Club Monaco

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Club Monaco.

Got an application in the store and turned it in with my resume a couple days later. The store manager called me within a few days and we scheduled an interview within less than a week. The interview was extremely relaxed. Went to an empty table outside the store and had a quick group interview (two people didn't show up, so it ended up being just me and another girl). I got a call back within a few days and she made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when a customer was being diifficult and what did you do solve it?   View Answer
    No negotiation. You write down what you want on the application and they will make you an offer if you get the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Club Monaco.

After one in person interview with the Store Manager, I had a follow up phone interview with the DM. VERY easy interview. Basic questions, the DM did give some examples of situations and asked how I would handle them. Pretty standard process overall for retail management.

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Club Monaco in October 2014.

I applied online through a job posting website and was emailed back the next day by one of the managers asking me to come in for an interview. This process went quickly and I came in for an interview. It was a group interview which I didn't expect but we were asked 5 basic questions regarding our past work experience in retail

low pay

Key Holder Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Club Monaco in September 2014.

Interview was two step. The first part was typical, a sit down conversation asking about previous experiences. The second part was putting together a few outfit choices. After that they let me know that they would be in touch.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Club Monaco.

I dropped by to leave my résumé and met one of the managers who asked what position I was interested in and what my availability was like. About 2-3 hours later, she gave me a call and set up an interview for the following day. The questions were simple, my interviewer was the general manager and she was very friendly. Be sure to dress according to the brand.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Club Monaco in July 2014.

Talked to the hiring manager for about 5 minutes. Then scheduled an interview with the general manager within the next week. Spoke with the GM for an hour. Spoke about fashion, personal interests, and the company history.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you think shops at Club Monaco in terms of age range.   Answer Question

I got a full time job offer somewhere else. Otherwise I would have taken this job. Everyone is really nice!

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Club Monaco in July 2014.

There are four steps to the interviewing process :
    1.Open Call (20-30 people in a room, brief interview before the interview)
    2.First Interview
    3.Second Interview
    4.Reference check (have three managers and or supervisors, no coworkers)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Club Monaco in June 2014.

Came in asking for summer positions, filled out paperwork, asked to come in for an interview a week later. I came in, and the interview lasted literally under 10 minutes. The interview didn't seem that serious or structured; they only ask you the very basic questions that you would expect at any sales store. They'll ask you why you want to work at Club Monaco, look into your experience... My interviewer (store manager, Dominic) just looked at my job application and asked me about the places I've worked before. Very simple interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Club Monaco?   Answer Question
    • And what is your mission for the future (and what are you doing now to get there)?   Answer Question
    First serious retail position, so no negotiation.

Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Club Monaco in May 2014.

I applied online and was then called in for a group interview where we sat in a room in the basement and spoke about our resumes out loud. Everyone that was waiting for the interview in the back of the store (about 15 of us) for 20 mins before they actually took us in for our group interview. The worst part is the woman who did the interview was 20 mins late because she was gossiping with another employee. Very unprofessional.

Social Media Manager Interview

Had multiple interviews with the team; initially the HR specialist who went over background and resume, then outgoing social media manager, VP of department then top HR manager. They were very thorough and conversational. I enjoyed them all; they were less interviews and more chats. It helped to be quite familiar with the brand, their vibe, what aesthetic they seem to go for, and knowing their brand voice and how to translate that on social channels. It was a fluid process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were rote, typical interview questions and nothing unexpected if you do your research and know the brand. They did get personal and ask about achievements and things that I've been proud to accomplish.   Answer Question