Clinical Pathology Laboratories

Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.0

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Clinical Pathology Laboratories in September 2014.

Applied Online. Took 2 weeks to get an interview. They explained to me what the position entailed. They asked very few questions. The interview was very short. They were polite but they seemed like they were new to this and that they didn't want to be doing this. The only real negative is that they told me they would get back to me in a few days. I have yet to hear from them. When I tried to email them, they did not respond. I later found a new posting of the position.

Molecular Technologist Interview

They sent me an email first to ask if I will be interested in for a quick phone interview. When I said yes, he offered me a time for the phone call. I said okay, and he confirmed my email which was really nice and professional. The other day I got the call at the exact hour we talked. He started by introducing the company and himself. Then he started asking questions to me about my resume and my experience. He was really kind and understanding. There was no mind games, it was pretty honest and fun conversation actually. It took 45 minutes. I had the chance to ask questions at the end and he explained what will be next. The interview was pretty positive, I definitely wait for another call for one to one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Even it was my first job interview in my entire life, I wasn't tricked by the questions. They were pretty simple like, what did you do in your thesis, did you ever work for a company before, are you good at working in teams, why you are interested in this position and such.   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clinical Pathology Laboratories.

I applied via CPL's website. A week later was called in for an interview. The interview was pleasant and asked typical job related questions. The specifics of the position were discussed and I had to take a drug test, background check and have blood work within 72 hours but no offer has yet to be made.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult but there were numerous ones in which they were trying to see how in depth my experiences have been.   View Answer

Account Sales/Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clinical Pathology Laboratories.

2 Interviews, one with the regional manager, one with the VP

Interview Questions
    • I was very prepared, nothing really caught me off guard.   Answer Question
    Email, and a phone call. The compensation is very good, and once i understood it there was no need for further negotiation.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Clinical Pathology Laboratories in March 2014.

The Phlebotomy Supervisor Natasha Armstrong was extremely relevant and instantly made me feel comfortable during the interviewing process. It honestly was such an upbeat but proffessional interview it was as if i was talking to some one ive known. She was straight forward but great. Just make sure you come prepared.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the most unexpected question was when she asked me to draw her blood.   View Answer

Driver/Courier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Clinical Pathology Laboratories.

all job postings & inquiries are on-line and finalized through Austin

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clinical Pathology Laboratories in February 2013.

Called after applying, and had an interview set up. Talked to department supervisor and her assistant. We spoke for a while about my personality and my skills, and what would be required in the job. Was offered the job a couple days later and needed to have a TB test and drug analysis ASAP.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly pretty straight forward. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hard stuff. Most original interview question: what kind of music do you listen to?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation with 0 experience. Given the corporate nature of this company I doubt there'd be much negotiation at all.

Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clinical Pathology Laboratories.

Interview process was quick. Manager was just looking to replace a lost employee as quickly as possible. There were no in depth questions asked but that could be due to the fact that the position offered was entry level and didn't required any prior experience.

Hiring was standard. Background check, drug test and immunization shots for hepatitis were administered (if not up to date).

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for my position. Job is paid hourly.

Interface Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clinical Pathology Laboratories in January 2010.

Interview consisted of a thirty minute one on one interview with the hiring manager followed by a 10 minute meeting with the director of IT. The hiring manager's questions were focused around very basic technical aspects of HL7 formatting and questions regarding experience with EMR to Laboratory interfaces. Not much focus on the clinical or technical aspects. The director level interview was strictly negotiation and personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name an occurrence where you had to troubleshoot an interface while managing customer expectations and vendor issues.   View Answer
    Negotiation at the time was directly with the Director of IT, has changed to being HR managed.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clinical Pathology Laboratories in January 2010.

Phone interview was followed by a 1:1 interview with my supervisor. This was my first job out of college, so I didn't know any better than to accept the first offer, which I discover now was a pitiful hourly rate.