Clorox

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clorox in March 2011.

Interview Details – One on campus interview, brought back to headquarters for day of 4 interviews. It was 4 interviews in the morning, followed by a lunch with two recently hired individuals

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard, describe similarities between P&L and Balance Sheet. What is this club I see on your resume.. that kind of stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Senior Demand Planner Interview

Senior Demand Planner
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clorox in February 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online, did a phone screen, met with HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard here. They did some behavioral interviewing, I think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate anything, but there was a modest signing bonus.

Group Manager Interview

Group Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Clorox in June 2012.

Interview Details – The entire hiring and interview process is extremely well coordinated, and there is total transparency for the candidate as to the timelines and process details.

Finance Associate Interview

Finance Associate
Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Clorox in October 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was an in-campus interview. Easy interview with basic technical accounting questions. the second interview was a long interview with 4 managers. Totally 5 hours interview in the second interview. They asked technical questions about income statement and equity statement. NPV and IRR are also required to be learned. although the job title is finance associate, they obviously want to hire someone with strong accounting knowledge rather than finance side. Statement of cash flow was also an important part they asked.

Interview Question – Comparing two products, what are the concerns you would consider in choosing which product to sell and operate?   View Answer

Director of Information Technology Interview

Director of Information Technology
Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clorox.

Interview Details – Clorox has an excellent HR Recruitment Organization that was very professional throughout the process. The stayed in contact with me throughout the process as well to make sure things were "uneventful". The hiring organization was "orderly and efficient" throughout the process. There were more interviews than I would like but with appropriate roles.

Interview Question – The leadership team tended to be "out of step" with current trends in industry so there were not any difficult or unexpected questions. What was unexpected was a comment regarding a degree of disbelief in my well documented experience. In retrospect, that may have been more of a reflection on the time it takes to make progress on more initiatives due to the culture there.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was efficient as well. I stated up front I considered it to be an indication of our prospective relationship. I also stated I expected a good offer, I would respond with any improvements I believed to be appropriate, and I would simple evaluate their response to either accept or decline. That kept the process simple.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Clorox.

Interview Details – Talked and met with 8 people in total. Total process lasted about 3 to 4 months. Overall, very positive experience. No hard and weird questions. If you prepare well and do research about the company and the people you will be interview with, you will do fine. Be prepared to talk about your experience and why it fits the job.

Interview Question – All questions are expected such as "Walk me through your resume", "Where do you see yourself in five years", "Tell me a time when...", "Tell me an example of your skill", etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One round of negotiation to get closer to what I was hoping for and didn't push any further.

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
Oakland, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Clorox in December 2010.

Interview Details – Quick phone screen either by HR or the hiring manager.
One day of 3 or 5 interviews with Manager and Directors of the Accounting Department

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Pretty flexible and open

Supply Chain Lead Interview

Supply Chain Lead
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Clorox in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online.
Contacted by Recruiter and talked briefly about experience and job position.
First a phone Interview with Hiring Manager; mainly diving deeper into resume/experience and more in-depth into job position.
Second an on-site 1:1 interview with a group/panel (about 8 total); All interviews were very open/informal, with no specific format or questions... mainly talked with each interviewer about how their position ties into potential job position.

Interview Question – A marketing rep. tells you that he wants to change Clorox to pink for a limited time to celebrate cancer awareness, what do you do first?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was for $88k/year with $9k signing bonus... way to low for location, field and years of experience.

Processes Interview

Processes
Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clorox in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews occurred on three seperate days. The first day was an interview with the department manager. The second day was a multi-person in-person interview with the department manager and then his group, indiividually. The last day was a phone interview with the VP of the division. I thought that the people who work there came across as really loving it and trying their best to ensure that the candidate would be a good fit for the organization and the department. I also appreciated how everyone had read through my entire resume and asked me questions about little details and how I would be able to convert those skills into something that would benefit the firm. The offices in Oakland were spectacular. They occupy 20+ floors and the floor I was on was brand new and quite beautiful. Glass windows everywhere allow for lots of natural light and give 360 views of the Bay Area.

Interview Questions

Associate Global Insights Manager Interview

Associate Global Insights Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clorox in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for this position at Clorox, did a phone interview with HR, and another phone interview with a member on the team. I was offered to come on-site immediately. So, I took the day off from my work, and met with about 7 different members on the team. The first interviewer just didn't seem to get the point of the conversation. He spent most of the time bragging about the "excellent" work that their team does, rather than focusing on evaluating my background for the role. The other interviewers were OK, though they were mostly scratching the surface than being interested in understanding deeply what I can offer to the company and how my background would match to the job profile. After the full-day interview process, the HR mentioned that they will be in touch with me later. And guess what.. I never heard from them since then. It is just apalling that a company like Clorox would be so disrespectful to a candidate's time and effort.

Worked for Clorox? Contribute to the Community!