Clorox

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Clorox in January 2014.

i am from out of state. i received an email for scheduling a phone interview with two experienced scientists after 3 months of online application date. the phone interview was standard - mix of technical/interpersonal questions. they got back to me within two days asked me to come out to california for onsite interview. there was a preinterview dinner, presentation of my research, and 5 one on one interviews. they paid for everything. again technical and standard interpersonal questions.
    3 things about clorox: innovation within a time frame, team work, and honesty.

Interview Questions
    • hiring manager asked me if i had a question i would want him to ask me.   View Answer
    • out of the box thinking? improvisation during work.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. salaries might be average but good benefits for college recruits.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Clorox in March 2011.

One on campus interview, brought back to headquarters for day of 4 interviews. It was 4 interviews in the morning, followed by a lunch with two recently hired individuals

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty standard, describe similarities between P&L and Balance Sheet. What is this club I see on your resume.. that kind of stuff   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate

Senior Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clorox in February 2009.

I applied online, did a phone screen, met with HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard here. They did some behavioral interviewing, I think.   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate anything, but there was a modest signing bonus.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Clorox in June 2012.

The entire hiring and interview process is extremely well coordinated, and there is total transparency for the candidate as to the timelines and process details.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Clorox in October 2012.

The first interview was an in-campus interview. Easy interview with basic technical accounting questions. the second interview was a long interview with 4 managers. Totally 5 hours interview in the second interview. They asked technical questions about income statement and equity statement. NPV and IRR are also required to be learned. although the job title is finance associate, they obviously want to hire someone with strong accounting knowledge rather than finance side. Statement of cash flow was also an important part they asked.

Interview Questions
    • Comparing two products, what are the concerns you would consider in choosing which product to sell and operate?   View Answer

Director of Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clorox.

Clorox has an excellent HR Recruitment Organization that was very professional throughout the process. The stayed in contact with me throughout the process as well to make sure things were "uneventful". The hiring organization was "orderly and efficient" throughout the process. There were more interviews than I would like but with appropriate roles.

Interview Questions
    • The leadership team tended to be "out of step" with current trends in industry so there were not any difficult or unexpected questions. What was unexpected was a comment regarding a degree of disbelief in my well documented experience. In retrospect, that may have been more of a reflection on the time it takes to make progress on more initiatives due to the culture there.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was efficient as well. I stated up front I considered it to be an indication of our prospective relationship. I also stated I expected a good offer, I would respond with any improvements I believed to be appropriate, and I would simple evaluate their response to either accept or decline. That kept the process simple.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Clorox.

Talked and met with 8 people in total. Total process lasted about 3 to 4 months. Overall, very positive experience. No hard and weird questions. If you prepare well and do research about the company and the people you will be interview with, you will do fine. Be prepared to talk about your experience and why it fits the job.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are expected such as "Walk me through your resume", "Where do you see yourself in five years", "Tell me a time when...", "Tell me an example of your skill", etc   Answer Question
    One round of negotiation to get closer to what I was hoping for and didn't push any further.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Clorox in December 2010.

Quick phone screen either by HR or the hiring manager.
    One day of 3 or 5 interviews with Manager and Directors of the Accounting Department

Pretty flexible and open

Supply Chain Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Clorox in November 2011.

Applied online.
    Contacted by Recruiter and talked briefly about experience and job position.
    First a phone Interview with Hiring Manager; mainly diving deeper into resume/experience and more in-depth into job position.
    Second an on-site 1:1 interview with a group/panel (about 8 total); All interviews were very open/informal, with no specific format or questions... mainly talked with each interviewer about how their position ties into potential job position.

Interview Questions
    • A marketing rep. tells you that he wants to change Clorox to pink for a limited time to celebrate cancer awareness, what do you do first?   Answer Question

Offer was for $88k/year with $9k signing bonus... way to low for location, field and years of experience.

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Clorox in May 2010.

I was recruited by a recruiter for a specific position. The interview consisted of meeting with approximately 8 executive and my potential manager. The process was very enjoyable and everyone was very nice. The questions I was asked were very practical and related directly to the business I was interviewing to handle.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how to handle specific issues under an agreement I had not had an opportunity to review.   View Answer

I had a similar offer from another company that didn't require relocating.

Worked for Clorox? Contribute to the Community!