Clorox

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Marketing Intelligence Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clorox in February 2009.

In total, I had 4 interviews, each about an hour long:

1st Interview - phone screen with a Director (45mins)
2nd Interview - on site 1:1 lunch with a Director (1hr)
3rd Interview - on site 1:1 with a Sr. Manager (1hr)
4th Interview - on site 1:1 with a Director (1hr)

All four interviews were fairly similar. In essence they go through 3 things: (1) tell me about yourself, background, what are you passionate about, etc.; (2) why this job, why Clorox, why location, why you; (3) several "mini cases" - they will give you real life situations about Clorox brands and ask you how you would think about them: what questions would you ask, how would you go about analyzing the situation, what your recommendation would be given little information, etc.

All in all, not a terribly difficult interview process, esp. for someone with a legit MBA that has been trained properly on how to interview. Just stick to the marketing frameworks you've learned while adding your own personal touches to the story and you'll be solid. One other piece of advice is to come across VERY confident. There is a strong culture here that loves extroverts and folks who are terribly outspoken, so ride the line of confident to almost cocky...be self assured.

Interview Questions
  • You're the brand manager of Pine Sol and you're considering launching different scent extensions to the existing product line. What are the first questions you ask and how would you go about evaluating the business issue?   Answer Question
There was no negotiation as Clorox compensation package is fairly set for graduating MBAs

Other Interview Reviews for Clorox

Associate Marketing Intelligence Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clorox in April 2008.

I interviewed with all of the Market Research Directors at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Case Studies on different business issues. I was told I would not get case studies but I did.   View Answer
    They would not negotiate.