ClickSoftware Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2014

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ClickSoftware (Burlington, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

it was very nice interview, great people, the interview included basic professional questions and questions regard the personality. in addition, it included more problem solving tests.

Interview Questions

• all the questions were absolutely relevant and expected.   Answer Question

AE/AM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ClickSoftware (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

2 face to face interviews and one telephone interview. Elevator pitch, presentation on product and presentation on a previous contract you have closed. First face to face was two personnel, second was the presentation piece with panel of three and finally telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Around their products - expectation you would have detailed knowledge of products.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just offered after interviews.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ClickSoftware (Burlington, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

Was told I would be interviewing with HR as round 1, then would proceed from there. Day of interview, received phone call that HR person I was scheduled with was sick and could I move it out a day with a different person. I agreed.

Day of interview, received call on my cell, by which I had told recruiter to call land line, so called back on home office number. She proceeded to tell me about the company, the products and customers. I interjected and stated "for an HR person, you are very knowledgeable in these areas!" by which she replied, "I'm the hiring manager..."

Had a GREAT dialog, conversation went both ways, she was very interested in my past success and felt I would be of value add within the organization. We actually went over the allotted hour but due to good conversation.

At the end of the interview, I asked if she felt I would be a good fit and she replied yes, your background on certain area's would be most helpful as we are lacking in them. She asked if I had any additional questions by which I stated no, however could I email her later if I had any additional questions and she said yes and even offered up my her cell phone number and told me who I would be speaking with next...

Called the recruiter later that day and he simply said, "they felt you were not a fit..." End of conversation Totally off from what I thought.

Technical Consultant, Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at ClickSoftware (Burlington, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied for a position, heard back from the external recruiter a day or so later. I was an unintuitive fit, but I have an interesting background, so she decided to call me. After speaking with her, the company invited me in for an in-person interview which consisted of conversations with several people (behavioral and Q&A stuff), and three programming-related skills tests.

All of these questions could be done in any language, but they preferred C-style languages. I did them all in C#, which is their language of choice (and mine).

1) Write a class that returns a list of n, non-repeating, random lottery numbers with values between x and y

In this particular instance, I had five minutes, and was literally constrained by how fast I could write by hand. The Director of the group criticized that I used an infinite loop to do this (while (true) with a break condition) which was like the end of the world or something. Given that I had *no* time to think about it, and just had to start writing immediately, I didn't think this was a fair criticism, because I certainly wouldn't do that in a production environment (or even in my own code); I just needed to get something written. He also told me in no uncertain terms that recursion should never be used in production code. (wtf)

Anyway, we discussed the drawbacks of my approach (brute force), and we/I spent 10 minutes discussing it and refactoring it on a whiteboard to have better performance characteristics. Overall, I wasn't terribly enthused about this question and the circumstances under which it was presented.

2) Write a function that reverses an integer number without converting to strings or characters.

I didn't get it completely right, but I was on the right track. I don't know if this counted against me or not. I later went home and wrote working code that happens to be quite pretty.

3) I can't remember the specifics of the third, but it had to do with creating a human-readable XML stylesheet that would be used in conjunction with XPath in some way.

I didn't get an offer, and the feedback was that while everyone really liked me, but they felt my technical skills weren't quite up to where they needed them to be. Maybe that's fair, maybe not. The feedback was too generic to be useful, but that was the recruiter's fault, not the CKSW people. I also knew going in that I would be at a disadvantage because I am not a CS person or software engineer; I'm simply a hobbyist and relative newb. That being said, all those things accounted for, I acquitted myself well, and the experience was positive overall. Everyone I met was very nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• Write a class that returns a list of n, non-repeating, random lottery numbers with values between x and y   1 Answer
    • Write a function that reverses an integer number without converting to strings or characters   1 Answer
    • I can't remember the specifics of the third, but it had to do with creating a human-readable XML stylesheet that would be used in conjunction with XPath in some way   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ClickSoftware (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

The 3rd party recruiter found me. The recruiter was a bit scattered, but effective and open. After that filter, I was given a go for the interview. The process was a bit slow because it's an international company (based in Israel) and they were short-handed at the top (people traveling from country to country).

The staff were open and down to earth. The company has won several awards and has them on display in the front room. Arrive early, take note of the awards and read the company marketing material on hand near the receptionist. You won't find either on the website.

I was given a post-interview "homework assignment" with the possibility of some consulting work dangled in front of me. They received a unique product that would have taken the staff a considerable amount of research to create, I received a terrific review for the recruiter, but no job offer.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a project for which you have performed business process analysis.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ClickSoftware (Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

First interview involved 30mins logical test and HR interview. Second interview was a 2 hour test that had nothing to do with the job but another logical test. I was then supposed to have a video conference interview with managers from Israel but the video conference failed to work. Had to come in third time to conduct an interview with the Israeli H.O but yet again neither the video conference or Skype were working at Israel! Hardly call this a cutting edge company! Had to have a telephone conference at the end. It was highly embarrassing although the HR manager was polite and profoundly apologised.
    Never received any feedback about my third interview although it is not the fault of the company but the recruitment agency !

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressfull situation and how you overcome it?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at ClickSoftware (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

4 rounds.
    1st based on some electornic diagram(having some antena or display system), two question were there asking about testing. then interviewer will disscus about it with you.
    2nd round 8 more detailed question regarding same diagram and then interviewer will discuss them with you also.
    3rd round was technical some basic question about your previous experience. and some basic about server and all stuff.
    4 round would be with another HR who will ask you about salaries and formal questions

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ClickSoftware (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

There were 3 interviews, 2 being over the phone and final one in the office. First was line manager and peer, second was VP of Marketing and final one was a presentation to a board of senior executives and peers.

Interview Questions

• Final interview asked for a presentation of a marketing strategy for the company, with a set budget. It is very difficult to stand in front of VPs, directors and managers, in a room with around 8 - 10 people and present about something you know little and are making up assumptions, when they know a lot about it. At the same time, it shows the company has a deep respect for candidates by taking time away from so many key people in the organisation to watch a candidate applying for a non-management position   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received an offer above my asking, just a few hours after final interview. HR was outstanding in following up with me and even through the process, they were very responsive and considerate.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ClickSoftware (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

1)Simple Aptitude test
    2)Logic flowchart of ATM process
     2a) Interview expelling your flowchart
    3)Puzzle
    4)HR interview

Interview Questions

• Your expected Salary and why   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Interview

The Hiring process took about 5 meetings and about 20 hours of tests and iterviews