Clorox Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox (Rogers, AR).

Interview

7 month long process from first phone interview to being informed role was being lumped into another existing role within the plant. Interviewers were well trained and prepared and culture was excellent.

IT Security Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Clorox in June 2015.

Interview

I applied directly through Clorox website and got a response from the recruiting personnel within 2 days. She was pleasant to work with and the recruiting coordinator was very accommodating. The hiring manager behavior, however, was totally unexpected. First, the hiring manager scheduled a call for 60 minutes, but did not show up on time. He called 30 minutes later and said he was late and was "detained" (?). He asked if the call can be moved to another time for a 30 minutes discussion (shorter time). I agreed. On the new scheduled call time, he was again late for 20 minutes and when he finally called me, he said he only have 15 minutes (even shorter time!). There's not much you can discuss in 15 minutes, but I went along with him. The discussions really went sideways because the job descriptions is very different than his expectation. Needless to say, I never got a call back from anyone at Clorox. Given the behavior of the hiring manager, who is in charge of Clorox overall security, I am somehow happy the interview didn't go as planned.

Interview Questions

• The questions revolves around network security, which is pretty easy if you've done network engineering for the lat 5 years.   Answer Question

IT Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

In one line, this is the longest and toughest interviews I had so far yet I lament that there was no result after all the time and effort spent. Applied online, the recruiter called immediately and setup an interview. The interview went on for 1 hr, at times went pretty technical. I did not expect such knowledge from a recruiter. The interview went on very well. One week later, I had phone interview with hiring manager. The interview was planned for 50 minutes but went on for about 1 hr 50 mins, I felt very good. Then in next round 5, 30 minute skype interviews were scheduled 3 weeks later. I was told they are interviewing other people that they need time to sync me with others. 3 of the interviewing people are in one location and other two are in another location. I asked if the interviews could be consolidated as it is difficult to take time from work at 5 different times during same week. I was strictly told NO. So I took time to finally go through all interviews, some ran longer but all 5 went on very well. There was one with the IT architect that I felt he had some ego clash or pre-conceived notion. One of the reasons I felt so was because he asked for experience in aspects not in my resume. I pretty much had to repeat the same things over and over 5 times! After interviews I contacted the recruiter and she says I am one of the top candidates but they are still interviewing lot of more people and they are in first round of phone interviews. I kept on waiting....in mean while I got offers from other interviews I had and accepted an offer with another company...these guys are still going and going... I was told the next steps are to invite me onsite to Atlanta and have more inperson interviews, particularly with business users. I was already tired of interviews by then. My personal opinion: As far as I know there is only one position open. this is a matrix organization, meaning you are one among 8 other already existing managers that are competing for a promotion in future. I looked up profiles of other people that have been there for a lot of time and they did not make much head way vertically in their careers except for a lot of lateral moves. There is no one directly reporting to you, however you are manager as that is how things work in a (weak) matrix organization. I had impression that a lot of policies and processes were very clearly defined, all boundaries between roles defined cut and dry. This shows how strong/efficient the organizational process could be. The recruiter, Program manager and most others have been very professional and friendly. No where I had trace of unprofessionalism. However the way the interview process went on, 3 hrs on phone and another 3-4 hrs in 5 different skype interviews at various times of the day, making me wait for 3 weeks between interviews and finally asking me wait few more days, interviewing more people even after saying that I am a top candidate made me think that they have too many choices and that they have almost no respect for the interviewing candidates time or opinion. If they like some one they should go forward and if they don't they should be clear. Maintaining a candidate in pool and assuming he/she would be available for them forever is a mistake. This shows indecisiveness or weakness within the recruitment process. I wonder if they don't care about you even before interviewing, how would they care when you are actually hired. Infact the pay they were offering is also not that great. However they are willing to offer relocation and other benefits.

Interview Questions

• Tons and tons of questions, filtering through every part of your experience.   1 Answer

Senior Scientist, Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willowbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox (Willowbrook, IL).

