Closet World

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Whittier, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Closet World in February 2010.

Interview Details – I found the ad in the penny saver- called the number, they called me back with a date and time for the first interview. I went in, sat with a group of about 10 people. We were talked to as a group, then taken by different managers to do one on one interviews. Was asked a bunch of standard questions. Then asked if I had sales experience, I didn't, they were happy about that (so they could brainwash me into thinking their way of sales was the only way). Then they asked the group if everyone was ok with the fact that we will be in training for the next 2 weeks and would be compensated with an undisclosed amount- several people got up and left right then and there. I didn't, came back for a second interview, then they called and said i got the job.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – don't do it

Hayward, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Closet World in January 2014.

Interview Details – be yourself and honest. the interview process is straight forward and direct. they were clear about what they expect from you and truthful about what the pay out will look like

SALES DESIGNER Interview

SALES DESIGNER
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Closet World in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a phone call, mine, leaving a message I was interested in the position. On the return phone call, I spoke with the interviewer and talked about some elements, while we set up the interview.

I did some research on the company, and there seems to be a high turn over on the job, but there are people who make loads of money, but that is the exception not the rule.

As the interviewer described it, if you're willing to do what's in the training and follow there pitch, it works, and you make the sales. etc.

I am interested in helping people, create beautiful spaces not get people to spend money, on a particular kit... etc. but over all, I think the sales are what they are.

I think that on the onset, this looked like a great opportunity and I believe life is what you make it, but I don't think the job was a good fit for me.

Whittier, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Closet World.

Interview Details – I had the company install my closets; saw their ad in the Pennysaver and called. They set up an interview with a sales manager. At the interview, the usual questions were asked; I felt that what they really wanted was to get a feel for the type of person I was, my work ethic, adaptability, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing. All the "usual" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; commission only sales. If the applicant feels that system will work, great. They did explain opportunities for advancement and benefits.

Shipping Supervisor Interview

Shipping Supervisor
City of Industry, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Closet World in June 2012.

Interview Details – First interviewed with HR manager, just asked aloy of what I've done in past employment. Next interviewed with Shipping Operations Manager, again basic questions of my past job experience. Then I came back the next day for final interview with production manager. He explained in detail of what the job consist of, but forgot to mention the stress the job entails, how they frown on overtime and how they have no respect for it's employees.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work hard and get your hands dirty!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They handed me a letter stating the hourly wage and stating after 6 months I would get a .75 cent raise.

Closet Designer/Outside Sales Interview

Closet Designer/Outside Sales
San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Closet World in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone and went in for a personal interview. I then was referred on to the person I would be reporting to, however she was located in Southern California, so we only spoke by phone. The product seems to be nice quality, the type of work sounded fun, however the company offers no benefits and the pay is strictly commission.

Interview Question – The interview questions were really not difficult. They were really just trying to get an idea of how willing I was to follow their specific formula for selling.   View Answer

Installer Interview

Installer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Closet World in January 2008.

Interview Details – I walked through the door and filled out an application. I was interviewed almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience relevant to the position you are applying?   View Answer
  • Do you have a good driving record?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Closet World? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Closet World interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Closet World employees and interview candidates.