was nice and willing to answer any questions. There was no feedback on what an applicant could do different to obtain the position. Everyone was just nice and positive so it was very hard to gauge if the interview went as well as it seemed or do the interviewers always treat applicants the same regardless of whether they plan to hire them or not. The shadowing experience is a positive in that it gives an applicant an idea of the work area they are applying for but on the other hand it can be stressful to the applicant being put on the spot in real time action without even being introduced to everyone or knowing where anything is. It is difficult to navigate a patient down a hallway while acting like you know what you are doing when it is the first time you have been down the hallway yourself.

Interview Question – I was asked by two members of the management team how old I was. I did not expect to be asked about my age and felt the questioning should have been directed toward my experience and education. The management team could have easily assessed my age by the background check or made a best guess by my resume.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at Cleveland Clinic

Interview Details – several interviews to get into the clinic; Questions like how did you make you previous employer more organized, How will your previous experience help you in this position, How can you improve this position?

Interview Question – Questions about experiences   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

Interviewed at Cleveland Clinic

Interview Details – Applied online. HR emailed and set up initial phone screening with HR. Put into pool with other new graduates. About two weeks later heard from hiring manager. Phone interview scheduled and completed.

Interview Question – All basic interview questions   Answer Question

Account Representative II Interview

Account Representative II
Independence, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in June 2014.

Interview Details – Completed online application submitted it with resume and two days later i received a call from a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with me. I completed the phone interview and I am waiting to hear from them for my first in-person interview.

Interview Question – What did you do at your previous employer (s)?
Name two skills that make you perfect for this position.
Describe a stressful situation at a previous job and how you handled it.
Describe a situation in which you turned a bad situation with a customer into a good one.
Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?
  Answer Question

Appointment Center Representative Interview

Appointment Center Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Details – The process being with an application and online assessment based on personality and tasks related to the role such as filing order. The next step is a phone interview which behavioral based. The recruiter passed your information to a hiring manager at the site and coordinates an appointment if there is interest. Face to face interview can vary between behavioral and spontaneous. Generally, it consists of two-three people with one notetaker. It is a fairly laid back organization. As with most call centers, there are periods of two many chefs in the kitchen and lack of clarity but overall a decent company to work for. Advancing is challenging as there are not many levels between rep and management. In addition, a four year degree is preferred and draws a lot of competition.

Interview Question – If you were to take an ad out in the paper what three words would you use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, there was small room for negotiation but that can vary. Be prepared to justify an increase with factors such as current pay, experience, and education.

Data Analyst Electronic Health Record Interview

Data Analyst Electronic Health Record

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Details – Interview with HR via telephone was straight forward. Discussed general overview of what IT EHR be doing on a day to day process. Also discuss compensation which is on the lower end for being in IT, exempt, and EHR which is also government funded.

Interview Question – Discussion about compensation....Is it soon to be discussing during an initial phone interview?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate Negotiate NEGOTIATE!

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in April 2014.

Interview Details – Online app with a personality-type test. Then a phone interview with a recruiter, then in-person panel-style interview with the clinical manager and 3 others. I received an offer the same day as the in-person interview, then some more back and forth with the recruiter on final details. They are very serious about only hiring the best and they *will* make you work for it. Be prepared to jump through a lot of hoops.

Interview Question – Typical STAR questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. This is the pay rate for the position, take it or leave it.

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Reimbursement Specialist
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Details – For internal candidates it is an awful and misleading process. There is no follow up and they leave employees in limbo while waiting on the decision.

Interview Question – How do you handle a stressful or difficult situation at work   View Answer

Project Manager II Interview

Project Manager II
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was updated in 2011 to a recruiter screening and then a computer based problem solving, reasoning skills and multi-tasking test administered by CEB before meeting the hiring manager and team. The panel was the hiring manager initially and then a panel of my future coworkers. The questions were behavioral and technical.

Interview Question – The multi-tasking test was ridiculous where one was tasked with reasoning skills while opening and reading from a mock email system.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiations were conducted by the hiring manager that had to live within a budget. A low-ball offer that I was able to negotiate a 2% increase on.

Worked for Cleveland Clinic? Contribute to the Community!