Cleveland Clinic

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst I Interview

Systems Analyst I

Interviewed at Cleveland Clinic

Interview Details – Phone and in person interviews.

Interview Question – Just usual interview type questions. Also talk about technical background.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Student Interview

Research Student
Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in May 2010.

Interview Details – 1 behavior and technical interview with the professor at Lerner Research Institute. The whole process took about 1 hour and I got the offer at the end. It was a summer research position.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

IT Internship Interview

IT Internship

I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in October 2013.

Interview Details – Internship fair - interviewing with several companies. We were all scheduled to meet with different companies at different times, not typical career fair. Then companies gave us feedback on our interview skills. Most comfortable interview of the day. Great HR person - discussed resume and work experiences.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time... STAR questions.   Answer Question

OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview

OFFICE SPECIALIST
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is incredibly slow and delayed. First you submit the online application which is forward to the HR department. Next you would have a brief phone interview with the HR rep. If you apply for multiple jobs, you do the phone interview for each job even though the questions are similar if not identical. If they think you are qualified for the position you applied for, they forward it to the department supervisor, who states whether or not they want to interview you. If they want you, the HR person sets up an interview. You interview with the department supervisor and then they will tell the HR if they are interested in you or not and what the offer is. (After my interview, the manager emailed HR right away to express interest and they did not contact me for 3 weeks! I ended up emailing her and she had to put a second request for me to be contacted) Then you go back and forth with the HR person on the offer and once you accept your training starts about a week after you get your paperwork and health clearance done at Main Campus.

Interview Question – They want you to describe a few of your flaws, which is always a Catch 22 at an interview. You don't want to tell them how you can be a poor employee, but you don't want to appear as if you can't criticize yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were able to go up a little, but refused to go higher than what the current employees were making despite the fact that I was way more qualified than the current employees. I had the same years of experience as them (including the time they worked here) and was the only one with a college degree but they would not pay me more than they were paid. I found that disappointing especially because after a few months of being here I was put at the point position and expected to do more.

Very Easy Interview

Hemodialysis Technician Interview

Hemodialysis Technician

I applied online and interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Details – very detailed very professional on time with interview staff was very nice latest and up to date equipment

Interview Question – no question I found to be diffuicult   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email informing me of a graduate program available at the Cleveland Clinic through Case Western Reserve University. I applied to the program. I was then offered to interview with the program. I was given a series of three interviews over the course of a weekend, as well as was introduced to present graduate students within the program, given a brief tour of our facilities, and was briefly taken around Cleveland to experience Cleveland. I was then accepted as one of ten for the incoming class out of thirty-some interviewees. I very quickly got the impression it is an exceedingly professional environment (which has certain downsides, especially when compared to other realms of academic science), where most people were working exceedingly hard and long with relatively little compensation, but that their needs were well-provided for and that this was a top-tier institution to work for.

Interview Question – I was asked about how I would address certain specific problems in making a transgenic model organism and asked about my technical knowledge regarding how to make such an organism. I was also asked about my future plans, which at the time I was unaware of   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at all. I was either to accept the offer or I could accept an offer with a different program.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by Human Resources for a phone screening. Made it through to first round where I met with two department managers who were very nice. We talked a lot about projects they had going on and I commented on how my experience and qualifications would fit their projects. We had a very good rapport.
Made it to the next round, meeting with the department's director. She was friendly, smart and approachable.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. I did my homework on the department, their mission, their most recent projects and the employees that work there.   View Answer

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in August 2013.

Interview Details – The on line application usually has test with it depending on your job type there could be more then one. Phone interview was a behavioral type. You are then put in a active application file and HR can pull you for 6 months. If pulled for a position then you have a face to face interview with department manager.

Interview Question – Asked typical behavioral type questions, be ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did ask for a higher salary, they came back a week later and said no.

Physician Assistant Interview

Physician Assistant

Interview Details – have to be able to lift >100 lb. for clinic to hire you

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Quality Improvement Interview

Quality Improvement

I applied online and interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Details – You look for job postings online & fill out an online application. There are online tests you need to take based on the position you apply for. All employees must take the culture screening test to see if you would be a good fit for the organization & I believe if you aren't a fit your process stops at that point..HR doesn't release any info forward regarding candidates that don't fit the initial cultural screening. There can be other online tests re the exact position such as multitasking, story problems, etc. Next step was a phone interview with HR, followed by face to face interviews with a variety of people from the dept I would work in. the interviews were open, pleasant, respectful, & personable.

Interview Question – A lot of the questions were behavioral based questions "tell me about a time when you.."   Answer Question