CoStar Group

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CoStar Group.

Interview Details – QUICK! 2 phone screenings, 2 face to face.

Interview Question – None that I can think of...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave one demand & they met it

Interviewed at CoStar Group

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, phone interview with manager, in-person interview with manager, in-person mock sales presentation with group.

Interview Question – Asked very specific questions about former employers, even when they were quite a ways back in time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate anything. They insisted that their "Package" is non-negotiable.

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CoStar Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – 1st interview: Interview was about 2 hours with the Regional Director.
2nd interview: Interview with colleagues, so you have understand the work load. To understand the expectations, atmosphere, daily routines of an account executive.
3rd interview: Do power point presentation in front of 3-4 people, include the a VP. They want to make sure you can present to clients well, no stage freight, etc.

Interview Question – They went through the positive and negatives of every job you listed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on base salary. You have to turn in a few yrs of income tax returns, and they determine the base.

Atlanta, GA

Interview Details – 1 Phone interview with in house recruiter, 1 in person with Regional Director, and 1 role play with Regional Director and Regional VP (in person w/ RD and video conference w/ RVP simultaneously)

Interview Question – All the usuals. Tell me about your job history. Why the change? Be super prepared for the role play.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate the base higher without success. Was told I could send in W2s but it may delay my hire date as they review.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CoStar Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process. 1 phone interview, then 3 additional face to face interviews. Good experience.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CoStar Group in June 2009.

Interview Details – Asked basic behavioral questions and then asked that I sell costar to him. Also, I had to create a presentation and sell to HR, VP West sales, Regional director of OC.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary. They look at your last three employers and run the numbers.

Irvine, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at CoStar Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very friendly phone interview with recruiter. She was easy to talk to and very professional. Shje asked questions about job experience, discussed the position and would have set up an in-person interview but the timing was not right for me. This recruiter was professional and had a great personality.

Interview Question – Why did you leave one job to go to the next?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Bad timing but would very much hope to be considering down the road

Worked for CoStar Group? Contribute to the Community!