Cleveland Clinic Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The in person interviews are cool and all, but the online requirements are brutally tedious. I am considering writing a complaint telling how much it pained me to do the tasks. Not hard, but demeaningly annoying.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in May 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter over the phone and then was connected with the nurse manager of the unit. Since I was out of state, I spoke with the nurse manager over the phone. After I shadowed on the unit I was then hired.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beechwood, Stark, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Beechwood, Stark, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went in phases. Step one watch videos and explanation of Cleveland clinic and RN internship program. Step two group interview it was one on one but you're sitting next to a bunch of others interviewing, from there they fit you with your best choice of hospital and area of interest. You set up an interview with the manager of that location and a shadow experience. My favorite part was the shadow experience. This seems like a fantastic company and great place to continue learning as a new RN.

Interview Questions

• A time a made a difference and went above and beyond for a patient   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got an email within a day or two to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter called me on time and I was asked questions about how I handled different situations. From there, I got a call maybe a week or so later to interview with a nurse manager. I shadowed on the floor with a PCNA for a little while and then met with the manager. She mostly talked to me about work expectations. The only question she asked me was, "How do you handle stress?" I was told after the interview that she would be offering me a position. I got my call for HR within a few days of my interview. Overall, the process was lengthy, but not difficult. Once you get an offer, you have to do a physical, drug test, and orientation. You are paid for your time at orientation, which is great.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral/scenario questions. One was along the lines of "Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation." Another had to deal with patient care and how I went above and beyond for someone.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

I applied online and later that day I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was set up for 2 days later. At the end of the phone interview I was offered 3 face to face interview options. I scheduled 2 interviews for the following week. Face to face interview was casual and more of an overview of the position and floor. Followed an employee around for 20 min. Was offered and accepted position 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Name one situation from your previous work experience or clinical experience where you went above and beyond for a patient or customer.   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email regarding setting up an initial phone interview literally the next day. Phone interview lasted roughly 30-40 min and consisted of some basic behavioral questions and some background information regarding the position. Next step was an in person interview. Was interviewed by two supervisors. The questions were very basic behavioral questions once again. Shortly after the first interview the hiring manager also interviewed me and asked more personality based questions like "What one trait could you bring to the workplace that may not be currently present?" One week later received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you made a decision too quickly and there was a negative outcome. What happened and how did you fix the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Customer Service Billing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

Received email to schedule phone interview. After phone interview was advised that I would receive either phone call or email. Received email invite for face to face interview. After face to face interview received offer by phone within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Customer Service related questions and how you would be able to show compassion to the patients.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

Was interview at a hiring event, about 100+ people in the building at the time. Sat with a HR rep, went over my initial application, then proceeded to schedule multiple interviews with several hiring managers at the hospitals I was interested in. About a week later interviewed with floor managers.

Interview Questions

• name one time you dealt with a difficult patient or family.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by phone a week later.Very friendly.Asked to come in for an interview 2 days later,gave me time to prepare.Office was very nice,all of he staff were very friendly.I sat and spoke with the head nurse and the person who originally contacted me.It felt more like a normal conversation with friends,than a nerve racking interview.Was shown around the office and then all of us went and spoke with the Dr. I would be working with.Overall experience and process was very good.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just discussed how the office worked and I explained in more detail my past experience.Did I feel comfortable working in certain situations? How would I handle certain types of patients?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Haven't negotiated anything yet

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

took about 2 weeks, phone interview first then 2:1 a notetake and employee itself. Showed me around the office and had me shadow other employees and what they would be doing.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions. just a thorough on your background   Answer Question