Clever Devices

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Clever Devices in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very quick. The first step is to talk to HR and they helped find a good fit position. Then you are contacted by the manager who has the open req. It was about a 1 hour telephone interview. If the in person interview goes well then an in person half day interview is planned with about 4 different people.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had a problem with a customer and how did yo resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Durham, NC

I applied online and interviewed at Clever Devices.

Interview Details – Was told I was ideal candidate all along and interview went great. Nice people but was turned down due to rethinking the position on their end. I feel this shows poor organizational and strategy skills as a job should be assessed and planned before an ad is posted listing requirements.

Interview Question – Is this commuting distance form where you live. A prospective employer should know a person would not apply unless they could get there. I have been turned down for commute time before. This should not be a factor. Also was asked what salary I wanted. This may cause you to undersell your talents or price yourself out of the running.   View Answer

Proposal Writer Interview

Plainview, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Clever Devices in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview as grueling as I interviewed with five people the same day. It is was that I did not have to make another trip, but was very tiring. After the interview it took them over three months to hire me which was long and I had given up hope by that time.

Interview Question – What technical background do you have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate the salary since I was made bonus eligible, but was able to get three weeks vacation instead of just two.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Woodbury, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Clever Devices.

Interview Details – HR contacted me via Linkedin. Had two phone interviews with HR, one phone interview with VP and then a full day of interviews with 7 different people.

There weren't many technical questions. It felt like a conversation, I was trying to find out more about the company and they were trying to find out about my background.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just explained my past engineering projects.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – They offered more than I was expecting regarding salary but had to negotiate for more vacation weeks.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interviewed at Clever Devices

Interview Details – Hired internally, through adoption of duties.

Interview Question – What are you doing to make this company money?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for lateral movement.

Engineer Interview

Plainview, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clever Devices.

Interview Details – 30 min phone interview with director
group interview a week later
job offer few days later

Interview Question – no hard questions they were all behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation

Senior Researcher Interview

Plainview, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clever Devices in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted by CD's HR representative, who arranged an interview with the VP of Engineering, the VP of Software Quality Control and the Sr. Hardware Designer. Over the course of two days, they asked me to solve in a very general way a few of their difficult engineering problems. They were impressed with my Physics background and analytic skills enough that they created a specific position for me, Sr. Researcher. During a followup interview, I brought a sample of an embedded system I had designed.

I made a point of asking at least twice what other projects I would be working on after coming up with their requested out-of-the-box solutions. Their response was that there would always be projects. This turned out not to be true.

Interview Question – How would I locate a stationary object over 300m to within 2m.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got the salary I requested. I would tell others that they should consider only listed positions and refuse any specifically created ones.

Manager Interview

Manager
Plainview, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Clever Devices in January 2010.

Interview Details – Round robin of interviews after initial phone interview.

Interview Question – Whats your greatest challenge yet to achieve?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Clever Devices.

Interview Details – Came in and met with the team and executive team. Interview was professional and better than I expected.

Interview Question – The long interviews were difficult, but gave me a sense of who the company was.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Clever Devices? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clever Devices interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Clever Devices employees and interview candidates.