Clorox

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supply Chain Associate Leadership Development Program Interview

Supply Chain Associate Leadership Development Program
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Clorox in April 2013.

Interview Details – I visited the Clorox booth at my university, and they informed me that they were looking to interview people for their leadership Development program. I had not heard of the program, but was interested in the position. I signed up for an interview later that day, and did the first round with an employee. Very typical first round interview questions, he had told me that I did a good job and gave constructive criticism.

I heard back roughly two weeks later that I have gotten the second round of interviews. Clorox made all the arrangements, paid for the flight and rental car to Atlanta.

I flew down, stayed overnight in Alpharetta. In the morning I had two interviews with the business group in Alpharetta. They went well, very typical interviews. They started off behavioral, and became conversational. The interviewers were responsive, amiable people. I was able to really get in stride.

The second set of interview was in Kennesaw, with the project management group. I had lunch with some of my future coworkers, and one of my interviewers. After returning to the office, I had two interviews. It ended up going well, again the interviews were conversational. I left straight from the office to go to the airport.

I heard back within a month that I had been extended an offer.

Interview Question – "Tell me a time you had to be compassionate"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary offer and starting bonus was more than acceptable, no further negotiation needed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clorox in January 2009.

Interview Details – There was an on campus interview with one hiring manager. Then the company would invite the students in for an in-house interview with four interviewers who would test you on both behavioral and technical areas of your knowledge in Finance and Accounting

Interview Question – What would you look at when considering acquiring a company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clorox in September 2012.

Interview Details – Two back to back 30min interviews

Interview Question – How can you improve the design of a Kleenex box.   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I

Interviewed at Clorox

Interview Details – Few interviews at multiple locations

Interview Question – You run the interview   Answer Question

Finance Associate Interview

Finance Associate
Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Clorox in October 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was an in-campus interview. Easy interview with basic technical accounting questions. the second interview was a long interview with 4 managers. Totally 5 hours interview in the second interview. They asked technical questions about income statement and equity statement. NPV and IRR are also required to be learned. although the job title is finance associate, they obviously want to hire someone with strong accounting knowledge rather than finance side. Statement of cash flow was also an important part they asked.

Interview Question – Comparing two products, what are the concerns you would consider in choosing which product to sell and operate?   View Answer

Supply Chain Leadership and Development Program Interview

Supply Chain Leadership and Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clorox.

Interview Details – It was a behavior based interview. They asked why I wanted to work for the company. They then asked me to tell them about myself. They then proceeded with four behavioral interview questions which were correlated with the values of the company. Afterwards they asked me to rundown m resume to make sure they got everything from my resume. They then concluded the interview.

Interview Question – How many quarters does it take stacked on top of each other to reach the top of the Empire State Building.   Answer Question

Director of Information Technology Interview

Director of Information Technology
Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clorox.

Interview Details – Clorox has an excellent HR Recruitment Organization that was very professional throughout the process. The stayed in contact with me throughout the process as well to make sure things were "uneventful". The hiring organization was "orderly and efficient" throughout the process. There were more interviews than I would like but with appropriate roles.

Interview Question – The leadership team tended to be "out of step" with current trends in industry so there were not any difficult or unexpected questions. What was unexpected was a comment regarding a degree of disbelief in my well documented experience. In retrospect, that may have been more of a reflection on the time it takes to make progress on more initiatives due to the culture there.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was efficient as well. I stated up front I considered it to be an indication of our prospective relationship. I also stated I expected a good offer, I would respond with any improvements I believed to be appropriate, and I would simple evaluate their response to either accept or decline. That kept the process simple.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Assistant Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Clorox in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was through email with current employee. Emailed resume to them then received email a couple days later request of inperson interview with them and three other people including their bosses and another manager. In total, interview diration was three hours long. There was a brief walk through of the departments and common areas. Each interview was repeat of the prior but with a tiny emphasis on a different aspect of position (ie handling of stress, communication ability, people skills) All questions were very generalized and vague.

Interview Question – nothing too detailed and as stated before, generalized in terms of skills looking for.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Clorox.

Interview Details – Talked and met with 8 people in total. Total process lasted about 3 to 4 months. Overall, very positive experience. No hard and weird questions. If you prepare well and do research about the company and the people you will be interview with, you will do fine. Be prepared to talk about your experience and why it fits the job.

Interview Question – All questions are expected such as "Walk me through your resume", "Where do you see yourself in five years", "Tell me a time when...", "Tell me an example of your skill", etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One round of negotiation to get closer to what I was hoping for and didn't push any further.

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
Oakland, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Clorox in December 2010.

Interview Details – Quick phone screen either by HR or the hiring manager.
One day of 3 or 5 interviews with Manager and Directors of the Accounting Department

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Pretty flexible and open

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clorox