Coach

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – External hire - interviewed with DM about store location job expectations, requirements, etc. Went through resume. Talked through expectations of company. Meeting sales goals, style, fashion, etc.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you at a manager in the company?   Answer Question

White Plains, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – Recruited off the floor, interviewed with the district manager and then the store manager.

Interview Question – Routine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Hershey, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Coach in September 2012.

Interview Details – First interview with the new store manager and a second interview with the district manager. Received a phone call 2 days after that I was hired.

Interview Question – None all seemed logical for the position and if you know good customer service and are seasoned in retail none should seem that difficult. I was told more than once that Coach stands behind their managers (as long as it is an intelligent decision) and that they encourage their managers to make decisions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received an amazing offer and did not see the need to "negotiate".

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with multiple management. Sent resume through email and received a call back within 24 hours and scheduled an interview with store manager within the week. After the interview, she scheduled another interview with the district manager. After passing the DM, phone interview with the Regional Manager. The last part with the Regional Manager left a sour taste in my mouth. Had to reschedule and reschedule and reschedule until I fit his schedule which makes it feel like I'm not important enough.

Interview Question – Everything was within standard questions. If you had prepared in advanced it wouldn't have been hard. Very focused on customer service and sales targets (it is retail at the end of the day) Very little questions concerning your interests.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much to negotiate. I asked for what I wanted and I got it

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – The hiring process is streamlined and the hiring manager is easily accessible for questions. The interview process for a position on the sales leadership (management) team requires an initial interview with the store manager with a follow-up interview with the district manager (if the store manager would like to proceed with the hiring process after his or her interview with the candidate).

Interview Question – The majority of the interview conversations revolve around the candidate's experience with customer service and conversion (and what skills the candidate has to help store teams win in those categories).   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Coach.

Interview Details – promoted from within

Interview Question – What are plans you have in place to make the team stronger   View Answer

Negotiation Details – pay was above what i was expecting

Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in May 2009.

Interview Details – Spoke with the store manager and District manager, they sat me down and asked me questions on my history and how I coach my team and give recognition they asked how I felt about having a sales goal monthly and why I'd like to work there. What are my strenths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coach in August 2010.

Interview Details – Started with a group interview for any position in which you would specify the position you were interested in. A getting to know you type thing. They would contact you back if they were interested in pursuing it further. I had a group interview and 2 additional one on one interviews.

Interview Question – General experience in Situation-Action-Result type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much in negotiation aspect, the offer was fair and in the range I was asking for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coach

Worked for Coach? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coach Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Coach employees and interview candidates.