Clever Devices

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Researcher Interview

Senior Researcher
Plainview, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clever Devices in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted by CD's HR representative, who arranged an interview with the VP of Engineering, the VP of Software Quality Control and the Sr. Hardware Designer. Over the course of two days, they asked me to solve in a very general way a few of their difficult engineering problems. They were impressed with my Physics background and analytic skills enough that they created a specific position for me, Sr. Researcher. During a followup interview, I brought a sample of an embedded system I had designed.

I made a point of asking at least twice what other projects I would be working on after coming up with their requested out-of-the-box solutions. Their response was that there would always be projects. This turned out not to be true.

Interview Question – How would I locate a stationary object over 300m to within 2m.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got the salary I requested. I would tell others that they should consider only listed positions and refuse any specifically created ones.

Worked for Clever Devices? Contribute to the Community!