CoStar Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior News Editor Interview

Senior News Editor
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CoStar Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Resume was submitted with full list of experience, accolades, recommendations from past employers, etc. A few phone interviews were conducted and the process took quite a while, but I imagine it was because they took care in their selection.

Negotiation Details – They were willing to negotiate within in a small range. The company is large, so know position levels and what they are willing to pay based on experience

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CoStar Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, 1:1 interview, skill test, background test, and drug test.

Interview Question – How do you handle change?   Answer Question

Columbia, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CoStar Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – They called me on the phone and asked me questions over the phone. Then they invited me for a second Interview. I went in and took a test and then got Interviewed for about an hour by a Manager, he asked a lot of the questions over and over but in a diffrent way. Then I sat with an RA for half an hour to get the feel of the job. Then I went and Interviewed with the director for about half an hour. The next day I got a call with an offer.

Interview Question – How are you able to handel change ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope not able to

Bethesda, MD

The process took 1 week - interviewed at CoStar Group in August 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Initial phone interview with hr rep, about 30 mins, historical, behavioral questions
2. In person interview expect to be there 3-4hrs.
 First you have to complete a computerized skill test, fairly simple.
Second is a historical and behavioral interview with a manager, about 90 mins
Third sit with a current researcher and see what they do, this is a good way to see the job first hand, lasts about 30 minutes.
Lastly you have a brief 30 minute interview with the director.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in commercial real estate research?   Answer Question

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CoStar Group in July 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's career center website, got a call back a few days later. Took a phone interview which lasted roughly 30 minutes. After that, got invited for an in person interview, which was comprised of a cakewalk computer skills test, shadowing an employee, interview with a manager, and interview with a director. Got an offer a few days later. Entire process took about a week.

Interview Question – The interview was so bland that no questions can be really recalled. Just expect cookie cutter behavioral stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All the job ads clearly laid out the salary and benefits package beforehand, so I did not really negotiate. This being an entry level position, I had the feeling there was little negotiation involved any way.

Worked for CoStar Group? Contribute to the Community!