Club Monaco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.3

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Club Monaco in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was then called in for a group interview where we sat in a room in the basement and spoke about our resumes out loud. Everyone that was waiting for the interview in the back of the store (about 15 of us) for 20 mins before they actually took us in for our group interview. The worst part is the woman who did the interview was 20 mins late because she was gossiping with another employee. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Interview

Had multiple interviews with the team; initially the HR specialist who went over background and resume, then outgoing social media manager, VP of department then top HR manager. They were very thorough and conversational. I enjoyed them all; they were less interviews and more chats. It helped to be quite familiar with the brand, their vibe, what aesthetic they seem to go for, and knowing their brand voice and how to translate that on social channels. It was a fluid process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were rote, typical interview questions and nothing unexpected if you do your research and know the brand. They did get personal and ask about achievements and things that I've been proud to accomplish.   Answer Question

Stock Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Club Monaco.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Went in, did some test and they gave me the job. Plus it don't hurt to know the people.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Club Monaco (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

It was held in a group forum on 57th street.I had had a phone conversation first prior. There were at minimum 6 or more applicants. Only one person was asked to stay behind for more questions and was asked in my opinion because 1) she was currently employed 2) she Name dropped a celebrity customer name ie and . she already had a book 3) she barely gave any information about herself during the group interview therefore, they really did need to get to know more about her 4) she was dressed head to toe in Designer wear( not MONACO) including a high brand purse and I could give more details but, I would rather forget that day.

For those of us who cannot afford such luxuries , it was a great disappointment to see that we were not to be judged on our individual style but, on the status names of our clothing. Perhaps, I was too sensitive but, it was not a great experience. Frankly, it felt humiliating!

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Club Monaco (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email from the company within minutes for an open call the next day. I arrived as directed in the email and i was interviewed on the spot. Interview was very mellow. Not hard at all. The process took about 3 days for my position to be offered.

Interview Questions

• NO difficult question just know your facts about the store and what the store is about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Filling out the application i put my desired salary and they agreed.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Club Monaco in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com and got a call from the manager not long after to come in for a group interview. There was only one other person who showed up and during the interview we filled out the personality questionnaire (80 questions). This was a Friday and I got a call from the manager I interviewed with the following Monday offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask very difficult (or many) questions. She was a new manager and it was her first month so I'm assuming that's why. One of the questions she did ask though was "Tell me about where you were faced with a problem at work and how you solved it"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Club Monaco.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call the same day and interview was scheduled the day after. There was one other applicant who was applying and we both got interviewed by the same employee separately. After the interview I got asked to come in for a second interview which consisted of filling out a question-ere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as this was my first retail job.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Club Monaco (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

It was first round of interviews with HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Mostly general questions related to the field and nothing specific   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Club Monaco in July 2013.

Interview

I learned of the career opportunity through indeed.com. I uploaded my resume and filled out an online application. Within hours, I received a call from the store manager. We spoke, set up a time to meet (with in 24 hours of receipt of my resume). We met before store hours over coffee. She was prepared and full of relevant questions for me. The interview was relaxed and I enjoyed our exchange. I am hopeful to have the opportunity to get called back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the interviewers questions were unexpected or difficult. I was able to comfortably and confidently answer all of her questions, while giving relevant and genuine explanations.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Club Monaco (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I met with a lovely person in HR and had a great chat about the position and my qualifications. After some back and forth about meeting with a manager, my interview with him was canceled and I was funneled directly to the VP.

I arrived for an early morning interview with her, and it was the worst interview experience I've ever had. She was cold toward me from the second I met her and insanely rude throughout the 10 or 15 minutes that I managed to sit in her office. The first words out of her mouth were "I'm not sure why HR sent you to me," and she then proceeded to tell me all of the ways in which I was not qualified to work for her. If I wasn't what she was looking for, that's totally fine. But treating someone who bothered to come in to meet with you like a major inconvenience is a red flag to me. I'm actually grateful that I avoided working for her.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect to be grilled about all of the reasons I was not qualified for this position.   Answer Question