CoStar Group Interview Questions in Maryland

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at CoStar Group (Rockville, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

They do not take your resume into consideration and the experiences you have acquired. In case you want to be stuck on a phone calling clients 60% of the time doing some marketing, then stay with Costar. If you want a career path, then move on and search somewhere else because Costar is not worth it.

Interview Questions

• What is the Research Associate Role?   1 Answer

I do not see myself in a marketing role

Senior News Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CoStar Group (Baltimore, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Resume was submitted with full list of experience, accolades, recommendations from past employers, etc. A few phone interviews were conducted and the process took quite a while, but I imagine it was because they took care in their selection.

Negotiation

They were willing to negotiate within in a small range. The company is large, so know position levels and what they are willing to pay based on experience

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CoStar Group (Bethesda, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

Series of interviews ending in a mock presentation to the hiring manager. Personality and cognitive testing was used as well. Interviews with HR, line manager and a senior sales leader. The final step was the mock presentation.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are the CoStar rep and sell us CoStar. Pretend we are a company for which you have done discovery. Show us why costar is the solution for us and then give us a live demo.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a fairly "take it or leave it" affair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CoStar Group (White Marsh, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

A lot of marketing of their product to get you to understand how it works. They take you on a a tour of the offices, give you an overview of what an RA's day looks like, let you meet a few friendly people. They're a mill that just churns out RA's, so they're not looking for anything special in candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you find interesting about real estate? Can you name the parties involved in a real estate deal? Do you feel comfortable cold calling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CoStar Group (Columbia, MD) in October 2009.

Interview

They called me on the phone and asked me questions over the phone. Then they invited me for a second Interview. I went in and took a test and then got Interviewed for about an hour by a Manager, he asked a lot of the questions over and over but in a diffrent way. Then I sat with an RA for half an hour to get the feel of the job. Then I went and Interviewed with the director for about half an hour. The next day I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope not able to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at CoStar Group (Bethesda, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

1. Initial phone interview with hr rep, about 30 mins, historical, behavioral questions 2. In person interview expect to be there 3-4hrs. First you have to complete a computerized skill test, fairly simple. Second is a historical and behavioral interview with a manager, about 90 mins Third sit with a current researcher and see what they do, this is a good way to see the job first hand, lasts about 30 minutes. Lastly you have a brief 30 minute interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in commercial real estate research?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CoStar Group (Bethesda, MD) in July 2009.

Interview

Applied through my school's career center website, got a call back a few days later. Took a phone interview which lasted roughly 30 minutes. After that, got invited for an in person interview, which was comprised of a cakewalk computer skills test, shadowing an employee, interview with a manager, and interview with a director. Got an offer a few days later. Entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• The interview was so bland that no questions can be really recalled. Just expect cookie cutter behavioral stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All the job ads clearly laid out the salary and benefits package beforehand, so I did not really negotiate. This being an entry level position, I had the feeling there was little negotiation involved any way.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CoStar Group (Bethesda, MD) in February 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview, 1:1 interview, skill test, background test, and drug test.