Cloud Sherpas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Management Analyst Interview

Financial Management Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cloud Sherpas in July 2013.

Interview Details – The process took about two months. I first interviewed with their recruiting representative and it was a feeler interview to see if I was well spoken and competent. I then interviewed with the two FMA's already working with the company and gained insight on what they do. I think interviewed with a controller in another business unit (they were considering people for two positions), followed by an interview with controller in the business unit I was trying to get into. None of the interviews we terribly technical or difficult. Most just explained what the job entailed and tried to see if you had experience in those areas, or if it would scare you away. I ended the process with an interview with the CFO which explained the company and where they wanted to go in the future. He also discussed salary, bonus, and raise information. Everyone was very fair and amiable throughout the process. The only difficulty I had was in the length of time and the lack of communication throughout the process, but I feel like most interview processes take a while. I was also anxious to get out of my former job.

Negotiation Details – I spoke with the CFO and told him point blank what I wanted. He told me what they could do and what range they needed me to be in. Our views matched and I ended up with a very nice package that I am satisfied with. I wish I had gotten a raise put into my contract as I did not get one at the end of the year due to their cut off date, but lesson learned on my part.

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cloud Sherpas in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee of the company. I first had a couple of phone screening interviews with the HR Representative, followed by a couple of interviews with Consultants at the firm, and finally an on-site interview with a manager at the New York office. Everyone was very nice and gave their honest opinion about the firm and their experience. Overall it was a very smooth process.

Interview Question – Interview questions were not that difficult, mostly behavioral. Focused on previous professional experiences and why consulting   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cloud Sherpas in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, one phone interview, then 5 office interviews in a row, then offer. Interviews were very casual, employees not intimidating, conversational, had a list of questions to ask on a piece of paper but only asked a few, turned into casual conversation.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns

Full Time - Non-Technical Interview

Full Time - Non-Technical

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cloud Sherpas in April 2014.

Interview Details – The beginning of the process went smoothly and quickly from person to person. There were many interviews, but I expected that based on the role and honestly they were great. People with different perspectives and insights to share, as well as varying questions, so nothing was repetitive. The time between the last interview and the offer was long, but they shared up front that a great deal was going on.

Interview Question – Most questions were about past or experiences, no crazy or trick questions. It was obvious that cultural fit and philosophy were important, so being able to genuine with responses was great.

There were a few "have you done ____" and when I shared yes, the next question was what did you do or how would you do that here given what you have learned about us so far.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's not a lot of wiggleroom, but ranges are set upfront. Our PTO is non-negotiable, so save yourself time on that one.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cloud Sherpas.

Interview Details – The interview process was very quick. I went through 4 phone interviews with different members of the team in various roles. After the first interview I would say it was less than a month before I was hired. Once hired I went through an on boarding process which was excellent and well put together. The entire hiring process was made simple due to the guidance of the HR department and management.

Interview Question – The questions where pretty straight forward for a consulting position. They really wanted to get to know you and how you as an individual would handle various situations.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cloud Sherpas in March 2014.

Interview Details – Both my interviews were over the phone and very personable. They seemed generally interested in getting to you know you personally as well as professionally instead of trying psycho analyze you into a corner by asking you obscure questions.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty straight forward. No beating around the bush so nothing to surprising.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. My requests were simple and it was easy for them to meet them and they did not try to counter my salary request even though I asked on the high side for the position.

Delivery Support Position Interview

Delivery Support Position

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cloud Sherpas.

Interview Details – Initial screening by HR Director followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. After making it past the initial interview, there were two more interviews with internal customers, a VP and a Director.

Interview Question – While not unexpected, it can be a little challenging when asked very broad or open ended questions i.e. what is project methodology to me, what would add the most value and why, and how would I improve it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Position Interview

Human Resources Position
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Cloud Sherpas.

Interview Details – The entire process took a while. Initial contact took place before the holidays in December and I received an offer at the end of February. First contact was made by phone, second interview was also by phone. I had one in office interview where I essentially walked the manager through my previous work experience and applicable skills. Everyone was very friendly and honest during the process. I was contacted for a third phone interview with an out of state manager, however that interview never took place. A second out of state manager contacted me and then I had yet another phone recap with the manger who interviewed me in office. In total I had around 5 interviews. The recruiter also contacted me frequently via email which was a good sign.

Interview Question – I can't say there was a particularly difficult question, but they definitely want to know that you have some type of plan or vision for the future. Make sure you have a 5 year plan or something of the sort.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cloud Sherpas in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process took about a week after my initial application submission. I was invited for an interview in the office. The culture seems very relaxed and filled with young people, but they seem they are still experimenting and working on their organization structure.

Interview Question – Very simple, nothing difficult. "Walk me through your resume and tell me about about your work experience" type questions.   Answer Question

Financial Management Analyst Interview

Financial Management Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cloud Sherpas.

Interview Details – Primarily dealt with in-house recruiters and was a fairly straightforward and quick process. Overall, there were about 3 phone calls, followed by an in-person interview in the office with three of the managers. There was also an Excel based test at the end of the process to verify Excel capabilities.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Cloud Sherpas?

Be sure to apply your previous experience to the current role and provide examples of how you think it would work within the cloud environment.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiation, but they were open to any concerns that I had. It was done through the in-house recruiter.

Worked for Cloud Sherpas? Contribute to the Community!