Co-operative Group

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Team Member

I applied in-person and interviewed at Co-operative Group.

Interview Details – preffers the application form method. however a cv with it really helps. Dont ask for a certain amount of hours you get given 10 but with work 30-50 hours depending so if you become ill your screwed. you will get a call from the DM or supervisor about when to come for an interveiw then it is just a general chat and a questionaire to fill out

Negotiation Details – you were told what you would get at interveiw

Customer Team Member (CTM) Interview

Customer Team Member (CTM)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Co-operative Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – More just a formal Q and A than an actual interview. Judging by some of the staff I worked with, there is no vetting for professionalism or ability. Seems like they are just crying for people a the moment.

Interview Question – The most difficult question asked of me was my national insurance number.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What negotiation?

CTM Interview

CTM
Bath, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Co-operative Group in September 2010.

Interview Details – Wasn't really interviewed. Had a telephone interview with the duty manager to discuss my application but very basic, then an 1:1 interview to discuss hours etc. and was given the job straightaway

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Co-operative Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – clear interview process - well communicated. behavioural based interview on common management behaviours such as leadership, managing self, thinking etc. these are based around scenarios that you need to breakdown into stories with a start, middle and end.

Interview Question – what don't you like about your current role; tell me a time when a project thaw gone wrong   Answer Question

Customer Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Co-operative Group.

Interview Details – Hiring process was nice and bright. Walked in, filled application and got songs about how great is their company, that will get great packages and competetive salary. Asked what hours are you ready to work, what you bring to our company, and that was it.

Reason for Declining – Promissed one, with the very first payslip got much more less than promissed. After conversation with manager about where are promissed hours, left company as never got more than 16 per week, when job advert stated 36 and more. When asked to relocate to stores which are short of staff, asked not to "manage managers" as they knows best.

Leicester, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Co-operative Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – I handed in a CV to a member of staff while looking for work. At the time the staff member said they had no current vacancies, however i was contacted over a week later an invited in for an interview.
The interview was on a Saturday at 5pm and sat the standard sort of one to one interview with the typical competency based questions such as 'Can you recall a time where you had to meet a deadline' and 'Can you talk about a time where you lead a project to completion'
Afterwards i asked about the training process for the job and was told to expect a call from the store manager about starting work with the company.

Interview Question – One which caught me off guard was 'If employed what would you do to improve sales within our stores' Really stumped me as customer sales is down to company reputation and public perception rather than what you do in store as that is dictated by the company.   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

Facilities Manager
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Co-operative Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within 3 days for an initial HR check.
Had an initial phone interview later that week, which went very well.
Was offered a face to face interview at quite short notice (4 days away; Friday) and I accepted. Was called 2 days before the interview (Weds) saying that the recruitment for that role had been placed on hold, and the interview had been postponed.

Waited 2 weeks, and contacted HR via phone.
HR got back to me after a few days to say the posiiton had been filled.

Interview Question – If you had a very difficult employee who was due to retire in the next 12 months; how would you manage them?   Answer Question

SAS Analyst Interview

SAS Analyst

Interviewed at Co-operative Group

Interview Details – Worked as a contractor. Some of the coworkers were helpful and friendly but as the department I was working was going through a restructure, this meant some people were being made redundant. This made it a the atmosphere a little less welcoming at times.

Interview Question – Not applicable to me as I didn't go for an interview, as I worked as a contractor.   Answer Question

Senior IS Auditor Interview

Senior IS Auditor
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Co-operative Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – 2 people - Head of Internal Audit and another IT Auditor. Lots of questions. The building should have set the alarm bells ringing.

Negotiation Details – All done through the agent. ASk for more money!

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Customer Service Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Co-operative Group in November 2009.

Interview Details – I walked into the store to purchase an item, and the Duty Manager asked me if I wanted a job. I was looking at the time, so made arrangements for an interview a few days later. The interview was incredibly informal and laid back, and I was offered the job before the interview was concluded.

Interview Questions

Worked for Co-operative Group? Contribute to the Community!