Club Monaco

Average Difficulty
72 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Club Monaco in June 2014.

Interview Details – Came in asking for summer positions, filled out paperwork, asked to come in for an interview a week later. I came in, and the interview lasted literally under 10 minutes. The interview didn't seem that serious or structured; they only ask you the very basic questions that you would expect at any sales store. They'll ask you why you want to work at Club Monaco, look into your experience... My interviewer (store manager, Dominic) just looked at my job application and asked me about the places I've worked before. Very simple interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – First serious retail position, so no negotiation.

Stylist Interview

Stylist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Club Monaco in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was then called in for a group interview where we sat in a room in the basement and spoke about our resumes out loud. Everyone that was waiting for the interview in the back of the store (about 15 of us) for 20 mins before they actually took us in for our group interview. The worst part is the woman who did the interview was 20 mins late because she was gossiping with another employee. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Why Club Monaco?   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Social Media Manager

Interviewed at Club Monaco

Interview Details – Had multiple interviews with the team; initially the HR specialist who went over background and resume, then outgoing social media manager, VP of department then top HR manager. They were very thorough and conversational. I enjoyed them all; they were less interviews and more chats. It helped to be quite familiar with the brand, their vibe, what aesthetic they seem to go for, and knowing their brand voice and how to translate that on social channels. It was a fluid process.

Interview Question – The questions were rote, typical interview questions and nothing unexpected if you do your research and know the brand. They did get personal and ask about achievements and things that I've been proud to accomplish.   Answer Question

Stock Interview

Stock

I applied in-person and interviewed at Club Monaco.

Interview Details – It was quick and easy. Went in, did some test and they gave me the job. Plus it don't hurt to know the people.

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Club Monaco in July 2012.

Interview Details – I called the store and asked about available positions and they had me come in for a group interview. Had to complete a really long survey/questionnaire before the interview. The interviewer was a little cold but other than that it was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Asked easy things like what my favorite stores to shop at were.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted a job somewhere else before they offered me a position.

Stylist Interview

Stylist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Club Monaco in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Received an email from the company within minutes for an open call the next day. I arrived as directed in the email and i was interviewed on the spot. Interview was very mellow. Not hard at all. The process took about 3 days for my position to be offered.

Interview Question – NO difficult question just know your facts about the store and what the store is about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Filling out the application i put my desired salary and they agreed.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

Interview Details – I applied through Indeed.com and got a call from the manager not long after to come in for a group interview. There was only one other person who showed up and during the interview we filled out the personality questionnaire (80 questions). This was a Friday and I got a call from the manager I interviewed with the following Monday offering me the job.

Interview Question – Didn't ask very difficult (or many) questions. She was a new manager and it was her first month so I'm assuming that's why. One of the questions she did ask though was "Tell me about where you were faced with a problem at work and how you solved it"   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Club Monaco.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call the same day and interview was scheduled the day after. There was one other applicant who was applying and we both got interviewed by the same employee separately. After the interview I got asked to come in for a second interview which consisted of filling out a question-ere.

Interview Question – What is more important, Willingness or experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as this was my first retail job.

Keyholder Interview

Keyholder
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Club Monaco in August 2011.

Interview Details – One interview, solely based on looks and fashion sense. Asked the typicals, "what is your strength", "what is your weekness". The woman then described how she was promoted promptly and made us think we would have a likewise opportunity. This was a group interview, and those who did not fit a specific image were hired either as "temporary" workers, just to work for the store opening, or were dismissed.

Interview Question – Who is your fashion icon?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Club Monaco in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview held outside a coffee shop in the mall. After that your interviewed by the assistant manager during your second interview and then the store manager during your third interview. After that they called and made me an offer. The entire process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Easy, standard retail questions. However, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" is always obnoxious.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Club Monaco? Contribute to the Community!