CoStar Group

2.5

Senior News Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CoStar Group in February 2013.

Resume was submitted with full list of experience, accolades, recommendations from past employers, etc. A few phone interviews were conducted and the process took quite a while, but I imagine it was because they took care in their selection.

They were willing to negotiate within in a small range. The company is large, so know position levels and what they are willing to pay based on experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CoStar Group in October 2009.

They called me on the phone and asked me questions over the phone. Then they invited me for a second Interview. I went in and took a test and then got Interviewed for about an hour by a Manager, he asked a lot of the questions over and over but in a diffrent way. Then I sat with an RA for half an hour to get the feel of the job. Then I went and Interviewed with the director for about half an hour. The next day I got a call with an offer.

Nope not able to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

The process took a weekinterviewed at CoStar Group in August 2009.

1. Initial phone interview with hr rep, about 30 mins, historical, behavioral questions
    2. In person interview expect to be there 3-4hrs.
     First you have to complete a computerized skill test, fairly simple.
    Second is a historical and behavioral interview with a manager, about 90 mins
    Third sit with a current researcher and see what they do, this is a good way to see the job first hand, lasts about 30 minutes.
    Lastly you have a brief 30 minute interview with the director.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in commercial real estate research?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CoStar Group in July 2009.

Applied through my school's career center website, got a call back a few days later. Took a phone interview which lasted roughly 30 minutes. After that, got invited for an in person interview, which was comprised of a cakewalk computer skills test, shadowing an employee, interview with a manager, and interview with a director. Got an offer a few days later. Entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was so bland that no questions can be really recalled. Just expect cookie cutter behavioral stuff.   Answer Question
    All the job ads clearly laid out the salary and benefits package beforehand, so I did not really negotiate. This being an entry level position, I had the feeling there was little negotiation involved any way.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CoStar Group in February 2009.

Phone Interview, 1:1 interview, skill test, background test, and drug test.