CoStar Group Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

2.6

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CoStar Group.

Initial phone screen. Questions were straight forward, standard behavioral questions. This was followed by an in-person interview in their DC office with Research Managers. The questions delved deeper into my resume and qualifications as opposed to behavioral questions. The interviewers seemed unprepared with one doing all the talking and the other just listening.

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade those unwilling to speak with you to divulge information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CoStar Group in February 2013.

1. You are invited to an orientation on-campus after your resume fits their requirements.
    2. If they find you a good fit, you are invited to their HQ for whole day of interviews as well as given an overview of what the position would entail.

Interview Questions
    • How will your experiences in the past contribute to your ability as a potential Research Associate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CoStar Group in November 2013.

First met Costar at our career fair. Very nice and engaging recruiters. one online interview and two personal interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Explain tough problem you encountered in the past and what you did to fix it?   Answer Question
    no negotiation, full salary and benefits

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at CoStar Group.

Applied through the campus career site and was contacted by a recruiter for a brief phone interview. She asked about my interest in commercial real estate and gave me a chance to ask questions. Next was an awkward video interview, and then an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview was entirely behavioral. Next was the interview in DC. This was exactly the same as the on-campus interview. Interviewed with a research manager and a research director. Both were supposed to be behavioral, but in the interview with the director, he asked me why I wanted the position. He harped on the cold-calling and how boring the position is. He told me I was overqualified and asked many times why I was even interviewing for this position. Overall, CoStar is looking for moldable people who are going to do what they are told. Intelligence or your GPA are not even factors, they just want people who will blindly obey. Would be a good opportunity to get in with CoStar, but from my conversation, the manager told me I would be stifled at CoStar. Our conversation was very telling that there was no future for me with CoStar. Thought it was interesting that a manager would say this.

Interview Questions
    • What have you recently learned about CoStar in the news?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CoStar Group in September 2012.

took about 3 hours, met with director, research manager and hr recruiter

Interview Questions
    its a all-set position, no negotiating

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CoStar Group in March 2013.

Initial interview to see my interest. I was invited to interview in their headquarters. The interview took the whole day in their new and impressive facilities. I met with about 3 different managers all generally asking the same questions. Why was I interested and where I wanted to be in a few years. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite class at school that is unrelated to the industry and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at CoStar Group.

Interviewed in December for the DC office, still have not heard if I will be offered a position. Frustrating that they could invited me into an interview and still not tell me whether or not they would offer me a position. I had an interview on campus and then an all day interview at the office, seems unprofessional that they expect me to wait around this long for them. I don't graduate until May, but they should still let me know.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in commercial real estate? Nothing too out there   Answer Question

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CoStar Group.

Two interview process. Cell rang during second interview, still got job. Must pass drug test.

$40k per year, no negotiation.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CoStar Group in March 2012.

Usually starts with a detailed phone screening call from recruiter, followed by a call-back for an interview with hiring manager and director.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated an extra week of vacation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CoStar Group in August 2011.

First interview was phone interview with HR. Asked general questions about my background and some situational questions (how I deal with stress and pressure, an example of leadership and teamwork). Second interview was with a Research Manager at the company's HQ in DC. She asked me general questions again as well as more about my interest in the position. The second half of the interview was with a Director which was even more laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to manage a workload under pressure   Answer Question

Worked for CoStar Group? Contribute to the Community!