Club Monaco Stylist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Club Monaco (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

There are four steps to the interviewing process : 1.Open Call (20-30 people in a room, brief interview before the interview) 2.First Interview 3.Second Interview 4.Reference check (have three managers and or supervisors, no coworkers)

Other Interview Reviews for Club Monaco

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Club Monaco in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was then called in for a group interview where we sat in a room in the basement and spoke about our resumes out loud. Everyone that was waiting for the interview in the back of the store (about 15 of us) for 20 mins before they actually took us in for our group interview. The worst part is the woman who did the interview was 20 mins late because she was gossiping with another employee. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Club Monaco (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email from the company within minutes for an open call the next day. I arrived as directed in the email and i was interviewed on the spot. Interview was very mellow. Not hard at all. The process took about 3 days for my position to be offered.

Interview Questions

• NO difficult question just know your facts about the store and what the store is about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Filling out the application i put my desired salary and they agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Club Monaco (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. Went into the store on a Wednesday. The store manager asked me to come back the next day for an interview. Had the interview and was called for the position on the following Monday

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions. Nothing too difficult. Be prepared to talk about the direction "Club" is going in   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Club Monaco (New York, NY).

Interview

Came in the day a friend of mine worked there. She introduced me to the general manager and I told her I was looking for a part time job. She was incredibly friendly and the only question she asked me is if I had any retail experience ( I did but you don't necessarily need it). I filled out an application and questionnaire. Four hours later, I got a call that I was accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

came in and gave a resume and then they asked me to stay for a group interview. after the group interview got allied back three hours later to come in and do a survey. I am still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• questions were simple. make yourself noticed and give different answers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Club Monaco (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

I walked in asking if they were hiring, and they gave me a job application and told me there would be a group interview at 3pm if I was interested. I came back at that time, and interviewed with maybe eight other people. They really get down to business. I remember talking to the other candidates after the interview was over, and one described the process as "aggressive" (although I thought they were very nice and professional). Everyone who worked there was also beautiful and stylish. Stylish I would expect, but I almost thought they only hired beautiful people. After the group interview was done, a few of us had to fill out an extra form because we were walk-ins. While I was filling it out the manager pulled me aside and I had another mini-interview; less formal and much easier. I think he talked to everyone.

Interview Questions

• Let's start by introducing ourselves. Go around and say your name, where you're from, your major if you're in college, and a fun fact about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult conversation you had with your supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Describe situation in a previous job where you had to be very detail-oriented and work under pressure.   Answer Question
    • Why do want to work at Club Monaco?   Answer Question
    • Describe your own personal style (favorite designers, where you shop, etc.).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Club Monaco (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I called into the store asking if they were hiring and then came into the store and filled out a application the same day. After not hearing from them a week later, I called in to follow up and the next day the assistant manager called me for a group interview. I had an internship that day so I was unable to do a group interview, so she let me have a 1 on 1 interview with her. We talked for about 30 mins before she asked me to fill out an ethics questionnaire (basically the same one as Urbanoutfitters). Later that day she called me asking for me to come in again the next day to meet the manager. Spoke to the manager for about 20 minutes and will find out in a day if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a pair of jeans?   Answer Question
    • What is your customer service background? Provide an example of a time you showed a customer excellent service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Club Monaco (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

i applied to Ralph Lauren Locations and brought my resume in person when I was indicated by an employee that they have a affiliated store (Club Monaco) and that I should apply there. They did their job by scheduling interviews.... just didnt do it well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Club Monaco (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I originally spoke on the phone with the assistant store manager who told me when to stop by for an in person conversation. I ended up being interviewed by the store manager. They had me fill out the personality questionnaire which was then followed by a few questions. Overall, it was a brief interview because I had already working with the assistant store manager before.