Clorox

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clorox.

The final round of interview consisted of 4 different interviews at the Clorox head quarters in Oakland, CA. There were two technical and two behavioral round. My first was a behavioral interview with a senior manager at Clorox. I felt quite comfortable during this interview and it seemed like a natural conversation to me. I appreciated the interviewer's patient and welcoming attitude. My second interview was a technical interview with a different interviewer. I felt that this interview was quite easy in terms of the technical questions. If you understand basic finance and accounting then this interview would have been easy for as well. My third interview (2nd behavioral) was with an employee who was younger than the other two. Surprisingly, this interview turned out to be pretty hard because I felt that I wasn't having a natural conversation. Moreover, the interviewer seemed unprepared and quite inarticulate. It felt more of an interrogation than an interview. I had the hardest time connecting to this interviewer. My fourth interview (2nd technical) was definitely harder than the first technical but it was still doable. The questions were not as straight forward so they required more critical thinking. The interviewer was willing to bounce off ideas and he encouraged me to think out loud.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of an instance where you worked in a team and emerged as a leader? How did you influence your teammates to move in a certain direction?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I was recruited through brand.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clorox in November 2013.

Had an initial phone screen with HR and then I was recommended to do a phone screen with the Director of the business unit. I did a phone screen with her and then was invited to interview. I did six 30-minute interviews including a lunch interview with a senior manager. I got a call that I was hired when I was in the security line at the airport returning back home. It was a very quick and thorough process.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the CEO, what brand would you buy and why?   Answer Question

Operations Planning Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Clorox.

There was only one interview for my position and I received an offer a month or two later. Originally, I had a week to make my decision, but I asked for and was granted an extra week.

I don't remember ever getting a difficult or unexpected question. Straight-forward behavioral style interview questions. I was interviewed by a newer full-time employee, so they didn't have any of the more "awkward" questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work in a group. What was the task and the outcome?   Answer Question

R&D Intern Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Clorox.

A Clorox representative contacted me through a career fair that I attended. The interview was approximately 45 minutes long and was fairly simple and basic. The representative started off by giving me more details about their internship and what they were looking for, and we just went through my resume after that.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any technical questions. One of the questions he asked was "what is your favorite Clorox product," followed by "how would you improve it?"   Answer Question

Healthcare Account Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Clorox in October 2013.

I went through a recruiter. I had to record a five minute video for the Director, then a phone interview with Director of Healthcare Sales, and an in person interview with Director and Regional Manager in Minneapolis. It took 3+ months start to finish with all communication meant to go through the 3rd party recruiter. The in person interview was fine and fairly conversational, but the Director was not able to grasp what I had done in my previous job in medical sales. They have hired a lot of people from pharmaceutical backgrounds and even financial advisors. If you are from these backgrounds then you have a leg up on the competition. You can show as a pharma rep how you really go out there and dominate business all day closing deals left and right.

I never received an answer as to a yes or no even with follow up through the recruiter, just a very vague maybe. Extremely disappointing given the time and effort that was invested in the process. The RM and/or Director should have taken the 30 seconds to personally respond to an email or pick up a phone to call me. Common courtesy was non existent especially given that I was the only person interviewed for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you married (asked by both the Director and Regional Manager). Surprising and illegal.   Answer Question

Clorox Response

Feb 13, 2014Talent Management Consultant

Thank you for sharing your experience. At Clorox, we work carefully to educate our employees to only ask questions that are relevant to the role. We will use this feedback in our continuous ... More

Research Scientist Interview

Interviewed at a career fair. That was more of a behavior interview. Then interviewed on site. First presented my graduate work and then had several successive interviews with different people each with a differet theme.

Interview Questions
    • Most was standard behavioral interview, although one interviewer did grill me on my technical knowledge   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Georgia Institute of Technology Branch Post Office, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgia Institute of Technology Branch Post Office, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Clorox in September 2013.

Basic behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    none, its a set program with a set salary. But they pay well. $850/week plus $500/month rent stipend and $500 reimbursement for relocation to Kennesaw at the beginning and again to relocate home at the end.

Scientist I Interview

Few interviews at multiple locations

Supply Chain Leadership and Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clorox.

It was a behavior based interview. They asked why I wanted to work for the company. They then asked me to tell them about myself. They then proceeded with four behavioral interview questions which were correlated with the values of the company. Afterwards they asked me to rundown m resume to make sure they got everything from my resume. They then concluded the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How many quarters does it take stacked on top of each other to reach the top of the Empire State Building.   Answer Question