Coach Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach.

Interview

A group interview, with personality questions and questions concerning details of the company. First interview was a group interview with two hiring managers. Second interview was one on one with the manager of the department I was applying for. Background check once hired and a 90 day probation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Coach

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Coach (Chicago, IL).

Interview

External hire - interviewed with DM about store location job expectations, requirements, etc. Went through resume. Talked through expectations of company. Meeting sales goals, style, fashion, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coach (Portland, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

Position is typically hired from within. Management will continuously look at their current staff for bench potential. You must be doing the job before you are given the job. You must act as leader among your teammates.Management is really looking for their next level management early. They want you to be their clear choice before the position is available. One should actively talk with management about future opportunities before these opportunities become available.

When position does become available you will typically interview with the store manager followed by the district manager and finally phone interview with the regional manager, (where applicable). After these processes you are offered a position from your store manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk over current opportunities and successes that you see in the organization.

What skills, knowledge, or attributes can you bring to the existing management team?
      How might you handle conflict resolution with both customers and internal staff members?
      What type of leadership style you prefer and why?
      How might you motivate staff?
      What motivates you?
      How can you drive sales success is key metrics?
      How will you lead team members inline with company values and goals?
      Where do you see your future with the company?
      What is you background prior to joining the company?
      How do you feel the team will respond to your internal promotion?
      How might you handle unease during this transition?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach (White Plains, NY).

Interview

Recruited off the floor, interviewed with the district manager and then the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coach (Gainesville, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I walked in to fill out an application. Once i was done they set up an interview right away with the store manager the next week. After that interview i met with the District manager and was hired.

Interview Questions

• First question in the interview was Why would I come to an Interview with a handbag that isnt Coach? Good question but I found it to be a little out of line. They will always ask you to sell a handbag and know a little about Coach.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Over the phone, talked for a few minutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Coach (Hershey, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

First interview with the new store manager and a second interview with the district manager. Received a phone call 2 days after that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• None all seemed logical for the position and if you know good customer service and are seasoned in retail none should seem that difficult. I was told more than once that Coach stands behind their managers (as long as it is an intelligent decision) and that they encourage their managers to make decisions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received an amazing offer and did not see the need to "negotiate".

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coach.

Interview

Multiple interviews with multiple management. Sent resume through email and received a call back within 24 hours and scheduled an interview with store manager within the week. After the interview, she scheduled another interview with the district manager. After passing the DM, phone interview with the Regional Manager. The last part with the Regional Manager left a sour taste in my mouth. Had to reschedule and reschedule and reschedule until I fit his schedule which makes it feel like I'm not important enough.

Interview Questions

• Everything was within standard questions. If you had prepared in advanced it wouldn't have been hard. Very focused on customer service and sales targets (it is retail at the end of the day) Very little questions concerning your interests.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much to negotiate. I asked for what I wanted and I got it

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach.

Interview

The hiring process is streamlined and the hiring manager is easily accessible for questions. The interview process for a position on the sales leadership (management) team requires an initial interview with the store manager with a follow-up interview with the district manager (if the store manager would like to proceed with the hiring process after his or her interview with the candidate).

Interview Questions

• The majority of the interview conversations revolve around the candidate's experience with customer service and conversion (and what skills the candidate has to help store teams win in those categories).   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Coach.

Interview

promoted from within

Interview Questions

• What are plans you have in place to make the team stronger   1 Answer

Negotiation

pay was above what i was expecting

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coach in August 2010.

Interview

Started with a group interview for any position in which you would specify the position you were interested in. A getting to know you type thing. They would contact you back if they were interested in pursuing it further. I had a group interview and 2 additional one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• General experience in Situation-Action-Result type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much in negotiation aspect, the offer was fair and in the range I was asking for.