CoStar Group

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CoStar Group in May 2009.

submitted application online, got a call back for a phone interview two-three weeks later, then got asked for an in-person interview. At in person interview, did one skills test, and met with two managers. Recieved an offer the following week. Also had to clear a background check and a drug test.

People that work here are relatively young, out of college 1-5 years. Although this is a real estate reasearch company, most people don't have a real estate background, and have lame college degrees if any (ie history, women studies, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • No difficult Q's. All were typical behavioral questions.   View Answer
    Due to the crappy economy, I did not negotiate my salary. Although in retrospect I should have. When I applied for this job I really didn't intend to stay at it for more than 1 yr, so I wouldn't have anything to lose by asking for a higher base. Base starts at $40K, although if you have a legit college degree (ie business, real estate, finance, acctg, planning) and related real estate experience, you should def ask for $40K to $44K.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CoStar Group in May 2009.

It starts off with a phone interview. Then about a week later they call you in for an in person interview where you speak with the head of hr, then interview with a manager, and then finally by a director. If you got the job, they inform you within a couple of days.

Interview Questions