CliftonLarsonAllen

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assurance Senior Associate Interview

Assurance Senior Associate
Lutherville Timonium, MD

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen in June 2014.

Interview Details – I had submitted my online application for an entry-level position years ago, so I was familiar with their web site. When a senior audit position popped up in my area, I applied. CLA has a major problem with their web site: you cannot delete old resumes or attachments.

To avoid confusion, I e-mailed my resume to the Timonium office's recruiter directly. He got back to me within 1 day to set up a phone interview. We had a phone interview 3 business days later where he asked basic questions about my experience, my current compensation, and my citizenship (for security clearance reasons).

I had an interview set up with two audit partners for the next week very soon. The interview only spent a minute on soft behavioral questions. Then we jumped straight into technical issues. The whole talk lasted one hour.

The partners explained how CLA's career structure is unique. In the first 5 years, employees declare themselves as A) Managers B) Engagement Director or C) future Alumni

The Managers are just like any other large public accounting firm. You're expected to start marketing CLA and you will have a chance to make partner someday.

The Engagement Directors focus entirely on doing the work and signing off on engagements. They are not punished for a lack of sales success, but they have an understanding that they cannot get promoted any further.

The future Alumni expect to leave public accounting, so the firm tries to give them relevant experience for the industry side.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I ultimately went with a tier 2 national firm because of access to publicly-traded clients. If I didn't get that offer, I would have definitely taken this job offer. Not that I'm demanding more, but CLA took 15 days total to do the full application/offer cycle. The other firm took 6. So yes, the timing played a small part in my decision.

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the Regional / Office Principal, along with a Principal from their Financial Institutions industry. There were no "stunners". They wanted to know my status on obtaining my CPA license, and whether I was planning on getting my 150. They also asked where I saw myself in five years.

Interview Question – Honestly, there was not one. Most of the interview was just us talking about life, work, family, etc.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen.

Interview Details – At least three CPA's interview with detailed questions on abilities, and how you handle stress. The interview process is maybe an hour and a half and most of the questions are pretty basic,

Interview Question – What is your history with analysis?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen in November 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process seemed very consistent with other large accounting firms. I was interviewed during my senior year of college, on campus, and the second interview was held at the CLA (then LarsonAllen) office in Minneapolis. The on-site interview consisted of 4 15-20 minute interviews performed by principals in different industry groups, and was followed by lunch with a senior auditor. Because the job was entry-level, most of the process was fairly casual, and no real structured interview questions were asked.

Interview Question – Do you prefer to work independently or as part of a team?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus first round interview followed by an office visit. Heard back within two weeks.

First round interview was with a partner (they call them "Principals") and a senior associate. Heard back within a few days, did my office visit which had three interviews and a few presentations. Overall a good experience

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen

Interview Details – Campus interview and then office invitation for two more interviews.

Interview Question – All typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen in October 2013.

Interview Details – Welcome presentation, office tour, niche market orientation, lunch with a couple of employees, and two 30 minute interviews.

Interview Question – They didn't ask any "behavioral" questions. They just asked obvious questions such as "why did you decided to pursue your career in accounting?" "why did you choose audit over tax?", "what do you know about our company?", etc.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen in October 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited through on-campus career services in MN, went through on-campus interview and voiced my desire to work out of state. Was contacted a week later by my desired location asking when I would be in the area for an interview. Timed it out to attend one of their interview "open houses." They were looking to add about 20 people in this location due to growth, so I was with about 15 others. It was a 9AM-2PM day consisting of: two half-hour interviews with partners, an hour presentation on the firm/office tour, then lunch and a Q&A session with Partners and First-Year Associates. Received my offer three business days later. Great experience - definitely helped make my decision easy.

Interview Question – One interviewer was more about the conversation, the other had actual "tell me about a time..." questions. It was difficult to transition.   View Answer

Interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen

Interview Details – 1 hour informal lunch with a manager, good for questions and getting a feel for the firm. 4 individual 30 minute interviews that were more discussion oriented than purely "interview" questions. Met with both partners and managers from different division of the firm.

Interview Question – Why do you like us specifically.   Answer Question

Enterprise Marketing Manager Interview

Enterprise Marketing Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication came via the phone with HR rep. The next was an in person interview lasting an hour each. The Marketing Operations Director, Chief Marketing Officer and one Enterprise Marketing Manager met with my individually.

Interview Question – Because of the structure of their business, they are interested in how many different industries that I worked with and how I obtained clients from those industries.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CliftonLarsonAllen

Worked for CliftonLarsonAllen? Contribute to the Community!