Closet World

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.2

Designer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Closet World.

Responded by emailing them and got a call 2 days later that sounded like it was someone calling from their house. It sounded very casual and I was encouraged to go meet face to face for an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • How much does this closet look like it costs?   View Answer

SALES DESIGNER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Closet World in August 2014.

I applied directly via email and was called the next day and scheduled the interview. I met with Sr. Sales Manager and was warmly welcomed by several different people in the office. I found the interview to be more of a "sales" presentation. Very descriptive with the commission, the "method" of sale and how sales people are not allowed to deviate from the method. All discounting has to be approved by the manager. He then threw in that the next training was starting in 3 days. Complete news to me, as I am currently working and would have to give notice, not mention that I drove almost 3 hours for the interview. It seemed to me that they churn and burn their sales people like a revolving door. I was only asked one question throughout the hour interview.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you think this closet system costs? The answer is 20k.....   View Answer

Only 1 appt. a day, Bad reviews of the company. Canned sales presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Closet World in August 2014.

I believe they hire anyone who applies. Commission only, no medical benefits, no expenses paid, have the opportunity to work seven days per week! Must have car and home office.

Interview Questions
    Commission only position, no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Closet World in January 2014.

be yourself and honest. the interview process is straight forward and direct. they were clear about what they expect from you and truthful about what the pay out will look like

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Closet World.

I had the company install my closets; saw their ad in the Pennysaver and called. They set up an interview with a sales manager. At the interview, the usual questions were asked; I felt that what they really wanted was to get a feel for the type of person I was, my work ethic, adaptability, etc.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation; commission only sales. If the applicant feels that system will work, great. They did explain opportunities for advancement and benefits.

SALES DESIGNER Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Closet World in July 2012.

The interview process began with a phone call, mine, leaving a message I was interested in the position. On the return phone call, I spoke with the interviewer and talked about some elements, while we set up the interview.

I did some research on the company, and there seems to be a high turn over on the job, but there are people who make loads of money, but that is the exception not the rule.

As the interviewer described it, if you're willing to do what's in the training and follow there pitch, it works, and you make the sales. etc.

I am interested in helping people, create beautiful spaces not get people to spend money, on a particular kit... etc. but over all, I think the sales are what they are.

I think that on the onset, this looked like a great opportunity and I believe life is what you make it, but I don't think the job was a good fit for me.

Shipping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Closet World in June 2012.

First interviewed with HR manager, just asked aloy of what I've done in past employment. Next interviewed with Shipping Operations Manager, again basic questions of my past job experience. Then I came back the next day for final interview with production manager. He explained in detail of what the job consist of, but forgot to mention the stress the job entails, how they frown on overtime and how they have no respect for it's employees.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work hard and get your hands dirty!   View Answer
    They handed me a letter stating the hourly wage and stating after 6 months I would get a .75 cent raise.

Closet Designer/Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Closet World in March 2011.

I was contacted by phone and went in for a personal interview. I then was referred on to the person I would be reporting to, however she was located in Southern California, so we only spoke by phone. The product seems to be nice quality, the type of work sounded fun, however the company offers no benefits and the pay is strictly commission.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were really not difficult. They were really just trying to get an idea of how willing I was to follow their specific formula for selling.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Closet World in February 2010.

I found the ad in the penny saver- called the number, they called me back with a date and time for the first interview. I went in, sat with a group of about 10 people. We were talked to as a group, then taken by different managers to do one on one interviews. Was asked a bunch of standard questions. Then asked if I had sales experience, I didn't, they were happy about that (so they could brainwash me into thinking their way of sales was the only way). Then they asked the group if everyone was ok with the fact that we will be in training for the next 2 weeks and would be compensated with an undisclosed amount- several people got up and left right then and there. I didn't, came back for a second interview, then they called and said i got the job.

don't do it

Installer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Closet World in January 2008.

I walked through the door and filled out an application. I was interviewed almost immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience relevant to the position you are applying?   View Answer
    • Do you have a good driving record?   View Answer
    non-negotiable