Clorox Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.1

Healthcare Account Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. I had to record a five minute video for the Director, then a phone interview with Director of Healthcare Sales, and an in person interview with Director and Regional Manager in Minneapolis. It took 3+ months start to finish with all communication meant to go through the 3rd party recruiter. The in person interview was fine and fairly conversational, but the Director was not able to grasp what I had done in my previous job in medical sales. They have hired a lot of people from pharmaceutical backgrounds and even financial advisors. If you are from these backgrounds then you have a leg up on the competition. You can show as a pharma rep how you really go out there and dominate business all day closing deals left and right.

I never received an answer as to a yes or no even with follow up through the recruiter, just a very vague maybe. Extremely disappointing given the time and effort that was invested in the process. The RM and/or Director should have taken the 30 seconds to personally respond to an email or pick up a phone to call me. Common courtesy was non existent especially given that I was the only person interviewed for the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you married (asked by both the Director and Regional Manager). Surprising and illegal.   Answer Question

Clorox Response

Feb 13, 2014Talent Management Consultant

Thank you for sharing your experience. At Clorox, we work carefully to educate our employees to only ask questions that are relevant to the role. We will use this feedback in our continuous ... More

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

Interviewed at a career fair. That was more of a behavior interview. Then interviewed on site. First presented my graduate work and then had several successive interviews with different people each with a differet theme.

Interview Questions

• Most was standard behavioral interview, although one interviewer did grill me on my technical knowledge   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgia Institute of Technology Branch Post Office, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Clorox (Georgia Institute of Technology Branch Post Office, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, its a set program with a set salary. But they pay well. $850/week plus $500/month rent stipend and $500 reimbursement for relocation to Kennesaw at the beginning and again to relocate home at the end.

Scientist I Interview

Interview

Few interviews at multiple locations

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clorox.

Interview

It was a behavior based interview. They asked why I wanted to work for the company. They then asked me to tell them about myself. They then proceeded with four behavioral interview questions which were correlated with the values of the company. Afterwards they asked me to rundown m resume to make sure they got everything from my resume. They then concluded the interview.

Interview Questions

• How many quarters does it take stacked on top of each other to reach the top of the Empire State Building.   Answer Question

Director of Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clorox (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Clorox has an excellent HR Recruitment Organization that was very professional throughout the process. The stayed in contact with me throughout the process as well to make sure things were "uneventful". The hiring organization was "orderly and efficient" throughout the process. There were more interviews than I would like but with appropriate roles.

Interview Questions

• The leadership team tended to be "out of step" with current trends in industry so there were not any difficult or unexpected questions. What was unexpected was a comment regarding a degree of disbelief in my well documented experience. In retrospect, that may have been more of a reflection on the time it takes to make progress on more initiatives due to the culture there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was efficient as well. I stated up front I considered it to be an indication of our prospective relationship. I also stated I expected a good offer, I would respond with any improvements I believed to be appropriate, and I would simple evaluate their response to either accept or decline. That kept the process simple.

Supply Chain Associate Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

I visited the Clorox booth at my university, and they informed me that they were looking to interview people for their leadership Development program. I had not heard of the program, but was interested in the position. I signed up for an interview later that day, and did the first round with an employee. Very typical first round interview questions, he had told me that I did a good job and gave constructive criticism.

I heard back roughly two weeks later that I have gotten the second round of interviews. Clorox made all the arrangements, paid for the flight and rental car to Atlanta.

I flew down, stayed overnight in Alpharetta. In the morning I had two interviews with the business group in Alpharetta. They went well, very typical interviews. They started off behavioral, and became conversational. The interviewers were responsive, amiable people. I was able to really get in stride.

The second set of interview was in Kennesaw, with the project management group. I had lunch with some of my future coworkers, and one of my interviewers. After returning to the office, I had two interviews. It ended up going well, again the interviews were conversational. I left straight from the office to go to the airport.

I heard back within a month that I had been extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time you had to be compassionate"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary offer and starting bonus was more than acceptable, no further negotiation needed.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Clorox in April 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was through email with current employee. Emailed resume to them then received email a couple days later request of inperson interview with them and three other people including their bosses and another manager. In total, interview diration was three hours long. There was a brief walk through of the departments and common areas. Each interview was repeat of the prior but with a tiny emphasis on a different aspect of position (ie handling of stress, communication ability, people skills) All questions were very generalized and vague.

Interview Questions

• nothing too detailed and as stated before, generalized in terms of skills looking for.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Talked and met with 8 people in total. Total process lasted about 3 to 4 months. Overall, very positive experience. No hard and weird questions. If you prepare well and do research about the company and the people you will be interview with, you will do fine. Be prepared to talk about your experience and why it fits the job.

Interview Questions

• All questions are expected such as "Walk me through your resume", "Where do you see yourself in five years", "Tell me a time when...", "Tell me an example of your skill", etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

One round of negotiation to get closer to what I was hoping for and didn't push any further.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clorox (Oakland, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The first interview was an in-campus interview. Easy interview with basic technical accounting questions. the second interview was a long interview with 4 managers. Totally 5 hours interview in the second interview. They asked technical questions about income statement and equity statement. NPV and IRR are also required to be learned. although the job title is finance associate, they obviously want to hire someone with strong accounting knowledge rather than finance side. Statement of cash flow was also an important part they asked.

Interview Questions

• Comparing two products, what are the concerns you would consider in choosing which product to sell and operate?   1 Answer