Clorox

3.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox in September 2014.

A recruiter initially contact me about the position. Took about 3 months before the recruiter contact me again for a phone interview. The interviewers was really nice and easy to talk to. Two mangers call at once. They told me to expect a decision in about 2 weeks, but got back to me in 3 days offering an in-person interview. In person interview was a One-on-One and then a Two-on-One. Lasted about 1:30 total. Again they told me to expect a decision in about 4 weeks and that they're looking at other people as well. But recruiter call me that evening and told me that there's an offer.

Interview Questions
    • 1) How would you improve a Clorox product.
      2) Explain how you would handle mistakes in labs.
        Answer Question
    Pre-employment paperwork takes about 2 weeks. No salary negotiation.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox in July 2014.

Average job interview. I went through my project history and strengths/weaknesses with the interview panel While the panel interviews were ok, the communication with HR was quite confusing and even rude. I called/emailed once a week to get an update but was mostly ignored. The worst part was the end, though. I received a voice mail with the good news saying that I had received an offer and to call back. I called back within an hour but it went to voice mail. I received another call back (same day but several hours later) with a voice mail saying that I was rejected. Again, I tried to call in to clarify the situation but was ignored with not even an apology. Luckily, got an offer with a much more professional company within a week.

Clorox Response

Sep 26, 2014Talent Management Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The situation you describe is not at all the positive experience we strive to create for each person who interviews with Clorox. We are looking into ... More

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Clorox in January 2014.

i am from out of state. i received an email for scheduling a phone interview with two experienced scientists after 3 months of online application date. the phone interview was standard - mix of technical/interpersonal questions. they got back to me within two days asked me to come out to california for onsite interview. there was a preinterview dinner, presentation of my research, and 5 one on one interviews. they paid for everything. again technical and standard interpersonal questions.
    3 things about clorox: innovation within a time frame, team work, and honesty.

Interview Questions
    • hiring manager asked me if i had a question i would want him to ask me.   View Answer
    • out of the box thinking? improvisation during work.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. salaries might be average but good benefits for college recruits.

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clorox in November 2009.

Ph.D. candidates typically give a seminar and then 1:1 interviews for the day (or 2 days).

Inflexible.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clorox in October 2008.

Phone interview with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Accepted another more competitive offer.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clorox in March 2008.

1. Initial interview by phone with prospective manager
    2. All day interview scheduled with multiple individuals (scientists and managers). Was escorted to the office of the individual scheduled to conduct the interview for that hour. Was shown the facility, instrumentation and capabilities.
    3. Interview questions focused on technical skills (depth and breath), communication, problem solving skills, etc.
    4 I perceived people to be highly technical and smart. There appeared to be many micro cultures within the facility.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a product using this piece of paper?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. If you have the opportunity to negotiate, do it. Even if you don't get what you asked, you will feel good that you at least gave it a try.

Product Research Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clorox in December 2007.

Ph.D. candidates give a seminar, and typically have a one- or two-day interview. There are several interviews 1:1 and/or a few interviewers throughout the day.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate. They would not budge. Clorox pay starts at the 50th percentile and typically averages at the 50th percentile.