CoStar Group Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.5

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. You first start off with a call from CoStar, once you pass the phone interview you have a meeting at there Head Quarters in Washington, D.C. During your second interview you meet with a Research Manager, a Research Associate, and a Research Director. Once you pass that stage you find out if you are hired a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

Extremely easy. Submitted resume, phone interview, approval. Drug test, sign the contract. It kind of felt like a call center or factory job with the ease of getting an offer. They were very rigid about getting the drug test within 24 hours of the phone interview (it was a weekend, so that was difficult). I actually was living in NJ at the time and relocated to DC for the job (no moving expense offer). The woman that interviewed me on the phone was not even in the department I would be in, just a simple HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Best/Worst skills, College experience, Information about the company   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and set up a Phone Interview. I did the interview and never heard back from them. I sent a follow up email but recieved no response there either. It is common curtesy to atleast confirm or deny I'm still in the running for the position especially since they contacted me.

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initial phone screen. Questions were straight forward, standard behavioral questions. This was followed by an in-person interview in their DC office with Research Managers. The questions delved deeper into my resume and qualifications as opposed to behavioral questions. The interviewers seemed unprepared with one doing all the talking and the other just listening.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade those unwilling to speak with you to divulge information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

1. You are invited to an orientation on-campus after your resume fits their requirements.
    2. If they find you a good fit, you are invited to their HQ for whole day of interviews as well as given an overview of what the position would entail.

Interview Questions

• How will your experiences in the past contribute to your ability as a potential Research Associate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

First met Costar at our career fair. Very nice and engaging recruiters. one online interview and two personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain tough problem you encountered in the past and what you did to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, full salary and benefits

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied through the campus career site and was contacted by a recruiter for a brief phone interview. She asked about my interest in commercial real estate and gave me a chance to ask questions. Next was an awkward video interview, and then an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview was entirely behavioral. Next was the interview in DC. This was exactly the same as the on-campus interview. Interviewed with a research manager and a research director. Both were supposed to be behavioral, but in the interview with the director, he asked me why I wanted the position. He harped on the cold-calling and how boring the position is. He told me I was overqualified and asked many times why I was even interviewing for this position. Overall, CoStar is looking for moldable people who are going to do what they are told. Intelligence or your GPA are not even factors, they just want people who will blindly obey. Would be a good opportunity to get in with CoStar, but from my conversation, the manager told me I would be stifled at CoStar. Our conversation was very telling that there was no future for me with CoStar. Thought it was interesting that a manager would say this.

Interview Questions

• What have you recently learned about CoStar in the news?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

took about 3 hours, met with director, research manager and hr recruiter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its a all-set position, no negotiating

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial interview to see my interest. I was invited to interview in their headquarters. The interview took the whole day in their new and impressive facilities. I met with about 3 different managers all generally asking the same questions. Why was I interested and where I wanted to be in a few years. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class at school that is unrelated to the industry and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interviewed in December for the DC office, still have not heard if I will be offered a position. Frustrating that they could invited me into an interview and still not tell me whether or not they would offer me a position. I had an interview on campus and then an all day interview at the office, seems unprofessional that they expect me to wait around this long for them. I don't graduate until May, but they should still let me know.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in commercial real estate? Nothing too out there   Answer Question