CliftonLarsonAllen Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen.

Interview

Lots of good questions are asked. The firm asks you questions about your self your job history and so on. You get to interview with several different people in the office.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen in May 2015.

Interview

I met interviewed with 3 partners on 2 different days. Very friendly and professional interview. They focused on good team environment and career development. I was impressed with how much management values their team members and focus on career development

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with two principals, a kind of good cop bad cop interview technique. I was impressed by the culture, the idea of choosing career paths within a CPA firm which is uncommon. For the most part you spend 3 years at a CPA firm and leave if you don't make Management/Partner. They have a different philosophy and we spent the bulk of the interview discussing this and career advancement opportunities, specifically longevity,

Interview Questions

• If you have a difficult client how would you obtain need information?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied via internet after having a job alert delivered to my email. The email link directed me to the company website where I completed the job application. I received a call and scheduled a time to have a phone interview with HR first, then scheduled a call with the Principal of my department, then a third phone interview with another Principal, and then a face to face with the first Principal. Some questions about me, some about my current role and experience, some questions about previous roles, and questions about what I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're passionate about?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I felt that their offer was reasonable and even more than the minimum of my range, therefore I accepted without attempting to negotiate. I felt like I could have (i.e. they would've considered), but since I was satisfied and they could clearly see that, I didn't want to be greedy.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Met with two Clifton employees separately. After a few minutes of getting to know each other the interviewer asked me some routine questions and then asked more specifically about my work experiences and goals. The second interviewer was much more personable. We spent more time talking about what we had in common and, as far as my work experience, my familiarity with SAS and other computer programs like Excel and how I felt about making presentations in front of groups and interacting with customers. I told her about my experience as a waiter but I didn't think this impressed her.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of when you hear the expression "creative accounting"   1 Answer

Outsourcing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen in November 2014.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiting, then a phone screen by hiring manager, then onsite interview w hiring manager and a separate interview w hr manager. Overall took 6 weeks which was over the holidays and 2 more weeks to onboard after verbal offer

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, background, situational questions. How would I lead, what is first thing I would do in job, how could you bring past experiences to new role   Answer Question

IT Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen.

Interview

the interview process was very pleasant and interesting. The interviewer will ask you both behavioral questions that look for integrity and value of human being as well as technical questions about your experience. The interviewers were kind and really know what they're doing and the company definitely knows their business.

Interview Questions

• were you ever in a situation where you had to speak up about something that you felt really uncomfortable about?   Answer Question

SALT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview and in-person interview. The phone interview was basic questions about resume. Afterwards I received an email to come in for interview. At interview I thought it went well and would hear back soon. They did not contact me for over a month only to tell me I did not get the job when I asked myself. It was not a good experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen (Quincy, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with a campus recruiter on campus before being asked to come in for an in-office interview. Went in to the office to interview about 3 weeks later. Toured the office and interviewed with 3 managers / partners and went out to lunch with some of the staff level employees.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather lead a presentation or be in networking situation?   Answer Question

Spring Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CliftonLarsonAllen in September 2014.

Interview

First interview was on campus. I received notice that they wanted me to come in for a second interview the day after my first interview. Second interviews were in their office. 4 back to back interviews, and then lunch with an associate. The whole process is extremely organized and efficient. They do an excellent job of recruiting, which gives you a favorable impression of the firm.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard questions. They asked a lot of questions about handling stress.   Answer Question