ClickSoftware Interview Questions & Reviews

16 interviews

AE/AM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at ClickSoftware in September 2012.

2 face to face interviews and one telephone interview. Elevator pitch, presentation on product and presentation on a previous contract you have closed. First face to face was two personnel, second was the presentation piece with panel of three and finally telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Around their products - expectation you would have detailed knowledge of products.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Just offered after interviews.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ClickSoftware in July 2013.

it was very nice interview, great people, the interview included basic professional questions and questions regard the personality. in addition, it included more problem solving tests.

Interview Questions
    • all the questions were absolutely relevant and expected.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ClickSoftware in November 2011.

Was told I would be interviewing with HR as round 1, then would proceed from there. Day of interview, received phone call that HR person I was scheduled with was sick and could I move it out a day with a different person. I agreed.

Day of interview, received call on my cell, by which I had told recruiter to call land line, so called back on home office number. She proceeded to tell me about the company, the products and customers. I interjected and stated "for an HR person, you are very knowledgeable in these areas!" by which she replied, "I'm the hiring manager..."

Had a GREAT dialog, conversation went both ways, she was very interested in my past success and felt I would be of value add within the organization. We actually went over the allotted hour but due to good conversation.

At the end of the interview, I asked if she felt I would be a good fit and she replied yes, your background on certain area's would be most helpful as we are lacking in them. She asked if I had any additional questions by which I stated no, however could I email her later if I had any additional questions and she said yes and even offered up my her cell phone number and told me who I would be speaking with next...

Called the recruiter later that day and he simply said, "they felt you were not a fit..." End of conversation Totally off from what I thought.

Technical Consultant, Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at ClickSoftware in April 2011.

Applied for a position, heard back from the external recruiter a day or so later. I was an unintuitive fit, but I have an interesting background, so she decided to call me. After speaking with her, the company invited me in for an in-person interview which consisted of conversations with several people (behavioral and Q&A stuff), and three programming-related skills tests.

All of these questions could be done in any language, but they preferred C-style languages. I did them all in C#, which is their language of choice (and mine).

1) Write a class that returns a list of n, non-repeating, random lottery numbers with values between x and y

In this particular instance, I had five minutes, and was literally constrained by how fast I could write by hand. The Director of the group criticized that I used an infinite loop to do this (while (true) with a break condition) which was like the end of the world or something. Given that I had *no* time to think about it, and just had to start writing immediately, I didn't think this was a fair criticism, because I certainly wouldn't do that in a production environment (or even in my own code); I just needed to get something written. He also told me in no uncertain terms that recursion should never be used in production code. (wtf)

Anyway, we discussed the drawbacks of my approach (brute force), and we/I spent 10 minutes discussing it and refactoring it on a whiteboard to have better performance characteristics. Overall, I wasn't terribly enthused about this question and the circumstances under which it was presented.

2) Write a function that reverses an integer number without converting to strings or characters.

I didn't get it completely right, but I was on the right track. I don't know if this counted against me or not. I later went home and wrote working code that happens to be quite pretty.

3) I can't remember the specifics of the third, but it had to do with creating a human-readable XML stylesheet that would be used in conjunction with XPath in some way.

I didn't get an offer, and the feedback was that while everyone really liked me, but they felt my technical skills weren't quite up to where they needed them to be. Maybe that's fair, maybe not. The feedback was too generic to be useful, but that was the recruiter's fault, not the CKSW people. I also knew going in that I would be at a disadvantage because I am not a CS person or software engineer; I'm simply a hobbyist and relative newb. That being said, all those things accounted for, I acquitted myself well, and the experience was positive overall. Everyone I met was very nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • Write a class that returns a list of n, non-repeating, random lottery numbers with values between x and y   View Answer
    • Write a function that reverses an integer number without converting to strings or characters   View Answer
    • I can't remember the specifics of the third, but it had to do with creating a human-readable XML stylesheet that would be used in conjunction with XPath in some way   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ClickSoftware in June 2010.

The 3rd party recruiter found me. The recruiter was a bit scattered, but effective and open. After that filter, I was given a go for the interview. The process was a bit slow because it's an international company (based in Israel) and they were short-handed at the top (people traveling from country to country).

The staff were open and down to earth. The company has won several awards and has them on display in the front room. Arrive early, take note of the awards and read the company marketing material on hand near the receptionist. You won't find either on the website.

I was given a post-interview "homework assignment" with the possibility of some consulting work dangled in front of me. They received a unique product that would have taken the staff a considerable amount of research to create, I received a terrific review for the recruiter, but no job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a project for which you have performed business process analysis.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at ClickSoftware in March 2014.

4 rounds.
    1st based on some electornic diagram(having some antena or display system), two question were there asking about testing. then interviewer will disscus about it with you.
    2nd round 8 more detailed question regarding same diagram and then interviewer will discuss them with you also.
    3rd round was technical some basic question about your previous experience. and some basic about server and all stuff.
    4 round would be with another HR who will ask you about salaries and formal questions

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ClickSoftware.

There were 3 interviews, 2 being over the phone and final one in the office. First was line manager and peer, second was VP of Marketing and final one was a presentation to a board of senior executives and peers.

Interview Questions
    • Final interview asked for a presentation of a marketing strategy for the company, with a set budget. It is very difficult to stand in front of VPs, directors and managers, in a room with around 8 - 10 people and present about something you know little and are making up assumptions, when they know a lot about it. At the same time, it shows the company has a deep respect for candidates by taking time away from so many key people in the organisation to watch a candidate applying for a non-management position   Answer Question
    I received an offer above my asking, just a few hours after final interview. HR was outstanding in following up with me and even through the process, they were very responsive and considerate.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at ClickSoftware in May 2013.

1)Simple Aptitude test
    2)Logic flowchart of ATM process
     2a) Interview expelling your flowchart
    3)Puzzle
    4)HR interview

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ClickSoftware in January 2010.

it took a month..in three stages..
    1st stage..
    it includes 5rounds..first was aptitute round...it was very easy round..paper was of 40questions...and cut off was 20..it mostly contains english questions..RC,jumble sentecnes..few logical questions..
    second round was written technical paper where you have to write flowcharts of a program..it was easy round..it was nt elimiminating..bcz in next round(3rd round) technical interview..interviewer gonna ask you the flowchart and will ask about your projects and code for that flowchart..
    4th round was a puzzle round where 9enginneer and you need to schedule them..this puzzle is posted by another person in glassdoor..so check it..
    5th round was hr round which was a formality..this process took a day..

i got a call..that you have passed the ist stage..
    i have to give a logical test..which was basically a test case study and i have to make test cases..they wont check the wriiten pattern..they would only ask for the logic behind the test cases..and their was 2papers. ..and score was made of both the papers..

i again got a call for next stage..
    it was a video confrerning round where i need to talk to my tech lead ..it was video videoconferencing round..it was basic intro..

Interview Questions
    • they gonna ask how to optimize the puzzle and why have you done like this..it is logical process..so please use brain..   Answer Question
    their was no negotiations..i got a call and was told about the salary..

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ClickSoftware in May 2008.

Direct applicant or through referral.
    3 stage interview:
    1 technical interview (all the technical requirement test)
    2 non technical (presentation of any topic - to understand their skill delivering workshop and understanding whether the person has the attitude or not).
    3 final stage normally with HR

Interview Questions

Worked for ClickSoftware? Contribute to the Community!