Clinique

Relevance Date Difficulty

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Clinique.

Interview Details – I had an interview with two people, the manager at Macy's and the counter manager. The Macy's manager didn't appear to have that many questions. Almost all questions were sale oriented. There were a couple of questions that were work environment oriented but still sales oriented. For example "if one of your co-workers wasn't making her monthly quota, would you approach her? How would you approach her?" I was told that I made it to the next process of the interview portion, which was the TalentPlus portion, however I never received a call from TalentPlus and when I inquired about it to Macy's/Clinique they brushed me off.

Interview Question – The counter manager pulled out a pen and said "if this pen was a Clinique chubby stick how would you sell it to me?"   View Answer

Clinique Consultant Part-time Interview

Clinique Consultant Part-time
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clinique.

Interview Details – I applied through the Macy's website and was emailed about a week later to set up the first interview. I met with one of the Managers and he asked me some questions off what looked like just a basic interview sheet. And of course asked why I chose Clinique. This interview lasted only about 10 minutes. A few days later I got a call that the next step would be to interview with the Counter Manager. I met her at the actual Clinique counter and from there we went over to the cafe where she asked me some more basic interview questions. She asked me a lot of sales related questions because at the end of the day this is a sales job. Then she took me back to the counter where she introduced me to some of the girls, and she did a mock consultation on me and then I did one on her. This whole interview probably took about an hour because if someone came up to the counter she would obviously need to give her attention to them. It was a very cool interview because you actually get to see how it works right at the actual counter. Its easy to envision the job that way. Before I left she explained that the next part would be the phone interview for Talent Plus which is when Estee Lauder actually calls you. I received a phone call to set this up a few days later. I was really worried about this part because I had researched it online and it had a lot of people upset because this is the part that actually passes or fails you. The call took about 30 minutes and she got in a lot of questions. First they ask you about your past job experiences, what you enjoyed most about your past jobs, and why you want to work for Clinique. Then she went into a serious of yes or no questions, and if you answer "yes" then she would say "now give me an example of that". Some of the questions that threw me off were "What is something that you feel so passionately about that you would be willing to stand up for it publicly?", "Give an example of your loyalty", "What is your idea of the perfect customer?", "Give an example of a time that you changed someones mind", "How many hours a week do you usually spend working?".

Interview Question – The Talent Plus interview was a different experience. I had researched some of the typical questions and had some sample answers laid out in front me of, but the woman went through them so fast I didn't have any time to even look down I just went off the top of my head.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Clinique.

Interview Details – I first went to a career fair and was interviewed there one on one. (I also applied online prior) A few hours later I received an email from one of the locations. The email attached had a few preliminary questions, very generalized. I then interviewed the next day with the business manager. The day after that I interviewed with the cosmetics director of the store I applied to. Then I was given the Talent phone interview which I was told to be myself, yet sells driven.

Interview Question – Are you more hungrier than your friends for to achieve your goals? (I'm not sure exact wording)
Are you loyal? (Describe a time)
Are you more business or customer service oriented?
Describe a time you had a sales goal to reach and you reach the goal?
  Answer Question

Regional Education Executive Interview

Regional Education Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clinique.

Interview Details – Interview process is long. I interviewed with four people before I was hired. The Talent Plus interview is used to determine your strengths and then you must interview with who you will be directly working under, then their boss, then New York. Training is amazing. It last 4-6 weeks. They set you up for success.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a supervisor that you had difficulty working with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered base salary and bonus. I was not able to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Easton, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Clinique.

Interview Details – Several interviews with both Clinique representatives and the department store in which it was located. Phone interview with Clinique, in person interview for department store. In person interview with counter manager. In person interview with clinique representative.

Interview Question – All questions were mostly basic and easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was limited due to my age and experience.

Cosmetic Cosltnt Interview

Cosmetic Cosltnt
North Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Clinique in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two personal interviews one talent plus interview and one von maur district manager interview. Applied online on a Saturday. Got called back later same day. Had first interview the following monday as well as 2nd interview. Both were in person. Had talent plus interview on tues and another phone interview few hours later. Couple hours later that day I was called back and offered the position.

Interview Question – What is a a right or something you would be willing to stand up for.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clinique in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through email after seeing a post on Craiglist on Tuesday. Was contacted 2 hrs later by the Clinique Account Executive. She told me to apply through Macysjobs and that she would forward my information to them so they can pull my application. On Thursday I was called at noon to go for an interview at 2pm. I couldn't believe the short notice but I went. I interviewed with the Macys hiring manager, Clinique counter manager and Sales director all at the same time. Interview lasted about 30min and I was offered the position on the spot. Unfortunately because I'm applying during the holidays season the position is considered temporary and I will get minimum wage. But once I become permanent in February the hr rate will increase and will also get commission. Later that afternoon I got a call to schedule the Talent + interview which is a phone interview. I scheduled it for that same night. Phone interview lasted 30mins. It was very strict to asking and responding. No emotion whatsoever and she could not elaborate on the questions only repeat them.I start training Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are more money hungry than your friends?   View Answer
  • Are you loyal? Give an example of how you are loyal? Are you honest? How loyal? How honest? on a scale of 1 to 10 how honest?   View Answer
  • If one of your coworkers is giving away free products what would you do?   View Answer
  • Are you more sales or service oriented?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – When I asked my desired rate I asked for no less than $9 per hour. Unfortunately because the position is currently considered temporary the pay is $8. Once it becomes permanent it will increase and commission will be added as well.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clinique in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by a representative of Estee Lauder to be told that another telephone would be conducted. The interview was 30-40 minutes long. The interviewer read the questions and would not elaborate on them--it was up to me to interpret them myself.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future? Do you consider yourself loyal and why? Do you have a can-do attitude? Give an example of this in one of your previous jobs. What is more important: service or sales?   View Answer

Clinique Consultant Interview

Clinique Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Clinique.

Interview Details – Was seeking employment at my campus bookstore Clinique counter. Had to repeatedly follow up with the General Manager to get an interview and apply. The position is never posted online so you have to follow with him for any part of the hiring process. Finally scheduled a time and was hired on the spot after interview with Current Clinique supervisor and himself.

Interview Question – Give me a time where you gave excellent customer service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Clinique Beauty Advisor Interview

Clinique Beauty Advisor
Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Clinique in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with cosmetic manager at Macy's then interviewed with counter manager and then took the talent plus interview then interviewed with Clinique executive.

Interview Question – I didn't really didn't have an unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase went quick.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clinique

Worked for Clinique? Contribute to the Community!