Cloudmark Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloudmark in June 2015.

Interview

Around 45 minute long initial Telephonic interview. The interview was mostly technical & to the point (without wasting much time getting into details about my current job etc). Goes without saying ... but you have to be good / experienced at what you have applied for. The person interviewing me got back to me in a timely manner after the interview, as he said he would. I couldn't answer some of the questions because i was either not familiar with the area or because i never really had to use those tools extensively in my current position; hence i found them difficult to answer. But overall i felt that the difficulty level of the questions wasn't that high ... so be good at what you are applying for & know your way around the tools/techniques listed in the description.

Interview Questions

• C, UNIX Shell (grep, find, regular expressions etc) and SMTP related questions. Basically went through the job description advertised and asked relevant questions.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cloudmark (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Three ops people and one DBA talked to me. The questions were super easy. They literally asked me to solve FizzBuzz. We talked about some architecture stuff and tuning mysql databases.

Interview Questions

• Someone gave me a printout of an obfuscated perl program and asked me what it did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i asked for 10k more and they gave it to me, they were desperate

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cloudmark (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

1. One hour phone interview with web team manager. 2. Four hours of In-person set of 1:1 interviews with web, database engineers and head of engineering department. 3. Second in person interview cancelled. 4. Job offer in a few days. 5. Started under two weeks later. Very professionally handled interview process. They were more interested in how I went about solving technical problems, than in my arriving at the correct (or any) solution in every case. Be prepared to be interviewed by people not directly related to your job, they will test your extremes.

Interview Questions

• How would you optimize the following Oracle SQL query...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate. They offered me a better position than the one I interviewed for. They offered me what I wanted in salary and a slab of stock as well.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cloudmark in April 2012.

Interview

Pretty simple, you get a phone interview and they ask you some general screening questions. Just to make sure you're not lying on your resume I suppose. Mostly easy programming and Quality concepts. In-person interview has some review of your resume, some real world problems. That kind of thing. Just watch out and be sure to never say a negative thing, ever. No matter how much you get led on. I was dropped for being "Too negative" when the interviewers constantly led me to negative answers. Asked a negative question? Just glaze over it is my best guess. It's not too morale but I guess it's what you gotta do.