Interview

This interview was probably one of the most unorganized I've ever taken part of in my career. This Clorox site is a small Tech Center without any HR presence on site and it's evident that all coordination is done long distance. I was made aware of at least two schedule changes but in speaking to the interview team there were multiple itineraries sent to them. Had I not arrived early I wouldn't have had much time to interact with the hiring manager as he had a doctor's appointment scheduled for that morning. I was taken out to lunch and given a tour of the facility. All of the people I met with were nice but you could tell some were "last minute additions". One gentleman only had a year plus professional experience and told me prior to asking me any questions that he'd never taken part in conducting an interview. He asked questions with no pertinence to the position I was applying. Another gentleman asked me no questions but spoke for about 20 minutes on how I'd do well there. Quite a few members of the team didn't seem to be aware of what position for which I was interviewing. By the time it was all said and done I didn't really have a great handle on what their intent was for the position. I was told at the time they were looking to fill the position quickly, but was skeptical given the lack of organization in the process. My skepticism proved correct as I never got an official response. I kept being told they'd know soon or one more week. Then I was told they were interviewing other candidates. When I asked about this I was told the position got placed on hold. In the time it took between the interview and being told the position was on hold I applied, interviewed, was offered, negotiated and accepted a position with another company. Since the interview was an all day event it meant I had to take time off work to participate in it. Given this was probably the same for anyone else applying I think Clorox should reevaluate their process internally to better organize. Had I known ahead of time the process would've been this disjointed I would not have taken part.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I'd remove cost from the package. It was a strange question because the position wouldn't have had anything to with that type of work.   Answer Question

Sep 24, 2014 – Talent Management Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will certainly look into this - a positive candidate experience is something we constantly strive for, regardless of the final outcome. If you'd ... More

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clorox in October 2014.

Interview

Went to the career fair at my university and checked out the Clorox company booth. Talk to one of the human resource people and got a next day interview. Next, got a call back for a location interview. Took about 3 weeks to get the official interview date. It was a 6 hours interview with time split between two Georgia locations, Alpharetta and Kennesaw. Interview consist of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical and behavior questions like “When was a scenario where you used logic to answer a technical problem?” and “why Clorox?”.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Clorox in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had an interview at my university and a final interview at clorox headquarters. 4 seperate interviews about 1hr each during the final round. Interviewers were very smart and professional. Extremely great company with great people

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clorox (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

A 30 minute dialog regarding what a Georgia Tech grad could offer Clorox and vice versa. The manager conducting the interview was very inquisitive regarding my leadership potential as this position was a part of their leadership development program. At the end of the interview, the manager was very complimentary about my qualifications and was willing to give me good feedback on how to better advocate for myself. It was a pleasant experience even though it did not result in an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation on which you had to exercise leadership.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

A recruiter initially contact me about the position. Took about 3 months before the recruiter contact me again for a phone interview. The interviewers was really nice and easy to talk to. Two mangers call at once. They told me to expect a decision in about 2 weeks, but got back to me in 3 days offering an in-person interview. In person interview was a One-on-One and then a Two-on-One. Lasted about 1:30 total. Again they told me to expect a decision in about 4 weeks and that they're looking at other people as well. But recruiter call me that evening and told me that there's an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1) How would you improve a Clorox product. 2) Explain how you would handle mistakes in labs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pre-employment paperwork takes about 2 weeks. No salary negotiation.

Staff Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox in August 2014.

Interview

The Overall Process was very straight forward but did have many steps. Initial phone screening, phone interview with Plant Engineering Manager, phone interview with Corporate Engineering Manager, then an onsite interview with many people. The phone interviews were mostly to have you explain your background and allow you to ask questions about the job and company. Most questions were behavior based and wanted examples of how you react in different situations. Very easy to talk to and answered all questions I had. The onsite was 4 different 1 hour interview in groups of 2 from different job functions, a plant tour, and lunch with the Manager and another Engineer. The questions were behavior based format again and many repeated. All groups were straight forward and made sure you understood the process and how they would like you to respond to the questions. I found them friendly and easy to talk with. The HR contacts were very helpful through the entire process in setting up the interviews, scheduling the travel and answering any questions. Most responses were within a day by email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company took into account my initial requests from my application and comments made during the interview process and extended an offer that met all my requirements. I did not need to negotiate and was happy with them for making an offer that was easy to accept.

Sep 26, 2014 – Talent Management Analyst

Thanks for the review. And welcome to Clorox!

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Average job interview. I went through my project history and strengths/weaknesses with the interview panel While the panel interviews were ok, the communication with HR was quite confusing and even rude. I called/emailed once a week to get an update but was mostly ignored. The worst part was the end, though. I received a voice mail with the good news saying that I had received an offer and to call back. I called back within an hour but it went to voice mail. I received another call back (same day but several hours later) with a voice mail saying that I was rejected. Again, I tried to call in to clarify the situation but was ignored with not even an apology. Luckily, got an offer with a much more professional company within a week.

Interview Questions

Clorox Response

Sep 26, 2014 – Talent Management Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The situation you describe is not at all the positive experience we strive to create for each person who interviews with Clorox. We are looking into ... More