Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cleveland Clinic
- Registered Nurse (6)
- PAS Financial Counselor (4)
- Patient Service Representative (3)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (3)
- Appointment Center Representative (3)
- Staff RN (3)
- Account Representative (3)
- Account Representative II (3)
- Administrative Assistant (3)
- Scientist (3)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Pcna (2)
- Manager (2)
- Medical Assistant (2)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2)
- Research Technician (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Administrative Coordinator III/Contracts Administrator (1)
- Resident Physician (1)
- Nurse (1)
- Project Coordinator (1)
- Quality Improvement (1)
- Certified Nurse Assistant (1)
- Child Care (1)
- Cardiopulmonary Manager (1)
- Process Improvement Analyst (1)
- Program Coordinator (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Program Manager III (1)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (1)
Patient Service Representative Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in March 2015.
Applied online and received an email regarding setting up an initial phone interview literally the next day. Phone interview lasted roughly 30-40 min and consisted of some basic behavioral questions and some background information regarding the position.
Next step was an in person interview. Was interviewed by two supervisors. The questions were very basic behavioral questions once again. Shortly after the first interview the hiring manager also interviewed me and asked more personality based questions like "What one trait could you bring to the workplace that may not be currently present?"
One week later received a call with an offer.
- Give an example of a time that you made a decision too quickly and there was a negative outcome. What happened and how did you fix the issue? Answer Question
There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.
Other Interview Reviews for Cleveland Clinic
Patient Service Representative InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Madison, OH).
Filled out the application from indeed.com received an email about setting up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes then received a phone call to set up a face to face interview. Face to face was with 2 people, seemed positive. Told me I would hear within the week. I was never contacted either way just left in the air. Not very professional to me.
Patient Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Twinsburg, OH) in October 2011.
It took forever. It was one thing a week cuz I had to call 4 different people to set things up and it was dragging out