Clever Devices Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.8

Service Tech Interview

Interview

First step phone hen face to face the they will email you an offer letter it takes about 2 weeks then they will train you on there products. Then after they will give you truck and tools need for the job.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clever Devices (Durham, NC).

Interview

Was told I was ideal candidate all along and interview went great. Nice people but was turned down due to rethinking the position on their end. I feel this shows poor organizational and strategy skills as a job should be assessed and planned before an ad is posted listing requirements.

Interview Questions

• Is this commuting distance form where you live. A prospective employer should know a person would not apply unless they could get there. I have been turned down for commute time before. This should not be a factor. Also was asked what salary I wanted. This may cause you to undersell your talents or price yourself out of the running.   2 Answers

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clever Devices (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

HR contacted me via Linkedin. Had two phone interviews with HR, one phone interview with VP and then a full day of interviews with 7 different people. There weren't many technical questions. It felt like a conversation, I was trying to find out more about the company and they were trying to find out about my background.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just explained my past engineering projects.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They offered more than I was expecting regarding salary but had to negotiate for more vacation weeks.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

Hired internally, through adoption of duties.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing to make this company money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for lateral movement.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clever Devices (Plainview, NY).

Interview

30 min phone interview with director group interview a week later job offer few days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no room for negotiation

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clever Devices (Plainview, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I was originally contacted by CD's HR representative, who arranged an interview with the VP of Engineering, the VP of Software Quality Control and the Sr. Hardware Designer. Over the course of two days, they asked me to solve in a very general way a few of their difficult engineering problems. They were impressed with my Physics background and analytic skills enough that they created a specific position for me, Sr. Researcher. During a followup interview, I brought a sample of an embedded system I had designed. I made a point of asking at least twice what other projects I would be working on after coming up with their requested out-of-the-box solutions. Their response was that there would always be projects. This turned out not to be true.

Interview Questions

• How would I locate a stationary object over 300m to within 2m.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the salary I requested. I would tell others that they should consider only listed positions and refuse any specifically created ones.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clever Devices (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a lengthy questionnaire, which took many hours to complete. The interview was conducted via phone, and the director was rather rude. The first question she asked was if I was comfortable with traveling over 40% of the time. I told her I was not, and asked her where in the job post it mentioned travel. Needless to say, that was the extent of the conversation. Be careful of companies who are not transparent and waste peoples' time.

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Clever Devices (Plainview, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview as grueling as I interviewed with five people the same day. It is was that I did not have to make another trip, but was very tiring. After the interview it took them over three months to hire me which was long and I had given up hope by that time.

Interview Questions

• What technical background do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate the salary since I was made bonus eligible, but was able to get three weeks vacation instead of just two.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clever Devices in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. The first step is to talk to HR and they helped find a good fit position. Then you are contacted by the manager who has the open req. It was about a 1 hour telephone interview. If the in person interview goes well then an in person half day interview is planned with about 4 different people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a problem with a customer and how did yo resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clever Devices (Plainview, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Round robin of interviews after initial phone interview.