Cleveland Clinic

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.7

Surgical Scheduler Interview

Online application that takes around 30mins. I did not hear from them for over 3 weeks before getting called for an interview. Was hired then but had to wait a month to start.

Clpn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

apparanttly the process has become extremly long and stressful also takes over a month to get hired.must be accepted by phone,then personnel,testing of skill test,mental test and than actualon site physical regarding abilities ,finally drug and backgrond check

Interview Questions
    • unable to discover how the changes affected staffing so negativly   Answer Question

RN Resident I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brook Park, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brook Park, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cleveland Clinic in September 2014.

Phone interview is the initial step of the hiring process. After I applied I received an email to schedule a phone interview. They called me on scheduled day and asked me basic questions about my resume. The they asked me general questions that were more behavioral based. Once you pass phone interview they close out the position you applied for and your resume gets put in a resume bank. If any floor is looking to hire your resume gets pulled and they call you for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an ethical dilemma you encountered while taking care of a patient during clinical   View Answer

Med-Surg Telemetry Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

After being contacted by the nursing recruiter, I was led through the interview process by the nurse manager and several other staff members. I was able to shadow for the position for which I was interested and many of my questions were answered directly by staff.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of a nurse do you want to be?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate

Internist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Applied on their website and passed the pre-hire assessment. Got the hiring manager's call couple days later and was scheduled an on-site interview. The process went pretty well, no unexpected questions were asked. Got the offer the day.

Administrative Assistant Interview

several interviews to get into the clinic; Questions like how did you make you previous employer more organized, How will your previous experience help you in this position, How can you improve this position?

PAS Financial Counselor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in July 2014.

Put in a app through indeed.com got a email to schedule an phone interview 2 weeks later. Once I passed the phone interview the recruiter stated she was sending me a typing test to see if I match requirements for the position which is 35 wpm. I passed the test an she emailed me the next morning letting me know she was forwarding my application to the hiring manager for that department an I should give it 2 weeks before I hear from them if they decide to move forward with a in person interview. I heard back in exactly 6 days had my face to face interview and she told me give HR 2 weeks (I think they just say 2 wks by default) I heard from another recruiter in exactly 1 week and she offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    I didn't chose to negotiate i didnt want to seem rude. the first recruiter actually told me something like 12.79 for the position and I accepted but they ended up offering me 14.80 in the end.

Registered Nurse Interview

Applied online. HR emailed and set up initial phone screening with HR. Put into pool with other new graduates. About two weeks later heard from hiring manager. Phone interview scheduled and completed.

Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

I was an internal transfer, so the process was fairly quick. Applied and about 2 weeks got a phone call for an interview. It was an interview panel of 3 managers. Questions were all pretty basic, mostly behavioral type questions. I heard back 10 days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give a time where you were unclear about an objectives or your duties?   Answer Question
    • What are some skills or qualifications you have that make you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Appointment Center Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

The process being with an application and online assessment based on personality and tasks related to the role such as filing order. The next step is a phone interview which behavioral based. The recruiter passed your information to a hiring manager at the site and coordinates an appointment if there is interest. Face to face interview can vary between behavioral and spontaneous. Generally, it consists of two-three people with one notetaker. It is a fairly laid back organization. As with most call centers, there are periods of two many chefs in the kitchen and lack of clarity but overall a decent company to work for. Advancing is challenging as there are not many levels between rep and management. In addition, a four year degree is preferred and draws a lot of competition.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to take an ad out in the paper what three words would you use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    Yes, there was small room for negotiation but that can vary. Be prepared to justify an increase with factors such as current pay, experience, and education.