Clorox

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director of Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clorox.

Clorox has an excellent HR Recruitment Organization that was very professional throughout the process. The stayed in contact with me throughout the process as well to make sure things were "uneventful". The hiring organization was "orderly and efficient" throughout the process. There were more interviews than I would like but with appropriate roles.

Interview Questions
    • The leadership team tended to be "out of step" with current trends in industry so there were not any difficult or unexpected questions. What was unexpected was a comment regarding a degree of disbelief in my well documented experience. In retrospect, that may have been more of a reflection on the time it takes to make progress on more initiatives due to the culture there.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was efficient as well. I stated up front I considered it to be an indication of our prospective relationship. I also stated I expected a good offer, I would respond with any improvements I believed to be appropriate, and I would simple evaluate their response to either accept or decline. That kept the process simple.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox.

Talked and met with 8 people in total. Total process lasted about 3 to 4 months. Overall, very positive experience. No hard and weird questions. If you prepare well and do research about the company and the people you will be interview with, you will do fine. Be prepared to talk about your experience and why it fits the job.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are expected such as "Walk me through your resume", "Where do you see yourself in five years", "Tell me a time when...", "Tell me an example of your skill", etc   Answer Question
    One round of negotiation to get closer to what I was hoping for and didn't push any further.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clorox in October 2012.

The first interview was an in-campus interview. Easy interview with basic technical accounting questions. the second interview was a long interview with 4 managers. Totally 5 hours interview in the second interview. They asked technical questions about income statement and equity statement. NPV and IRR are also required to be learned. although the job title is finance associate, they obviously want to hire someone with strong accounting knowledge rather than finance side. Statement of cash flow was also an important part they asked.

Interview Questions
    • Comparing two products, what are the concerns you would consider in choosing which product to sell and operate?   View Answer

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox in June 2012.

The entire hiring and interview process is extremely well coordinated, and there is total transparency for the candidate as to the timelines and process details.

Supply Chain Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Clorox in November 2011.

Applied online.
    Contacted by Recruiter and talked briefly about experience and job position.
    First a phone Interview with Hiring Manager; mainly diving deeper into resume/experience and more in-depth into job position.
    Second an on-site 1:1 interview with a group/panel (about 8 total); All interviews were very open/informal, with no specific format or questions... mainly talked with each interviewer about how their position ties into potential job position.

Interview Questions
    • A marketing rep. tells you that he wants to change Clorox to pink for a limited time to celebrate cancer awareness, what do you do first?   Answer Question

Offer was for $88k/year with $9k signing bonus... way to low for location, field and years of experience.

Processes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Clorox in June 2011.

Interviews occurred on three seperate days. The first day was an interview with the department manager. The second day was a multi-person in-person interview with the department manager and then his group, indiividually. The last day was a phone interview with the VP of the division. I thought that the people who work there came across as really loving it and trying their best to ensure that the candidate would be a good fit for the organization and the department. I also appreciated how everyone had read through my entire resume and asked me questions about little details and how I would be able to convert those skills into something that would benefit the firm. The offices in Oakland were spectacular. They occupy 20+ floors and the floor I was on was brand new and quite beautiful. Glass windows everywhere allow for lots of natural light and give 360 views of the Bay Area.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clorox in March 2011.

One on campus interview, brought back to headquarters for day of 4 interviews. It was 4 interviews in the morning, followed by a lunch with two recently hired individuals

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty standard, describe similarities between P&L and Balance Sheet. What is this club I see on your resume.. that kind of stuff   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate

Associate Global Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clorox in February 2011.

I applied for this position at Clorox, did a phone interview with HR, and another phone interview with a member on the team. I was offered to come on-site immediately. So, I took the day off from my work, and met with about 7 different members on the team. The first interviewer just didn't seem to get the point of the conversation. He spent most of the time bragging about the "excellent" work that their team does, rather than focusing on evaluating my background for the role. The other interviewers were OK, though they were mostly scratching the surface than being interested in understanding deeply what I can offer to the company and how my background would match to the job profile. After the full-day interview process, the HR mentioned that they will be in touch with me later. And guess what.. I never heard from them since then. It is just apalling that a company like Clorox would be so disrespectful to a candidate's time and effort.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clorox in December 2010.

Quick phone screen either by HR or the hiring manager.
    One day of 3 or 5 interviews with Manager and Directors of the Accounting Department

Pretty flexible and open

Associate Global Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clorox in April 2010.

Pretty standard interview process - did one phone interview with HR and two all day interviews onsite. Overall I interviewed with about 7 or 8 people at varying levels. Lots of behavioral-type questions ("Tell me about a time....") and a few situational ("What would you do if...."). Nothing was out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    HR was very upfront about the salary and benefits package - laid it all on the table before I even had an offer. I thought the offer was very fair and did not go through much negotiation with the exception of vacation days.