Clifton Gunderson

Very Easy Interview

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate
Peoria, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clifton Gunderson.

Interview Details – The recruiter found my resume on Monster and then gave me a call. She asked me a few background questions and then set up an office interview for the following week. The in office interview was very simple and was mainly for them to get a feel for who I was as a person. I interviewed with 3 people and then receive an offer the following week.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions in the interview. The firm is very focused on finding people who have connections to the Peoria area and wish to stay in the area after graduation.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Clifton Gunderson in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very professional

Interview Question – none, very straightforward   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clifton Gunderson in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview first. Then brought in for face to face. Tool a personality test. Was hired.

Work culture is very much, "Every man for himself"

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Clifton Gunderson in December 2008.

Interview Details – There was a screening interview on the phone by HR. The HR got back to me pretty quickly and tried to set up an on-site interview. At the interview, a group of three people, including a partner asked a bunch relevant and specific questions regarding my past work experience. Not intense, but you need to know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions

Tax Internship Interview

Tax Internship

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clifton Gunderson in November 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume via their website. It took 60 days from start to finish from the time I sent my resume to accepting their offer. It took 45 days before I had heard from HR that they were interested. I had a basic phone interview with them and explained my work history and a little bit about me. Within 2 weeks of that, I had a meeting set up to come to the office for a 1 on 1 interview with HR and a Partner. In less than a week from that I had received an offer and accepted. Once HR contacted me, it was a very pleasant and fast process.

Interview Question – Why did you choose accounting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I felt fortunate to have had the opportunity to interview with them and did not negotiate. I accepted right away.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Clifton Gunderson in October 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted firm through career services. I was accepted for an on-campus interview. There was a greeter in the waiting room for the interviews. It is a good plan to talk with this person. I interviewed on-campus with a Senior Manager. I was called a week later to schedule an office interview. The office visit/interview was a little over 4 hours including lunch with an associate. It started with all the applicants in one room with an introduction by HR and a partner. Then, 3 one-on-one interviews with a Manager, Partner, and Senior Manager. It was mostly behavioral questions with a little side chatter. Then a panel discussion with all applicants and employees (don't be the person who doesn't ask a single question). After that, the lunch one-on-one with an associate. I was contacted two days later with an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you overcame a difficult situation (related to anything).   Answer Question

Associate

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Clifton Gunderson in January 2011.

Interview Details – Started out by talking to an HR representative. Then got an interview set up in their office. I interviewed with two people, a manager and a senior manager. It took about an hour. They asked about my grade point average, activities I did in school, my plans on getting my CPA. Overall, it seemed the interview process went ok.

Interview Question – How would I go about auditing cash?   View Answer

Associate

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clifton Gunderson in August 2008.

Interview Details – Initial interaction was the direct result of an employee recommendation. Process was relatively informal. Consisted of separate interviews with a senior manager and 2 partners. The first individual was the partner. It was very relaxed and felt like the individual was just trying to get to know me. The next interview was also with a partner. This one was a little more detailed. Questions like why I wanted to work for the firm, how I could contribute, and what set me apart from everyone else were the basic items covered. The last was with a senior manager. This was pretty much just explaining the basic duties and how life would be throughout the firm. It was almost as if this was the person to sell the firm.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from every other applicant?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Clifton Gunderson in November 2008.

Interview Details – There were 3 seperate interviews, two with Senior Managers and one with a partner. They were about thirty to forty-five minutes each. They asked similar questions, so the interviews felt fairly repetitive. After the three interviews, I met with the HR representative, and then I went to lunch with a couple of senior associates. It took about two weeks for them to get back to me with an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were a leader.   Answer Question

Worked for Clifton Gunderson? Contribute to the Community!