Cleveland Clinic

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.7

PAS Financial Counselor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in July 2014.

Put in a app through indeed.com got a email to schedule an phone interview 2 weeks later. Once I passed the phone interview the recruiter stated she was sending me a typing test to see if I match requirements for the position which is 35 wpm. I passed the test an she emailed me the next morning letting me know she was forwarding my application to the hiring manager for that department an I should give it 2 weeks before I hear from them if they decide to move forward with a in person interview. I heard back in exactly 6 days had my face to face interview and she told me give HR 2 weeks (I think they just say 2 wks by default) I heard from another recruiter in exactly 1 week and she offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    I didn't chose to negotiate i didnt want to seem rude. the first recruiter actually told me something like 12.79 for the position and I accepted but they ended up offering me 14.80 in the end.

Registered Nurse Interview

Applied online. HR emailed and set up initial phone screening with HR. Put into pool with other new graduates. About two weeks later heard from hiring manager. Phone interview scheduled and completed.

Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

I was an internal transfer, so the process was fairly quick. Applied and about 2 weeks got a phone call for an interview. It was an interview panel of 3 managers. Questions were all pretty basic, mostly behavioral type questions. I heard back 10 days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give a time where you were unclear about an objectives or your duties?   Answer Question
    • What are some skills or qualifications you have that make you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Appointment Center Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

The process being with an application and online assessment based on personality and tasks related to the role such as filing order. The next step is a phone interview which behavioral based. The recruiter passed your information to a hiring manager at the site and coordinates an appointment if there is interest. Face to face interview can vary between behavioral and spontaneous. Generally, it consists of two-three people with one notetaker. It is a fairly laid back organization. As with most call centers, there are periods of two many chefs in the kitchen and lack of clarity but overall a decent company to work for. Advancing is challenging as there are not many levels between rep and management. In addition, a four year degree is preferred and draws a lot of competition.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to take an ad out in the paper what three words would you use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    Yes, there was small room for negotiation but that can vary. Be prepared to justify an increase with factors such as current pay, experience, and education.

Account Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cleveland Clinic in June 2014.

Completed online application submitted it with resume and two days later i received a call from a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with me. I completed the phone interview and I am waiting to hear from them for my first in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at your previous employer (s)?
      Name two skills that make you perfect for this position.
      Describe a stressful situation at a previous job and how you handled it.
      Describe a situation in which you turned a bad situation with a customer into a good one.
      Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?
        Answer Question

Data Analyst Electronic Health Record Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview with HR via telephone was straight forward. Discussed general overview of what IT EHR be doing on a day to day process. Also discuss compensation which is on the lower end for being in IT, exempt, and EHR which is also government funded.

Interview Questions
    • Discussion about compensation....Is it soon to be discussing during an initial phone interview?   View Answer
    Negotiate Negotiate NEGOTIATE!

Medical Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cleveland Clinic in May 2014.

Interviewing process was lengthy with multiple tiers of management to interview with. Each person I met and interviewed with from human resources to team leaders to directors was nice and willing to answer any questions. There was no feedback on what an applicant could do different to obtain the position. Everyone was just nice and positive so it was very hard to gauge if the interview went as well as it seemed or do the interviewers always treat applicants the same regardless of whether they plan to hire them or not. The shadowing experience is a positive in that it gives an applicant an idea of the work area they are applying for but on the other hand it can be stressful to the applicant being put on the spot in real time action without even being introduced to everyone or knowing where anything is. It is difficult to navigate a patient down a hallway while acting like you know what you are doing when it is the first time you have been down the hallway yourself.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked by two members of the management team how old I was. I did not expect to be asked about my age and felt the questioning should have been directed toward my experience and education. The management team could have easily assessed my age by the background check or made a best guess by my resume.   View Answer

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

For internal candidates it is an awful and misleading process. There is no follow up and they leave employees in limbo while waiting on the decision.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a stressful or difficult situation at work   View Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cleveland Clinic in April 2014.

Online app with a personality-type test. Then a phone interview with a recruiter, then in-person panel-style interview with the clinical manager and 3 others. I received an offer the same day as the in-person interview, then some more back and forth with the recruiter on final details. They are very serious about only hiring the best and they *will* make you work for it. Be prepared to jump through a lot of hoops.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. This is the pay rate for the position, take it or leave it.

Systems Analyst I Interview

Phone and in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Just usual interview type questions. Also talk about technical background.   Answer Question