Club Monaco Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Club Monaco.

I dropped by to leave my résumé and met one of the managers who asked what position I was interested in and what my availability was like. About 2-3 hours later, she gave me a call and set up an interview for the following day. The questions were simple, my interviewer was the general manager and she was very friendly. Be sure to dress according to the brand.

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Club Monaco in July 2014.

Talked to the hiring manager for about 5 minutes. Then scheduled an interview with the general manager within the next week. Spoke with the GM for an hour. Spoke about fashion, personal interests, and the company history.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you think shops at Club Monaco in terms of age range.   Answer Question

I got a full time job offer somewhere else. Otherwise I would have taken this job. Everyone is really nice!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Club Monaco in July 2014.

There are four steps to the interviewing process :
    1.Open Call (20-30 people in a room, brief interview before the interview)
    2.First Interview
    3.Second Interview
    4.Reference check (have three managers and or supervisors, no coworkers)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Club Monaco in June 2014.

Came in asking for summer positions, filled out paperwork, asked to come in for an interview a week later. I came in, and the interview lasted literally under 10 minutes. The interview didn't seem that serious or structured; they only ask you the very basic questions that you would expect at any sales store. They'll ask you why you want to work at Club Monaco, look into your experience... My interviewer (store manager, Dominic) just looked at my job application and asked me about the places I've worked before. Very simple interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Club Monaco?   Answer Question
    • And what is your mission for the future (and what are you doing now to get there)?   Answer Question
    First serious retail position, so no negotiation.

Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Club Monaco in May 2014.

I applied online and was then called in for a group interview where we sat in a room in the basement and spoke about our resumes out loud. Everyone that was waiting for the interview in the back of the store (about 15 of us) for 20 mins before they actually took us in for our group interview. The worst part is the woman who did the interview was 20 mins late because she was gossiping with another employee. Very unprofessional.

Social Media Manager Interview

Had multiple interviews with the team; initially the HR specialist who went over background and resume, then outgoing social media manager, VP of department then top HR manager. They were very thorough and conversational. I enjoyed them all; they were less interviews and more chats. It helped to be quite familiar with the brand, their vibe, what aesthetic they seem to go for, and knowing their brand voice and how to translate that on social channels. It was a fluid process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were rote, typical interview questions and nothing unexpected if you do your research and know the brand. They did get personal and ask about achievements and things that I've been proud to accomplish.   Answer Question

Stock Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Club Monaco.

It was quick and easy. Went in, did some test and they gave me the job. Plus it don't hurt to know the people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Club Monaco in November 2013.

I applied online. Received an email from the company within minutes for an open call the next day. I arrived as directed in the email and i was interviewed on the spot. Interview was very mellow. Not hard at all. The process took about 3 days for my position to be offered.

Interview Questions
    • NO difficult question just know your facts about the store and what the store is about.   Answer Question
    Filling out the application i put my desired salary and they agreed.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through Indeed.com and got a call from the manager not long after to come in for a group interview. There was only one other person who showed up and during the interview we filled out the personality questionnaire (80 questions). This was a Friday and I got a call from the manager I interviewed with the following Monday offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't ask very difficult (or many) questions. She was a new manager and it was her first month so I'm assuming that's why. One of the questions she did ask though was "Tell me about where you were faced with a problem at work and how you solved it"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Club Monaco in November 2013.

It was held in a group forum on 57th street.I had had a phone conversation first prior. There were at minimum 6 or more applicants. Only one person was asked to stay behind for more questions and was asked in my opinion because 1) she was currently employed 2) she Name dropped a celebrity customer name ie and . she already had a book 3) she barely gave any information about herself during the group interview therefore, they really did need to get to know more about her 4) she was dressed head to toe in Designer wear( not MONACO) including a high brand purse and I could give more details but, I would rather forget that day.

For those of us who cannot afford such luxuries , it was a great disappointment to see that we were not to be judged on our individual style but, on the status names of our clothing. Perhaps, I was too sensitive but, it was not a great experience. Frankly, it felt humiliating!

Interview Questions

Worked for Club Monaco? Contribute to the Community!