Co-operative Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Co-operative Group in October 2014.

Took months poor communication given wrong dates for assessment then given wrong time on email confirmation expected to travel at own cost then took 3 months to get a final reply I was already aware the position had been given already to internal candidate by the store staff i applied for before the assessment day. I knew it was pointless but went anyway. Dishonest about vacancies do yourself a favor and check for store your applying for doesn't already have a new manager in it just as an extra every single person at assessment day was male including all the ops managers and assessors i think they need to review this!

Interview Questions
    • a serious of tasks about financial information cost sales staff turnover and engagement and little role plays in room with an ops manager all answers point towards customer service and being an agony aunt to the staff i got scores after 2 weeks and passed but really.   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Co-operative Group.

Handed my CV in was contacted immediately due to knowing someone who already worked there. Asked to come in for an interview, was interviewed by two managers. Basic questions, felt as though i had the job and the questions were just mandatory.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions,

What would you do if a customer asked for your help finding a particular item
      What 3 things make good customer service

Answer Question

Customer Team Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Co-operative Group.

preffers the application form method. however a cv with it really helps. Dont ask for a certain amount of hours you get given 10 but with work 30-50 hours depending so if you become ill your screwed. you will get a call from the DM or supervisor about when to come for an interveiw then it is just a general chat and a questionaire to fill out

you were told what you would get at interveiw

Customer Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Co-operative Group.

Hiring process was nice and bright. Walked in, filled application and got songs about how great is their company, that will get great packages and competetive salary. Asked what hours are you ready to work, what you bring to our company, and that was it.

Promissed one, with the very first payslip got much more less than promissed. After conversation with manager about where are promissed hours, left company as never got more than 16 per week, when job advert stated 36 and more. When asked to relocate to stores which are short of staff, asked not to "manage managers" as they knows best.

Customer Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Co-operative Group in July 2013.

I handed in a CV to a member of staff while looking for work. At the time the staff member said they had no current vacancies, however i was contacted over a week later an invited in for an interview.
    The interview was on a Saturday at 5pm and sat the standard sort of one to one interview with the typical competency based questions such as 'Can you recall a time where you had to meet a deadline' and 'Can you talk about a time where you lead a project to completion'
    Afterwards i asked about the training process for the job and was told to expect a call from the store manager about starting work with the company.

Interview Questions
    • One which caught me off guard was 'If employed what would you do to improve sales within our stores' Really stumped me as customer sales is down to company reputation and public perception rather than what you do in store as that is dictated by the company.   Answer Question

SAS Analyst Interview

Worked as a contractor. Some of the coworkers were helpful and friendly but as the department I was working was going through a restructure, this meant some people were being made redundant. This made it a the atmosphere a little less welcoming at times.

Interview Questions
    • Not applicable to me as I didn't go for an interview, as I worked as a contractor.   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Co-operative Group in April 2013.

Applied online and was contacted within 3 days for an initial HR check.
    Had an initial phone interview later that week, which went very well.
    Was offered a face to face interview at quite short notice (4 days away; Friday) and I accepted. Was called 2 days before the interview (Weds) saying that the recruitment for that role had been placed on hold, and the interview had been postponed.

Waited 2 weeks, and contacted HR via phone.
    HR got back to me after a few days to say the posiiton had been filled.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a very difficult employee who was due to retire in the next 12 months; how would you manage them?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Co-operative Group in February 2013.

clear interview process - well communicated. behavioural based interview on common management behaviours such as leadership, managing self, thinking etc. these are based around scenarios that you need to breakdown into stories with a start, middle and end.

Interview Questions
    • what don't you like about your current role; tell me a time when a project thaw gone wrong   Answer Question

CTM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Co-operative Group in September 2010.

Wasn't really interviewed. Had a telephone interview with the duty manager to discuss my application but very basic, then an 1:1 interview to discuss hours etc. and was given the job straightaway

Customer Team Member (CTM) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Co-operative Group in August 2010.

More just a formal Q and A than an actual interview. Judging by some of the staff I worked with, there is no vetting for professionalism or ability. Seems like they are just crying for people a the moment.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked of me was my national insurance number.   Answer Question
    What negotiation?