Cleveland Clinic

88 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Programmer Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Details – After the online application, I was invited to meet with the hiring supervisor for a one-on-one interview which gave me a good impression of the job responsibilities. Then I met with the rest of the team who asked more technical questions. It gave me a good overview of the department and a positive impression of the work environment. The interviews lasted approximately 2 hours.

Interview Question – The team grilled me on detailed database theory issues, which wasn't easy at first but it gave me a good impression of their engagement.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was not competitive enough.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Details – Professional, friendly, welcoming, and met many members of management

Interview Question – I don't recall having any questions that were unexpected.   Answer Question

Post Doc Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Details – it was in person interview, I met PI for the project to discuss my research experience and scientific achievements. I was offerered a position at the end of the interview.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Details – Internal hire, still had to apply through the online application site just like everyone else. employee of three years, have established relationships with many others who have since moved to various places in the hospital which is helpful to learning about places for new opportunites to work before applying.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in May 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, very nice people. A few questions that they thought were tricky, but I did not over-sell myself on my resume. I expanded on the software used, and provided suggestions to improve workflow. This seemed to impress the immediate supervisor and his boss.

Interview Question – None - all pretty standard   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After the interview the job type changed - it felt like bait and switch

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in February 2010.

Interview Details – Was pretty simple. I met with the head of the department and then with work leaders of the department.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Your standard questions: personality, experiences, and how you would handle situations. They are really big on patient satisfaction.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in June 2013.

Interview Details – Everybody was very nice during the interviews. I had to do two interviews through the phone and one personally with the hiring manager. It took one month until all the bureaucracy was completed and I could start to work.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are the best for this position?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was an overseas applicant and my prospective PI knew my then-PI. After seeing my CV and knowing that my then-PI trusted me highly, I was asked for a skype interview in 2 days. I was offered the position in another couple of days.

Interview Question – I was asked mostly about my doctoral work, my thoughts regarding the work being done in the new lab, and my overarching research goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered $40,000 initially but negotiated it up to $ 43,000 based on my educational and work experience and current pay.

Staff Nuclear Technologist Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview for initial pre screen.. I was asked many questions just like a face to face interview. I was asked 3 different ways my salary requirements. Tried not to give a number but manager got pretty upset until I gave an actual figure. This probably did not get my interview off to a good start. She started off with a laughable low hourly rate. I pleasantly stated that it was a low offer but I was willing to wait and see what the entire benefits package would be. She came back and wanted to know what amount I was looking for. I told her I researched the position on the Cleveland Clinic website which actually posts average salaries. I told her the posted amounts are acceptable. Then she said, I don't think you understand the question...how much are you looking for...and seemed pretty aggressive at this point. She went on to ask questions about my resume and history but it never felt friendly.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you went above And beyond for a patient? What are your 2 best qualities? What would you do if you were inconvenienced with your schedule and how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Scientist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Details – that was long time ago so i cannot remember just want to sigh in

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question