Cleveland Clinic

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Improvement Analyst Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR representative for the basic, "is this the right candidate for us", type of interview. There were some behavioral questions, questions about my salary requirements, and questions about my work history and gaps. I passed the HR screen, and was given the opportunity to come down to the office to meet with two members of the group: the hiring manager, and a potential Sr. co-worker. Both interviews were very laid back and it felt more like a personality test and team building experience than a true rigorous "what can you do for me today?" type of interview. I left on good terms but never heard back. I followed up several times with the HR representative whom I was supposed to contact but never heard back. Finally I gave up and instead of asking about the job, I asked whether the hiring manager would ever vouch for me for another position within the company. This is when it got interesting! The hiring manager tells me he didn't know why I didn't get the job because I was their "top choice", but he was notified that my salary requirements were too high. I told him that I didn't have any dead-set requirements and that I used the range that pay grade (14 or 16, I believe) compensated employees. I may have required $50K, but they were looking for $48. If that were the case, I'm sure they could have negotiated with me. I told him this and told him that $48 would not be a deal-breaker. He tried to contact HR to give the job to me, but after a long snafu of back and forth emails and cross-checking, it ended with him basically back-pedaling saying how it's not his choice but that he couldn't hire me (and even THAT was through interpretation, not actual words!). So my experience with Cleveland Clinic has been strange, to say the least!

Interview Question – What are your salary requirements for this position?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cleveland Clinic

Worked for Cleveland Clinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cleveland Clinic Process Improvement Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cleveland Clinic employees and interview candidates.