Cloudmark

Very Difficult Interview

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cloudmark in February 2011.

Interview Details – 1. One hour phone interview with web team manager.
2. Four hours of In-person set of 1:1 interviews with web, database engineers and head of engineering department.
3. Second in person interview cancelled.
4. Job offer in a few days.
5. Started under two weeks later.

Very professionally handled interview process. They were more interested in how I went about solving technical problems, than in my arriving at the correct (or any) solution in every case.

Be prepared to be interviewed by people not directly related to your job, they will test your extremes.

Interview Question – How would you optimize the following Oracle SQL query...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate. They offered me a better position than the one I interviewed for. They offered me what I wanted in salary and a slab of stock as well.

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cloudmark in April 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty simple, you get a phone interview and they ask you some general screening questions. Just to make sure you're not lying on your resume I suppose. Mostly easy programming and Quality concepts.

In-person interview has some review of your resume, some real world problems. That kind of thing. Just watch out and be sure to never say a negative thing, ever. No matter how much you get led on. I was dropped for being "Too negative" when the interviewers constantly led me to negative answers. Asked a negative question? Just glaze over it is my best guess. It's not too morale but I guess it's what you gotta do.

Interview Question – Implement strcpy in C   View Answer

Worked for Cloudmark? Contribute to the Community!