CoStar Group

Employer Engaged

CoStar Group Account Executive Interview Questions

3.2

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CoStar Group.

QUICK! 2 phone screenings, 2 face to face.

Interview Questions
I gave one demand & they met it

Other Interview Reviews for CoStar Group

Account Executive Interview

Phone interview with HR, phone interview with manager, in-person interview with manager, in-person mock sales presentation with group.

Interview Questions
    • Asked very specific questions about former employers, even when they were quite a ways back in time.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate anything. They insisted that their "Package" is non-negotiable.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CoStar Group in December 2012.

1st interview: Interview was about 2 hours with the Regional Director.
    2nd interview: Interview with colleagues, so you have understand the work load. To understand the expectations, atmosphere, daily routines of an account executive.
    3rd interview: Do power point presentation in front of 3-4 people, include the a VP. They want to make sure you can present to clients well, no stage freight, etc.

Interview Questions
    • They went through the positive and negatives of every job you listed   Answer Question
    No negotiation on base salary. You have to turn in a few yrs of income tax returns, and they determine the base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

1 Phone interview with in house recruiter, 1 in person with Regional Director, and 1 role play with Regional Director and Regional VP (in person w/ RD and video conference w/ RVP simultaneously)

Interview Questions
    • All the usuals. Tell me about your job history. Why the change? Be super prepared for the role play.   Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate the base higher without success. Was told I could send in W2s but it may delay my hire date as they review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CoStar Group in December 2011.

Very thorough interview process. 1 phone interview, then 3 additional face to face interviews. Good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at CoStar Group in August 2010.

Very friendly phone interview with recruiter. She was easy to talk to and very professional. Shje asked questions about job experience, discussed the position and would have set up an in-person interview but the timing was not right for me. This recruiter was professional and had a great personality.

Interview Questions

Bad timing but would very much hope to be considering down the road

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CoStar Group in June 2009.

Asked basic behavioral questions and then asked that I sell costar to him. Also, I had to create a presentation and sell to HR, VP West sales, Regional director of OC.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on salary. They look at your last three employers and run the numbers.